CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Even if you wish the pro league featured 10 teams, you have to admit the qualifiers are far more exciting with there only being 8. 

And thus every relegation tournament will be even more insane.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even if you wish the pro league featured 10 teams, you have to admit the qualifiers are far more exciting with there only being 8. 

Yes, I'm so thrilled when I'm watching a game, wondering which established and proven pro player is going to place outside of the pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i just wanted to confirm that 343 is going to provide Fantasy HCS with stats for the lan so be on the lookout for that

i don't have a time table for you guys but just know that it's happening 

Best news I've heard all day.   :hearts:

• Upvote (+1) 2

We sold out, we are being sponsored by /r/halo, they are sending us Astros  :kappa:

:poop:

I've been working on a YouTube series that will essentially be a weekly recap/review of everything Halo Championship Series. Basically a TL;DR of what you missed from tournaments and Pro Leagues. Everything you missed during Tournaments, Beyond, and everything else in a short digestable 2-3 minute recap. I've been waiting on some graphics from some co-workers to get it started. Figured if I'm going to do it, do it right from the start. Small handful of people know what I've been working on, but I'm getting close to making it a reality so I dont mind teasing it now<3

I'm planning on making a formal announcement this week or next.

This sounds fantastic, I've been thinking about recaps as well, not in video form though, and knowing that you're working on something like this sounds awesome. I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'm probably going to start thinking about doing previews, maybe weekly previews when the pro league starts up, instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The main thing that doesn't make sense about 8 team pro league, is that you just had a World Championships with 8 teams just from NA (not to mention a 16 team regional). So when S2 Worlds comes around after the 2nd split, what, all 8 pro league teams make it? Or only the top 4 automatically make it, but you have 4 more spots open to the bottom 4 teams and some other teams that have been frozen out of playing against pros for a few months? 8 teams is a format that makes sense to me if you're worried about the cost of paying all the players and teams, but in the context of what's been established for Worlds it seems to be a big mismatch.

Daily reminder:

Elevate and Denial are far worse than Optic or Liquid.

Dont know much about elevate, but denial are not a great team, STOP SAYING THEY ARE, they won 1 map out 7 i repeat 1. If they were as good as people make they wouldn't have been dismantled the way they were. They would not compete against the top teams. Neither would soul red for that matter. so please stop exaggerating, the talent pool in halo 5 is not that big. There is an ENORMOUS drop off after the top 8, don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

I think soul and elevate can beat out both liquid and optic online. Just saying don't be suprised if one of those two teams don't make it in
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Yes, I'm so thrilled when I'm watching a game, wondering which established and proven pro player is going to place outside of the pro league.

There would almost be no point watching the LCQ if it were 10 teams because you could basically guarantee which teams would make it in.

The only two question marks would probably be Denial/Soul and even then it'd probably be Soul.

This sounds fantastic, I've been thinking about recaps as well, not in video form though, and knowing that you're working on something like this sounds awesome. I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'm probably going to start thinking about doing previews, maybe weekly previews when the pro league starts up, instead.

Give me a shout if you need somebody to bounce ideas back and forth with or collaborate on some stuff. Goodluck<3!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completely forgot about the passing of Strongside's mother recently.  Can't imagine what was going through his head during this event. Major props.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who had the best radar use this weekend? @@LethuL once told me that Huke was the best or one of the best at this. Does Huke still hold this prestigious crown?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I completely forgot about the passing of Strongside's mother recently.  Can't imagine what was going through his head during this event. Major props.

wow are you serous....

yesterday was mothers day too  :huh: 

poor guy, and everyone is calling for his head

<3 SS

Who had the best radar use this weekend? @@LethuL once told me that Huke was the best or one of the best at this. Does Huke still hold this prestigious crown?

lol you really are a dog with a bone.

Edit: what happened to your glorious sig?

8 teams make it feel exclusive.  10 teams not so much...

Liquid and Optic better watch out for Elevate though.. that team is pretty strong.

should pro status not be exclusive to the best players in the game?

https://www.twitch.tv/halo/v/65332065?t=7h30m45s

Adding to that, VODs of every player perspective with listen in audio for the whole tournament would be  :cash: . I know nothing is ever as simple as it sounds with A/V and streaming, but they have capture cards on all of the stations there so I assume it wouldn't be too hard to archive everything and upload it somewhere. I'm sure there are players/coaches that would make some #content commentating over their matches and stuff. @@LenoxCG

@@underchemist

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still don't understand @@VinFTW's argument that "Having more teams in the pro league attracts more orgs."

...yet 3 of the 4 teams in CoD's recent relegations were part of Cloud 9 (2 teams) and Team Liquid (1 team).  The fourth ended up qualifying and bringing in a brand new org, 100 Thieves.

