CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If Ogre 2 doesn't qualify for the pro league, I fear he might retire on the spot. Someone of his status having to resort to the challenger league!? It would be devastating for him.

Or he could look at it as a challenge. I'd be pretty disappointed if players quit because they weren't able to qualify for Pro League. I understand 2gre is getting older, so I could understand it if he stopped playing. But he hasn't exactly looked great the last 3 months.

10 is indeed the argument.

Anything lower and "pro" players will just dominate the Challenger league and then it's not really a "Challenger" league now is it? The challenger league is supposed to encourage top AMs and newer players to grind for their chance to make it in. It's motivation. It helps the scene stay active and grow, especially since Pro Leagues already, by nature, are constricting. 

What's motivating about getting shit on by two "pro" teams every challenger event and never getting a chance to fight for relegation? Denial and with Optic, Liquid, or Elevate will dominate every challenger event with MAYBE 2-3 Top AM teams fighting w/ them in the semis. 

The challenger league is not necessarily about the viewers or your interest in watching it, thats why we have the Pro League. 

Just like everyone is fighting for 2nd place in the Pro League with CLG being the best :simms:

Just like everyone is fighting for 2nd place in the Pro League with CLG being the best :simms:

To be fair its online, somebody might sneak in a series in

10 is indeed the argument.

Anything lower and "pro" players will just dominate the Challenger league and then it's not really a "Challenger" league now is it? The challenger league is supposed to encourage top AMs and newer players to grind for their chance to make it in. It's motivation. It helps the scene stay active and grow, especially since Pro Leagues already, by nature, are constricting. 

I really do not think teams like denial are that far ahead of teams like crowd control, I think the team with scaryotic on it could really have run this team close, elevate maybe (to early to tell), but liquid were supposedly the best challenger team in cod and they ended up failing to qualify. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Denial barely practiced due to 2gre and seduce having online issues

Or he could look at it as a challenge. I'd be pretty disappointed if players quit because they weren't able to qualify for Pro League. I understand 2gre is getting older, so I could understand it if he stopped playing. But he hasn't exactly looked great the last 3 months.

There is nothing to play for. No money or prestige until worlds without pro league

There is nothing to play for. No money or prestige until worlds without pro league

So you give up? You realize there will be another league? If he isn't really able to motivate himself to show that he is good at this game and deserves to be in the league then he shouldn't be there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did denial put up any kind of fight this weekend? They were humiliated!

And E6 was humiliated at PAX.

Which is exactly my point. Any team from 2-10/12 can beat anybody. CLG is the only seemingly constant variable.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Does...anyone actually have any info on how the challenger league will work? As far as I'm aware the only stuff we know thus far is "there will be events on a regular basis." Any word on when more info will drop? 

I wonder if ALG is getting a team house. They need one because Contra and Devon's internet isn't going to cut it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nowhere near in the same capacity

I do not remember E6 loosing two strongholds by 90+ points, Denial is a top AM team, they do not warrant pro status with results like that.

I really do not think teams like denial are that far ahead of teams like crowd control, I think the team with scaryotic on it could really have run this team close, elevate maybe (to early to tell), but liquid were supposedly the best challenger team in cod and they ended up failing to qualify. 

Boy, I can't wait to see Elevate play Scaryotics team someday...

Nowhere near in the same capacity

I do not remember E6 loosing two strongholds by 90+ points, Denial is a top AM team, they do not warrant pro status with results like that.

Uhhh, even OLD Optic made e6 at PAX look bad....

• Upvote (+1) 2

Elevate beat nV 9-4, then the next night tied 5-5

Elevate then beat Renegades 7-6

That's 2 teams that are qualified for Pro League, but yeah; they're a bad team and have no chance of beating Liquid/Optic.

8184d5b7dd648761b93f7b5cab053a8a.gif

*Edit* This all happened in the 4 days they had formed.

Optic also beat a lot of teams in scrims and look at what happened in the qualifier, online scrims really don't matter.

I don't think you guys are giving Soul Red enough credit. They're right up there with Denial and eLevate imo. They looked a hell of alot more competitive in their matches yesterday than Denial did that's for sure(even if one of them was against a Liquid without a 100% APG).

I believe Cloud, TireIron, Aries, and Hysteria are on a squad as well and I think they would be capable of playing Denial or elevate close. Denial and eLevate wouldn't just dominate the challenger league imo.   

Which is exactly my point. Any team from 2-10/12 can beat anybody. CLG is the only seemingly constant variable.

Denial is not capable of beating anyone, they just aren't, where are people getting this from. They were embarrassed by two separate teams that they can supposedly beat.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Boy, I can't wait to see Elevate play Scaryotics team someday...

Scaryotic was sadly released from that roster the other day, I was referring to the online qualifier for that event, as in if they had met each other it would have been very close between those two.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Optic also beat a lot of teams in scrims and look at what happened in the qualifier, online scrims really don't matter.

Now Online is all that matters, ProLeague is Online.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Denial is not capable of beating anyone, they just aren't, where are people getting this from. They were embarrassed by two separate teams that they can supposedly beat.

ahhh forget it.

Please.  E6 features three players who have spent the entirety of this game on Top 3-4 teams.  Their performance at PAX was therefore a huge shock, it was a fluke.  There is nothing surprising at all about Cratos/Bubu/Huke ironing things out and playing up to their ability.

Denial? Not a single one of those players has accomplished anything in this game.  Dont try and compare them to E6, that is a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Really appreciate all feedback @ me and will be taking it all on board as I continue to develop.

Whilst I don't want to make excuses for people, one thing I want to say is yesterday would have been a very tough day for Strongside, he obviously lost his mother recently. He even had the bravery to discuss Mother's Day with a player and I have the utmost respect for how well he handled yesterday. Remember we are all human.

Great to get to know the NA scene more, hope I'll get to return again one day.

Didn't know he lost his mother, that's awful. I'm impressed he was able to do the event. My thoughts are with you ss.

i have been trying to mentor scaryotic for so long.( inb4 "w0uld mentoring scaryotic that will only make him worse!?!?!")

He has made serious changes to his attitude in game. If you actually talk to him he his absolutley fine, in that way i relate to him. Having people by the masses misunderstand your passion via the internet can be hard to cope with. I have tried to get him to chill with the twitter stuff but he wont listen. He just does not have a humble bone in is body yet. He is a young kid, making mistakes. He is a good player ACE, and roy have both said he has a bright future in competitive halo. He just needs to team with a veteran, Maybe Cpt anarchy, or T2 could take him in.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Please.  E6 features three players who have spent the entirety of this game on Top 3-4 teams.  Their performance at PAX was therefore a huge shock, it was a fluke.  There is nothing surprising at all about Cratos/Bubu/Huke ironing things out and playing up to their ability.

Denial? Not a single one of those players has accomplished anything in this game.  Dont try and compare them to E6, that is a joke.

well said, people just want to kid themselves into thinking denial is top tier becuase 2gre is on it. There is zero evidence to support they are.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Now Online is all that matters, ProLeague is Online.

Online scrims. Online. Scrims. Practice.