CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyways... I'll pay a headhunter fee to whoever finds me a halo team for my org. I'm tired of waiting for Overwatch to come out to get the ball rolling...

What tier are you aiming for? :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyways... I'll pay a headhunter fee to whoever finds me a halo team for my org. I'm tired of waiting for Overwatch to come out to get the ball rolling...

i would start by looking at the likes of crowd control or god tier, i.e the teams that will be competing in the challenger league, I think that would be your best bet, I wouldn't imagine they are looking for salaries, and they wouldn't have massive expenses either (well i would imagine anyway). 

I didnt imply or state any of that. Your reading comprehension has failed you. I said name me 24 EU players. Im saying they dont need 6 teams in a pro league. Fuck the competition between NA and EU! EU teams barely have enough between them to warrant that many teams being in it. But hey keep capitalizing your adjectives to make your idiotic posts stand out.

It would not be much a league, if it only had 2-4 teams now would it?

Why does this bother you? I am curious, please tell me the negatives about the eu pro league having 6 teams? Please elaborate so I can attempt to understand your pov.

Edit: From one of your previous points you stated that there aren't "big orgs" in Europe, i take it Epsilon, Fabe and Infused do not count then, it might be worth noting at this point that different regions have different orgs, just because they are not the same as the NA orgs does not automatically make them small. In addition, how do you anticipate this to change, if that region is not given more publicity, this league is an attempt to grow the European scene, by your logic we 343/esl should not even try and just concentrate on NA, good plan, that is ingenious, I hear the way to grow is to concentrate on one market and completely ignore the others.  

What is this guy's point?

That EU shouldn't have a Pro League because there are only 3 or 4 "good" teams? The very first EU qualifier had a highly favored team (The Dinosaurs) get first rounded by low seeded teams in Winners and Losers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It would not be much a league, if it only had 2-4 teams now would it?

But its a league at 6 teams? Heres what youre missing. I dont know whos ranked 5th or 6th in NA but we all watch if the 5th and 6th ranked team play each other. Youd watch the 5th and 6th ranked teams in EU play? I know i wouldnt. I have a feeling most people watching Halo wouldnt because we have no idea of who that would even be.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I dont know whos ranked 5th or 6th in NA 

Someone clearly missed the Power Rankings debacle :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 6

But its a league at 6 teams? Heres what youre missing. I dont know whos ranked 5th or 6th in NA but we all watch if the 5th and 6th ranked team play each other. Youd watch the 5th and 6th ranked teams in EU play? I know i wouldnt. I have a feeling most people watching Halo wouldnt because we have no idea of who that would even be.

How do you expect the EU scene to grow, if they aren't given a league? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i would start by looking at the likes of crowd control or god tier, i.e the teams that will be competing in the challenger league, I think that would be your best bet, I wouldn't imagine they are looking for salaries, and they wouldn't have massive expenses either (well i would imagine anyway).

Yeah that's what I was thinking also, I just haven't been able to keep up to know who is on those top challenger teams. I'll have to do some digging and see if I can find out and then figure out the best way to reach out to them. i just might not have time to do it for a few days which is why a headhunter fee would be worth it to me lol

@@Daj212 daj212 I shot you a PM since I don't want to completely derail this riveting convo zapped is providing us with for my own personal gains

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah that's what I was thinking also, I just haven't been able to keep up to know who is on those top challenger teams. I'll have to do some digging and see if I can find out and then figure out the best way to reach out to them. i just might not have time to do it for a few days which is why a headhunter fee would be worth it to me lol

@@Daj212 daj212 I shot you a PM since I don't want to completely derail this riveting convo zapped is providing us with for my own personal gains

lol it is interesting, I will give him that, without him there would not be much activity right now.

RIP mods.

Still getting a hang of the rules. Aggressive opinions and passionate discussion is fine, name calling and insulting isn't on.

Still getting a hang of the rules. Aggressive opinions and passionate discussion is fine, name calling and insulting isn't on.

I wouldn't call it name calling, I never directed the insults at him (the individual), just his posts. i.e i didn't call him moronic, juvenile or ignorant just his post's, there is a distinction i.e a person can be highly intelligent but still say incredibly stupid and ignorant things. 

It is no different to what saucy and vinftw were doing yesterday,

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pm'd back.. Still getting used to these forums :apg:

I wouldn't call it name calling, I never directed the insults at him, just his posts. i.e i didnt call him moronic, juvenile or ignorant just his post were those things.

It is no different to what saucy and vinftw were doing yesterday

Yeah, I don't want to moderate posts because someone disagrees, the problem is that disagreement breeds negativity that can get out of hand. I'll do my best though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think he was talking about the 500 pages of spam in the section, not anything going on in this thread.

I think he was talking about the 500 pages of spam in the section, not anything going on in this thread.

#Sorted

@@meme team

I accept paypal

Yeah, I don't want to moderate posts because someone disagrees, the problem is that disagreement breeds negativity that can get out of hand. I'll do my best though.

Hey, I don't really care all that much, I just wanted to add my two cents as that message was directed towards me (or i felt it was anyway as my post was the one which was deleted). but look I am not in your position so I cannot argue with you. I will add though there is a distinction between insulting an individual and pointing out flaws in someone's idea, i.e a person can be highly intelligent but still say incredibly stupid things, it does not mean they are stupid but rather just their idea is moronic.

If i crossed z line I apologize though and won't argue.

I'll do my best though.

#AllShekklesFault

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm so sick of people crying over NA only having 8 teams in the Pro League. I for one don't want a watered down Pro League. What fun would a Challenger League be if there were no one that could Challenge?

• Upvote (+1) 8