CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You're right

My brain was thinking fairly but I wrote very, not sure why I typed that.

IMO, it can be somewhat accurate. Of course, power rankings by nature are just an ordinal ranking, which means it lacks the ability to compare relative strength compared to say, team 3 and team 6. Team 3 might have proven to be better than 4 and 5, but maybe they have a 9-1 record but that #1 loss is to #6? That's just the nature of power rankings.

I wouldn't take them too seriously. "Power rankings" are sort of like fantasy sports, it doesn't take into account team chemistry and stuff, it's just good fun. 

Basically, what I meant was, these are most likely the 8 best teams, but maybe not in the correct order. Time will tell that in the pro league. 

This semantic argument is ridiculous. The community power rankings will be VERY ACCURATE representations of the community's perception of said power rankings, provided the community actually participates. It's literally in the title. Figuring out if the community's perception matches reality is currently impossible, because, outside of actual win/loss records (which we won't have until the pro-league actually begins), there is no perfectly objective representation of rankings that exists. This is just a way of communicating the community's perception of rankings, and it's appropriately named as such.

Keep doing what you're doing, @@VinFTW. I'm excited to see the first week of rankings  :smiley:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Maybe str8 and formal (not Halo related obv) will be, but Naded has a kid and I think a new GF living with him?

but for The LCQ he might come over for a few days.

So hype for High Riders, boamx is my cousin and he's been grinding this game hard. I remember inviting this kid to Halo 3 LANs when he was 10 years old wow haha.

• Upvote (+1) 9

My boy boamx and the rest of the High Riders squad qualified for next weekend's Last Chance Qualifier!!!

So happy for him  :fire:  :fire:  :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 7

@ thanks for spoiling the game u fuck

had to, i was in a chat call with boam and i was hyped as fuck for him

• Upvote (+1) 6

D1djnCt.png

are these the first round matchups?

str8 might lose first round if it is

this will be double elim bo5 all tourney?

str8 might lose first round if it is

no those are the seeds, yes double elim, no one knows the best of though

Edit: those aren't the seeds

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a list of the teams. Not matchups or seeds.

We dont know the format of the tournament yet (other than Ryanoob confirming double-elim).

Some pros think it will be Pools for the LCQ. I personally hope it's just one 16-team Double-elim bracket.

had to, i was in a chat call with boam and i was hyped as fuck for him

thanks! it was great knowing who won a meaningful 2 kill slayer a minute before i happened  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been low key watching this botchyhawk kid not sure who he is or how long he has been around but he is really good nice to seem him make lcq

Sort of confused so teams and or players that competed yesterday could compete again today?

Just a list of the teams. Not matchups or seeds.

We dont know the format of the tournament yet (other than Ryanoob confirming double-elim).

Some pros think it will be Pools for the LCQ. I personally hope it's just one 16-team Double-elim bracket.

one bracket wont work, since you'll end up with a grand final with nothing to play for.

it will be lke the other qualifiers i bet:

1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 - Pool A 

2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16 - pool b

Been low key watching this botchyhawk kid not sure who he is or how long he has been around but he is really good nice to seem him make lcq

Sort of confused so teams and or players that competed yesterday could compete again today?

The teams who hadn't already qualified for the LCQ could compete again today.

Botchy is a top AM player, I can't wait for more people to notice.

one bracket wont work, since you'll end up with a grand final with nothing to play for.

it will be lke the other qualifiers i bet:

1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 - Pool A

2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16 - pool b

No it's a double elim bracket. Winner's final winner is 1st qualified. Loser's finals winner is 2nd qualified.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Or you could have the Winner's Final winner getting the 1st spot.

And the Loser's Final winner getting the 2nd spot.

Like they did in the 8-team EU Qualifier, just with an extra round for 16 teams.

*Edit* Beaten to the punch by Mr. Mikwenvy.

This semantic argument is ridiculous. The community power rankings will be VERY ACCURATE representations of the community's perception of said power rankings, provided the community actually participates. It's literally in the title. Figuring out if the community's perception matches reality is currently impossible, because, outside of actual win/loss records (which we won't have until the pro-league actually begins), there is no perfectly objective representation of rankings that exists. This is just a way of communicating the community's perception of rankings, and it's appropriately named as such.

Keep doing what you're doing, @@VinFTW. I'm excited to see the first week of rankings :smiley:

Good point :p and thanks fam! Been planning on doing something like this for a loooong time, finally deciding to get it going has been fun.

Stoked to see what people think of it tomorrow.

I don't think Ace's NA sponsor will think it's wise for a memory foam mattress to be in his vicinity. :sleeping:

• Upvote (+1) 1