CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Online scrims. Online. Scrims. Practice.

Whats the difference? Rng got their rep from online scrims but now another team cant?

Online only is another reason why pro league is a shit show. And only top4 are going to the lan playoffs so we'll never know where people really stand.

i have been trying to mentor scaryotic for so long.( inb4 "w0uld mentoring scaryotic that will only make him worse!?!?!")

He has made serious changes to his attitude in game. If you actually talk to him he his absolutley fine, in that way i relate to him. Having people by the masses misunderstand your passion via the internet can be hard to cope with. I have tried to get him to chill with the twitter stuff but he wont listen. He just does not have a humble bone in is body yet. He is a young kid, making mistakes. He is a good player ACE, and roy have both said he has a bright future in competitive halo. He just needs to team with a veteran, Maybe Cpt anarchy, or T2 could take him in.

He has teamed with a veteran before in the form of FIS, doesn't seem to have helped, and to be honest I caught those streams and his behaviour was beyond childish, he is 17 ffs, huke is similar in age but the difference between the two is night and day, also until he learns that he is not gods greatest gift to mankind he will never succeed, there are plenty of talented individuals who fail to make it because of there attitude, he fits that description perfectly.

Actually i can create a list of similarly aged players:

Penquin

Suspector

Danoxide

Huke 

Bubu Dubu

Commonly

None of those players have his personality traits despite being all within close proximity to his age. Some times you have to call a spade a spade and scaryotic is a lost cause. They have all accomplished MUCH MORE than he has or ever will and yet his ego is bigger than all of those guys combined (and danoxide has a big ego also)

• Upvote (+1) 4

What was once considered not important (online scrims), is now everything (Pro League).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does the roster lock apply to teams who have not yet qualified?  I honestly think it shouldn't.  If a team is failing in the qualifiers, they should be able to adjust their roster IMO

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shout out to this dude on reddit halo, maybe a beyonder? @quadtacular

Highlights from Burbank- Link

Would be cool to see a beyond weekend wrap up/highlight article similar to this. @@CyReN

• Upvote (+1) 4

What was once considered not important (online scrims), is now everything (Pro League).

And I'm thankful for it. No more waiting a few months for teams to fuck up their roster on a deadline whim to play in a LAN.

Week in week out content yes please.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Shout out to this dude on reddit halo, maybe a beyonder? @quadtacular

Highlights from Burbank- Link

Would be cool to see a beyond weekend wrap up/highlight article similar to this. @@CyReN

I've been working on a YouTube series that will essentially be a weekly recap/review of everything Halo Championship Series. Basically a TL;DR of what you missed from tournaments and Pro Leagues. Everything you missed during Tournaments, Beyond, and everything else in a short digestable 2-3 minute recap. I've been waiting on some graphics from some co-workers to get it started. Figured if I'm going to do it, do it right from the start. Small handful of people know what I've been working on, but I'm getting close to making it a reality so I dont mind teasing it now<3

I'm planning on making a formal announcement this week or next.

• Upvote (+1) 8

And I'm thankful for it. No more waiting a few months for teams to fuck up their roster on a deadline whim to play in a LAN.

Week in week out content yes please.

Could be a prime time for some of these pros in the league to start the youtube grind with uploading weekly matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hoping to have an actual stream set up for the Meme Team with in-game and chat audio, the works. Working on the overlay now. Accepting suggestions.

05039510bcf6080c8022002dcdc8e825.jpg

I saw one of you guys tweet this weekend about competing and I genuinely got excited.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Disagreed. Teams like Elevate can give teams like RNG a run for their money. Teams like Optic and Liquid who will qualify from the LCQ most likely can give EG a run for their money.

Of course, CLG is the only exception.

I really don't see how anyone could think the difference between 2 and 8 is "huge".

edit: thank you @@Moses_FPS

You should want to have a setup where the top of the challenger league is actually a threat to the bottom of the pro league. That's why it's called a challenger league; because they present a challenge.

With the current H5 talent pool, there would've hardly been a need to have qualifiers. There'd be no drama, no tension.

It's nice to think that optic and liquid will qualify via the LCQ. But you'll be tuning in because there's a chance one of them won't. It's these types of scenarios that create story lines... And storylines are half of the fun.

I've been working on a YouTube series that will essentially be a weekly recap/review of everything Halo Championship Series. Basically a TL;DR of what you missed from tournaments and Pro Leagues. Everything you missed during Tournaments, Beyond, and everything else in a short digestable 2-3 minute recap. I've been waiting on some graphics from some co-workers to get it started. Figured if I'm going to do it, do it right from the start. Small handful of people know what I've been working on, but I'm getting close to making it a reality so I dont mind teasing it now<3

I'm planning on making a formal announcement this week or next.

Look forward to it man, I think the pro league creates a huge opportuinity for content to be created, glad you not only see it but are trying to capitalize, any idea on when the first 1 will be released?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hoping to have an actual stream set up for the Meme Team with in-game and chat audio, the works. Working on the overlay now. Accepting suggestions.

No TB shout out in that overlay  :simms:

Look forward to it man, I think the pro league creates a huge opportuinity for content to be created, glad you not only see it but are trying to capitalize, any idea on when the first 1 will be released?

Agreed entirely. I'm pretty happy where I'm at in the ability to create this sort of stuff. Lets just hope I dont disappoint:)

I originally was going to have one up this week, but that got derailed with some big things in my personal life. I'm waiting on some GFX and overlays to make it pretty and I'll make an announcement. I think I'll have my first one after the Open Qualifier or LCQ, at least ideally...but putting deadlines on public announcements is suicide.

I just find it crazy that Team Liquid at Worlds only dropped 3 games to Denial the entire tournament and currently none of those members are qualified for the Pro League and at least one won't make it in.  I'm hoping that Liquid gets in because I'm a huge fan of Spartan and I'm hoping OpTic gets in because they have a lot of potential as a team and to grow the scene, but then I really wish I could see how good Elevate can be.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm hoping that Goldenboy doesn't leave the casters table. I know he gets flak for his game knowledge, but I think he's arguably the most entertaining of the regular casters. I'd be really bummed if no one was around to yell things like "SWEET CHRISTMAS" after crazy plays.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm hoping that Goldenboy doesn't leave the casters table. I know he gets flak for his game knowledge, but I think he's arguably the most entertaining of the regular casters. I'd be really bummed if no one was around to yell things like "SWEET CHRISTMAS" after crazy plays.

AN ABSOLUTE SLOBERKNOCKER

• Upvote (+1) 4

AN ABSOLUTE SLOBERKNOCKER

My favorite thing about that phrase is that he seems to use it all the time in wildly different contexts. Sometimes it's when a team is getting shit on, sometimes it's when both teams are putting up a great fight. Having listened to him say it probably hundreds of times, I'm still not sure on a concrete definition. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Just watched the ryanoob casted games...I can't say enough about it. Watching a game with him in the booth is completely different because I actually notice the little things that players are doing that I would normally miss. I hope they keep putting him in the booth and for more than a couple games...I could watch that all day.

• Upvote (+1) 5

8 teams make it feel exclusive.  10 teams not so much...

Liquid and Optic better watch out for Elevate though.. that team is pretty strong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even if you wish the pro league featured 10 teams, you have to admit the qualifiers are far more exciting with there only being 8. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1