CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Communication wasn't there and didnt see improvement from that. They are very skilled but just didn't work out

You guys aren't playing with mostdamagedealt and n3rd wicked anymore? Any reason?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to see Elevate and Optic get through in the LCQ, but I'd be genuinely happy for any other team as well. 

Ran into some wannabe Meme Team-ers. It went as well for them as Meme Team vs Liquid.  :simms:  :dank:

The strats we do are just unexplainable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've seen a lot of people not wanting to use the word "tilt" (not just here, but in other places), and whilst I can understand that point of view, but I think it's just a word to describe "Isn't on their best performance" and I'm ok with whatever the current word for that is.

Does anyone remember HK Soviet from Halo 3? The guy was incredible online and at (practice) LAN's, but as Sundance frequently reminded us during tournaments, the guy never really performed the way people had seen him online/practice when money was on the line. He just wasn't as good. 

I feel people are forgetting this. @@Snip3down tweeted earlier: 

And I actually agree with him. Say what you want about EG, they qualified without too much of a challenge. Despite recent scrim results (reminder: OpTic beat them quite soundly) EG have qualified and OpTic might not even do that. There is a huge difference in online, LAN and tournament. Ogre 2 always shows up for events, so does Roybox/Snip3down. 

So whatever the word people use "tilt" "jitters" "nerves" "rage" doesn't matter, what matters is that with all these online tournaments, people seem to have forgotten how much things change in a LAN tournament compared to online. Some of these new-blood players are absolutely fantastic online, but will nerves get to them when they're on the mainstage?

All of these things affect people, and whilst scrim results are important, they aren't the final word and I think the recent tournament is proving that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I really think the Qualification bracket was poorly designed. How does it make sense that you play the same team 2/3 times when you're qualifying for 1/4 spots?

And in relation to Snipedown's tweet, apparently he forgot when they lost to RNG at worlds and suffered in a similar manner due to seeding and bracket placement

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I really think the Qualification bracket was poorly designed. How does it make sense that you play the same team 2/3 times when you're qualifying for 1/4 spots?

And in relation to Snipedown's tweet, apparently he forgot when they lost to RNG at worlds

different team?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think the important question is...does 2gre keep the team together? Or is there a minor shake up?

Allowed one shakeup right?

Also, does anyone know how they actually looked?

Thinking about what would happened if Optic doesn't qualify for Pro League like

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ran into some wannabe Meme Team-ers. It went as well for them as Meme Team vs Liquid.  :simms:  :dank:

n1FGlsQ.jpg

This was one of the strats we abandoned shortly before playing last tournament. Maybe we should give it another shot..

• Upvote (+1) 1

different team?

Not about a different team, just weird seedings and brackets have the opportunity to screw you over 

• Downvote (-1) 3

l8 but 

the stream experience this sunday was a let down for me

1) the amount of missed flag caps was too damn high

2) the amount of time a caster would switch to another POV was too damn fast! It really made it hard FOR ME to see the flow/story line of the game because the amount of switching made it seem more like highlights than actual gameplay. was it like that in h3? i swear they stayed with players through respawn more often.

3) i know its beating a dead horse by now but this was strongside's worst event casting. He left me confused and angry at all the mistakes he was making calling what was happening for example: "and he will clean that kill up, no he wont, excuse me yes he did" or "and he will get the trade" when the player did not get the trade on fathom porch or as tiberius mentioned the whole flag overtime confusion. 

4) idk if it was just on my end but some players POV's kept flickering black screens and had awful audio so the casters would switch to a players pov that didnt have issues causing us to miss some flag caps, important moments, power weapon gameplay. 

5) i think im just biased towards mlg because i feel like the production they put on vs what esl puts on is night and day. I think this is probably nit? picking but the sideline reporters questions were so poor and the opposite of insightful(again maybe the questions are asked with a newer audience in mind)

6) goldenboy is great in front of a camera, has a great voice for a caster, and sets up the other caster well. However, i dont think he currently has the talent next to him to compliment his style of casting so sometimes i feel like he is forced to do both. if t2 doesnt qualify, which i hope he does, he would be a perfect fit next to goldenboy or simms. Ryanoob was good, and i remember towey being awesome when he got the chance but given those players current positions i dont think casting is an option.

anyways i feel like i could go on but i think this already is overkill but it feels good to write it down somewhere. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Some random points I want to touch upon:

1) As @@Cratos and others mentioned, TL & Optic are NOT shoe-ins for the last two spots. Elevate beat RNG & nV in scrims, and Soul Red has potential with more practice.

