CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

so i saw your post and got excited cause i knew it was another paragraph to decode..but this one was trickier than the other ones. i got a pencil and paper cause i was up for the challenge, until i refreshed the page and you gave the answer. FeelsBadMan

3k4Z843.jpg

I appreciate the effort. Sorry man I was just peeved cuz mobile site while it is better than most, is garbage for forum websites and formatting stuff. +1

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinda off topic but I think Halo 5 on PC would do wonders for the competitive community (and the casual community too probably). Obviously you'd need different leagues for console/PC but PC doesn't have a competitive, popular Arena shooter and Halo could fill that niche real well (esp. if 343 support it in the same way they've supported console competitive so far). 

Overwatch, Unreal Tournament, and Law Breakers would blow Halo 5 out of the water competitively on the Arena shooter PC market. I still really, really want to see Halo 5 on the PC though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

APG in Ninja's chat just now. Asked Ninja if he wanted "to play games just to see how it feels." Ninja was like "I mean, yea i'll invite you right now bc we need a fourth person to play with, but..." and then stopped talking. I asked APG in the chat if he'd team with Ninja and he said "yea." I told him that I would like to see them team together, but that it seems like they always have some personal squabble going on and he said "ninja has a squabble with me because i troll him but hes still one of my favs."

Idk how realistic it is bc APG does seem to get under Ninja's skin pretty often. But I feel like their play styles could complement each other well.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I mean, I hate to be THAT guy, but if Commonly, Heinz, APG, and Ninja are gonna run games... I still don't see why Commonly, APG, ACE, and Penguin don't just team... It's a great squad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

in-game audio is way too loud

First off, this.

I do want to say that despite me not liking Cratos he has a good attitude on it all. In the end, if you ignore all the other non-game stuff, he's super passionate about Halo. You can see this in complaints about ALG not practicing enough, the very nerdy way he approaches the game (and even things like tournament seedings, etc.). So, props, I hope he gets on a team that shares that same passion so that at the very least he can push all the other teams.

• Upvote (+1) 7

APG in Ninja's chat just now. Asked Ninja if he wanted "to play games just to see how it feels." Ninja was like "I mean, yea i'll invite you right now bc we need a fourth person to play with, but..." and then stopped talking. I asked APG in the chat if he'd team with Ninja and he said "yea." I told him that I would like to see them team together, but that it seems like they always have some personal squabble going on and he said "ninja has a squabble with me because i troll him but hes still one of my favs."

Idk how realistic it is bc APG does seem to get under Ninja's skin pretty often. But I feel like their play styles could complement each other well.

They teamed in H4 and iirc, it did not go well.

Edit: apparently they did place well together. Idk why i thought they sucked. Maybe just because H4?

^Cratos' views on the past season.

Great video.  Game sound definitely needs to be lower though.  Love seeing all this content being put out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Great video. Game sound definitely needs to be lower though. Love seeing all this content being put out.

He's working on it for sure. I liked the video a lot. Gave a better view of someone who's been typically viewed as a villain around here.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Mikwen, Pistola, Roy, Lunchbox, Arkanum and Commonly got their verification on twitter today. Congrats my homies!

Towey as well.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I mean, I hate to be THAT guy, but if Commonly, Heinz, APG, and Ninja are gonna run games... I still don't see why Commonly, APG, ACE, and Penguin don't just team... It's a great squad.

Man I REALLY want this team or switch commonly with Heinz. Idk why they can't try it

Good stuff from Cratos.

His passion for the game is really awesome to see. That story about him facetiming Lifestyle after the win versus Renegades and crying was great. That's real love for the game and for the competition. Excited to see how he does moving forward with a new team.

But it's really disappointing how ALG just kind of fell apart after Regionals. If they kept grinding they could have made some noise. Not meant to be, I suppose.

• Upvote (+1) 7

XBv4YXB.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

If they kept grinding they could have made some noise. Not meant to be, I suppose.

How do people even come to conclusions like this?  Allegiance "grinded" more than anyone throughout the course of the season and the result was the opposite of what you just described: they got worse the more they played, because ultimately the team's skill level was capped and their performance starting dropping as their early-game advantage over other teams became irrelevant.  This would have continued as new better teams started forming around them, and the players on that roster obviously knew this hence the team disbanding.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How do people even come to conclusions like this?  Allegiance "grinded" more than anyone throughout the course of the season and the result was the opposite of what you just described: they got worse the more they played, because ultimately the team's skill level was capped and their performance starting dropping as their early-game advantage over other teams became irrelevant.  This would have continued as new better teams started forming around them, and the players on that roster obviously knew this hence the team disbanding.

I don't agree with much you post, usually because of how you go about it. 

But, This^.

All 4 are great players individually, but as a team they peaked.  They would honestly do better playing roles to fill out other squads.  Granted getting 2nd is still damn good, but like he said^, with how things were looking this was inevitable.  

Cratos is a very thoughtful, humble and intelligent human being. Can we please stop hating him now?

no
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Didn't DIG ruin your career (goose) hence why you haven't played since?

I wouldn't let a single game against one of the best teams in Europe at the time affect my mentality towards a game. You must have me confused with someone who just attended their first LAN.  :simms: 

Not that you care but naturally I kept playing after Gfinity and after DIG lost to Millennium at EMEA we entered the Plantonics cup to then beat Millennium in the tournament. I felt that was a decent time to sit back and take a break. It is only EU Halo after all and there's no massive reason to play until season 2 starts/EU Pro League (unless obviously you want to hit the ground running but the game is broken as can be but that's another issue entirely).

End of the day you got 1 kill against a top team despite you're great individual performances online. Regardless of how confident you were preLAN people could say you indeed choked and couldn't hack the pressure. You did lose to a makeshift team which had Epsilons coach on it who only had about a weeks amount of practice together. Whereas your team (who are all sound fellas might I add) had almost two months practice and shouldn't have lost to anyone bar the only other full team there being Epsilon.

I along with 99% of people in this/the EU community don't care. It's something that happened and it'll get brought up from time to time between now and your last LAN but that's it. It doesn't define you and despite you having one of the worst attitudes I've ever witnessed I know it won't bother you that much. I applaud your efforts as a team and for attending your first LAN event. I'm happy you placed alright and I hope you come back and stick with attending events. That's what community and Halo is all about. The chat was going off in your guys series the most because it was entertaining. People get stick and get teased by good friends never mind team mates.

Don't get salty amigo. It's just the Halo life.  :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 7