In League of Legends, their challenger scene has had CLG, TSM, Cloud 9, Curse, Liquid, Complexity, vVv, Denial, Team LoLPro (part of Curse), LMQ (Offshoot of Royal Club, a Chinese org), Quantic (a now dead org).  And that's just the North American challenger scene.

If the challenger scene is robust enough, orgs will look at the teams there as cheaper investments for their potential qualification to the pro league, and try to raise them up into the league.

Hell, C9 is benching some of its LCS players (or rather, moving them to a Challenger team) in order to try to qualify for LCS the hard way.  Because having a second team qualify for the league means you get to sell your league spot -- which, at the moment, nets way more money than actually having a winning team.  LCS spots sell for >1 million (I think it's in the 2-3 range right now, we'll see how much Renegades/TDK/TIP's spots go for soon.)

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol you really are a dog with a bone.

Edit: what happened to your glorious sig?

For some reason the gif in my sig keeps expiring. I'm kind of a noob with this stuff though. Also, who had the best AR accuracy?

I still don't understand @@VinFTW's argument that "Having more teams in the pro league attracts more orgs."

...yet 3 of the 4 teams in CoD's recent relegations were part of Cloud 9 (2 teams) and Team Liquid (1 team). The fourth ended up qualifying and bringing in a brand new org, 100 Thieves.

In League of Legends, their challenger scene has had CLG, TSM, Cloud 9, Curse, Liquid, Complexity, vVv, Denial, Team LoLPro (part of Curse), LMQ (Offshoot of Royal Club, a Chinese org), Quantic (a now dead org). And that's just the North American challenger scene.

If the challenger scene is robust enough, orgs will look at the teams there as cheaper investments for their potential qualification to the pro league, and try to raise them up into the league.

Hell, C9 is benching some of its LCS players (or rather, moving them to a Challenger team) in order to try to qualify for LCS the hard way. Because having a second team qualify for the league means you get to sell your league spot -- which, at the moment, nets way more money than actually having a winning team. LCS spots sell for >1 million (I think it's in the 2-3 range right now, we'll see how much Renegades/TDK/TIP's spots go for soon.)

Are you really comparing the challenger league in the most popular eSport in the world to what Halo 5s challenger league is going to be? As well as the end goal in the pro league?

Having 10 spots with 2 more popular orgs would be more lucrative for pretty much everyone involved.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

For some reason the gif in my sig keeps expiring. I'm kind of a noob with this stuff though. Also, who had the best AR accuracy?

Cratos.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

i have been trying to mentor scaryotic for so long.( inb4 "w0uld mentoring scaryotic that will only make him worse!?!?!")

He has made serious changes to his attitude in game. If you actually talk to him he his absolutley fine, in that way i relate to him. Having people by the masses misunderstand your passion via the internet can be hard to cope with. I have tried to get him to chill with the twitter stuff but he wont listen. He just does not have a humble bone in is body yet. He is a young kid, making mistakes. He is a good player ACE, and roy have both said he has a bright future in competitive halo. He just needs to team with a veteran, Maybe Cpt anarchy, or T2 could take him in.

In regard to him being "absolutely fine," that's just not true. I just scrimmed his potential team (we won 5-1), and I spoke with his potential teammates and they emphasized how negative he was towards other plays insisting that everyone was "baiting him" and not being team players when (from our team's perspective and their team's perspective) that wasn't the case at all. He then left the lobby and didn't respond my my message saying gg. 

I don't know the guy at all (I spoke with him just once today), but the stories that are all too frequent seem to be reality, still, at least according to his ex-potential teammates.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just heads up, open qualifiers are this weekend. We have decided to continue to look for the best new talent.

#farmsystem

We are looking for players with good k/d a

Prefer above 5 or 6 not because stats matter but because if you are going positive and shoot a lot you will get a bunch of assists. You can even go negative kd with a lot of assists and complete this.

Plus because suddoth2 is way too agrees I've and I need some help in the slaying

With that being said. I will be running tryouts. I definitely wanna say it's been fun these past few years finding new talent and always been able to see that. Been rough this last year with my bro and his cancer and online tourneys and no Lans for open tournaments and single Elim with teams changing every weekend and day with most shady kids. It's a rough time for halo and only top 8 being pro league isn't the right direction in my opinion. NFL or MLB doesn't limit their teams to only 8m that's what playoffs are for.

We will be running with people. I'll be checking halotracker.Com and clips and stuff if u think u have the teamwork and capability to beat these teams like soul and optic and liquid and denial. There are tons of big names gonna be left out. I've beaten many of them before so I'm gonna give it all I can to last second throw a team together and get the chance.

@me the stuff u want me to see and good luck

#goldenticket #farmsystem. #realitycheck

You guys aren't playing with mostdamagedealt and n3rd wicked anymore? Any reason?