2) Stats don't matter. Everybody's praising Mikwen & Ola for their great stats, but El Town & Rayne made that possible with their dirty/selfless work and obj. play. Both of those two go off with power weapons, but fall into more support roles on this squad. Also, Rayne is the new Chig - glad to see him next to Mikwen, as Chig suggested after PAX.

3) Online/scrims vs. LAN is very situational. Certain players (Naded, Maniac, Contra, Dev) play very differently in the two settings - for some it's personality, others its internet. Then you have players who look similar on LAN as online - Ninja comes to mind. 

4) As long as the Challenger Open Circuit isn't half-assed, I'm fine with only 8 teams in Pro League. More cross-pollination with declining pros and AMs. Also makes relegation/qualification that much more intense. 

5) I love this competitive scene and y'all  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

So what was your biggest takeaway from this weekend? For me, it was Optic can hang but for not too long.

Not about a different team, just weird seedings and brackets have the opportunity to screw you over

What was weird about the seedings/brackets ? EG didn't win their group. so as a result, they got matched against a team that won their group...

So what was your biggest takeaway from this weekend? For me, it was Optic can hang but for not too long.

People enjoy empire strongholds playing like multi-team crazy king in H3 with waves of people jumping in the objective with ARs
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The current iteration of OpTic is still new as well.

I would lean towards Optic and Liquid qualifying.

I find it funny, personally, when people say that with 8 teams in the pro league, the Challenger division will be dominated by the Pro's.

Funny thing is, if you don't qualify for the PRO League.......You're not a PRO in H5.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Does snipedown realize everything is online until the finals? Online is a bigger deal now.

How can you say eg won without challenge when they weere down 0-2 in a bo5, then won 4-2 in a bo7

disclaimer: I'm not a pro player obviously, this is just solely speaking as a viewer. 

So, serious question and I really want to talk about this:

How do people feel about Empire Strongholds and Plaza Slayer?

Personally, I truly dislike watching these gametypes (don't really like playing them either).

I feel like with radar and the weapon layout on Plaza, it's way too easy to trap someone in plaza and it's hard for a team to climb out. 

As for Empire SH, I know pro's kinda like this one but damn, it's just a fucking clusterfuck. I'd like to see the Pit SH moved to Turbine or at the very least turbine stairs (please god not on the outside powerweapon). I'm also praying the updated maps tomorrow fix the ridiculously absurd auto problem. 

Idk, these are my least two favorite maps that I'd love to see at the least altered. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

disclaimer: I'm not a pro player obviously, this is just solely speaking as a viewer.

So, serious question and I really want to talk about this:

How do people feel about Empire Strongholds and Plaza Slayer?

Personally, I truly dislike watching these gametypes (don't really like playing them either).

I feel like with radar and the weapon layout on Plaza, it's way too easy to trap someone in plaza and it's hard for a team to climb out.

As for Empire SH, I know pro's kinda like this one but damn, it's just a fucking clusterfuck. I'd like to see the Pit SH moved to Turbine or at the very least turbine stairs (please god not on the outside powerweapon). I'm also praying the updated maps tomorrow fix the ridiculously absurd auto problem.

Idk, these are my least two favorite maps that I'd love to see at the least altered.

I personally like empire SH, but a lot of slayers imo aren't too great because of radar, Eden Slayer is the perfect example I think it's probably the worst gametype there is, it's so very hard to make any type of play to come back if the team has rockets and snipe and blue side. Then there's tower with shotty and the way h5 plays out you can just use the weapons to get the next set of weapons. Imo why I think that game type can be really one sided (ha I'm funny)

• Upvote (+1) 5