CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@Vivi Since we know Elevate is competing in the Open Cups, they've forfeited their auto-spot in the LCQ.

Does that mean Open Cup 1 will have the Top 3 teams make the LCQ or Open Cup 2?

Final amount of teams qualifying through the Open Qualifiers won't be known until after the roster lock this evening.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not sure who the right guys to quote here are (@@Vivi?) but it would be cool if TL got a medical exemption from this roster lock given the situation, just so that they have a little flexibility. I understand that Liquid may want to make a change now anyway in order to be able to practice properly, but it really sucks that aPG might miss out.  :crying:   :tear:

Obviously the most important thing is that he treats that concussion properly and gets well soon though, and I think I speak for everyone when I say he has 100% Team Beyond love and support.

No one on Team Liquid has reached out to us regarding this. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, has anyone messed with the new, advanced aim settings? 

From what I understood, matching the vertical and horizontal sensitivities is supposed to make it feel like earlier titles.... or in most peoples' words, not fucked up.

Do you think it will help? If you've tried messing with it, did it help?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is Vexus and Havoc EU pros?

Yup. Vexus is Irish and havoc is from New Zealand and lives in Ireland also I believe.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If you guys cared for a quick update. I proposed the idea to the team that I would play but would not be able to be very vocal in game/practice. I was told by multiple people to at least TRY and play because I know if I simply gave up and watched from the sidelines it would hurt more than losing. They're leaning towards picking up Assault in my place, which is understandable because he will be 100% and give his all. They seem to feel more comfortable with him as it would be a bit of a risk with me and they can get quality practice in before the qualifier

Hope you recover and get to play soon. Hate seeing you on the sidelines. Good on you for giving your team your all before coming to this decision!

Is Vexus and Havoc EU pros?

VexZeus was on Movement with Qristola, Lunny and Flamez, but can't play in the LCQ due to being on holiday.

Havoc placed top 4 at the UK GFINITY Qualifier last year.

just caught up on tons of power ranking arguments, memes, whatever the hell that @@careh post was, and all i can say is....i love this fucking place.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you guys cared for a quick update. I proposed the idea to the team that I would play but would not be able to be very vocal in game/practice. I was told by multiple people to at least TRY and play because I know if I simply gave up and watched from the sidelines it would hurt more than losing. They're leaning towards picking up Assault in my place, which is understandable because he will be 100% and give his all. They seem to feel more comfortable with him as it would be a bit of a risk with me and they can get quality practice in before the qualifier

I have so much respect for the way you're treating this.  You were dealt a shitty hand, and instead of screwing over your team or being super negative about it you're pushing through.  Do we have an APG fan signature @@mediabrute

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have so much respect for the way you're treating this.  You were dealt a shitty hand, and instead of screwing over your team or being super negative about it you're pushing through.  Do we have an APG fan signature @@mediabrute

Ever since H5 i've grown into the biggest APG fan. 

Dudes a grinder, trooper, etc. 

Serious respect APG. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Worth asking for a medical exemption.  I think Vivi's response hinted as it being a possibility if you asked.

Honestly wish there were 10 teams in the pro league. 

I really want Optic/liquid/elevate/and either soul or str8 rippin in the league

considering EU has 6, it's almost a slap in the face that NA only gets 8

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is someone who obviously doesn't post going to complain on Twitter about what other people are posting here?

As if we are simply here for his entertainment and should only post things that will appease him.

Entitled millenials smh my head

• Downvote (-1) 1

considering EU has 6, it's almost a slap in the face that NA only gets 8

it will be a better story line if there's only 8 and a good team doesn't qualify and then they do at the end of the season
  • Upvote (+1) 2

This is me just speculating, but it would help the Pro Team understand the depth of H5 in an otherwise unobtainable way. It could lead to better map making and balance decisions. 

Plus it would also set some kind of bar for competitive teams. If the Pro Team is able to keep up with the top 12 teams, it shows that those teams actually need to practice.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, and it would definitely help them understand the meta a little more, but I think they know it would be a bit of a stomp so they won't even try.

Alright, this is my first time posting here ever. 

Please post more often.

VexZeus was on Movement with Qristola, Lunny and Flamez, but can't play in the LCQ due to being on holiday.

Havoc placed top 4 at the UK GFINITY Qualifier last year.

I knew Id seen their names somewhere. Had a real fun flag game against them. Went +10  :simms: