CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Safe money is on Optic and Liquid of course, but don't count out an upset from a team like Soul Red, Denial or Elevate.

What are people's thoughts on 8 team vs 10 team Pro League if OpTic doesn't make it in?

I might get shit on for this (I haven't caught up today yet) but does anyone else think that the fathom speed boost might be fun to watch? Idk, the railgun is getting stale from a viewership perspective imo, and I think speed boost could be kinda interesting. Don't love the SAW though.

Edit: just realized Im no longer premium master race  :mj:

Im with you on the Railgun. I'd like to never see that gun again in competitive Halo. I don't really think speed boost will do much on the map. Seems silly and sorta useless imo. But ive also never seen in played with top players, so, maybe it could be interesting... I don't know. Seems like a silly powerup for competitive play.  

Saw is pure hate. One of the worst weapon placements currently on any of our maps.

• Upvote (+1) 4

OFF T.

So if yall missed it, elv played a crazy rig slayer game against EG last night. and someone maybe me might have hopped on at the perfect time to cast said game.

Heinz and Danoxide both had no scopes for tripple kills and i lost my mind and my roommates yelled at me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isyv67wWKnA

OT

Intel has it Cafe con leche a smart camper ninja arts and cpt anarchy are a team.

First time ever watching something you've commentated. If you really want to become an HCS caster, I think you should work on your analysis a bit. As a play by play caster I think that was pretty good, you definitely captured most of the major moments which is a big plus.

I just think that the HCS needs more analysts in its repertoire and so that is where your best chance is. Overall I enjoyed it though... Good luck in your endeavors.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't run adblock to continue to see ads on these forums :lxthul::kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

What are people's thoughts on 8 team vs 10 team Pro League if OpTic doesn't make it in?

5c4bde1e1d902506f034f3c7837ce875.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

As I made my foray into my fourth green bar, I saw the light.

There's just something about knowing that people like what you say that feels good. I wish I didn't care about rep, but that Golden Rep bar looks so appealing...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's just something about knowing that people like what you say that feels good. I wish I didn't care about rep, but that Golden Rep bar looks so appealing...

Benefit of only coming to TB on mobile; i cant see my rep bar.

• Upvote (+1) 7

First time ever watching something you've commentated. If you really want to become an HCS caster, I think you should work on your analysis a bit. As a play by play caster I think that was pretty good, you definitely captured most of the major moments which is a big plus.

I just think that the HCS needs more analysts in its repertoire and so that is where your best chance is. Overall I enjoyed it though... Good luck in your endeavors.

to piggyback on this, @@W0uld, it's really not so much anything you're doing wrong. As RTS said, you were quite a smooth and enjoyable listen from a p-b-p standpoint.

I think, in the last few events, the need for someone to do actual live analysis has been made readily apparent. It's not so much needing someone to give in-depth, Tiberius-level intel. It's more needing someone in the booth who can give *correct* little insights into why a player/team is playing the way they are, making certain moves, etc. When Ryanoob was casting, those sorts of insights, although not groundbreaking, went really well with the listening experience.

My point is, I agree that there is a huge need for more conceptual casters, and with your enthusiasm, I'm pretty sure you'd be good at it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Heinz used to stream all the time and now he streams like once a month.  What happened?  He is one of my favorite players and a great streamer.  It's a shame.

• Upvote (+1) 3

dude! thanks ill work on that tonight. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not giving a fuck if people like what you say feels good too.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Benefit of only coming to TB on mobile; i cant see my rep bar.

I believe you have found "the way". I'll give you a hint: it's full green.

Not giving a fuck if people like what you say feels good too.

True to a degree, I joined this forum to talk about Halo and competitive Halo more in depth. If people didn't care what I had to say, I probably joined the wrong forum or I should just lurk.

Also, green is the colour of  :dank:

• Upvote (+1) 2

OhHRK8c.png

Cheeky little goose from Randa.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Oddball never even got a chance :(

TAKE IT TO THE SETTINGS THREAD PAL, YOU'RE NOT WELCOME HERE

edit: jk remove radar

• Upvote (+1) 7

to piggyback on this, @@W0uld, it's really not so much anything you're doing wrong. As RTS said, you were quite a smooth and enjoyable listen from a p-b-p standpoint.

I think, in the last few events, the need for someone to do actual live analysis has been made readily apparent. It's not so much needing someone to give in-depth, Tiberius-level intel. It's more needing someone in the booth who can give *correct* little insights into why a player/team is playing the way they are, making certain moves, etc. When Ryanoob was casting, those sorts of insights, although not groundbreaking, went really well with the listening experience.

My point is, I agree that there is a huge need for more conceptual casters, and with your enthusiasm, I'm pretty sure you'd be good at it.

Loud and clear, 100% gonna work on that tonight. Will be hard to resist doing play by play, because i love all the action so the next one will be a lot more methodical. Thanks so much for the input

• Upvote (+1) 4

A lot of TB users from NJ I'm seeing, any NYC love?!

On Topic: CLG is still Super duper God Tier, everyone else is still trying to catch up.

Loud and clear, 100% gonna work on that tonight. Will be hard to resist doing play by play, because i love all the action so the next one will be a lot more methodical. Thanks so much for the input

Awesome! And don't get discouraged- I have no casting experience, but I imagine it'd be really hard to do that solo, since color commentators usually provide their "color" based on what the play-by-play guy is saying. an interesting conundrum

• Upvote (+1) 2