CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is the level that the Pro League weekly broadcasts will be at. Excited to see show off the new HUD!!!

I assume you mean in-game stream overlay? Visual variety is key for keeping things fresh between seasons/events. Had the same layout from H2A for way too long. Glad you guys changed it up with HWC, looking forward to more. 

I wish we could have started Saturday and actually "finished" the event. I'd love to see how the four teams that qualified stack up against each other. Also, the format was just weird and the first half of the matches I just couldn't get into it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I almost wish Allegiance didn't make it, just so we could get more Ryanoob commentary. Really enjoyed it.

Still happy for ALG though!

It was an absolute pleasure to get the chance to cast an NA event. I enjoyed it thoroughly and any feedback is more than welcome, I am still learning, improving and know there is still a long way to go. First time ever doing play by play when I was with Mike, needs work for sure but I had so much fun. Congrats to all those who qualified today, hopefully see you all back on the other side for EU Pro league.

Honestly you were the best part of the casting team today. You absolutely killed it, my man. Great work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No problem at all. Social helps tell the overall story.

Broadcast feedback please everyone. This is the level that the Pro League weekly broadcasts will be at. Excited to see show off the new HUD!!!

there was a little bit of screen tearing but besides that everything was silky smooth

i really really appreciate the stat screens (k/d + OBJ) being shown on stream, even if for a split second, because it enables people to grab stats from lan events 

i don't know how possible it would be (since the lan h5 build is different) but theater films from LANs would be epic

the interviews were good stuff, off stream game updates were good

down time was kept to a minimum 

quality stuff as always

bring back ring girls  :kappa:

It was an absolute pleasure to get the chance to cast an NA event. I enjoyed it thoroughly and any feedback is more than welcome, I am still learning, improving and know there is still a long way to go. First time ever doing play by play when I was with Mike, needs work for sure but I had so much fun. Congrats to all those who qualified today, hopefully see you all back on the other side for EU Pro league.

<3

you did fantastic, i knew you would be amazing because i watched that LAN you did with goldenboy and i was instantly impressed

the team beyond twitch chat was showing you lots of love too

• Upvote (+1) 1

My biggest complaints for you were regarding pronunciation of player names.  Hearing Gabrielle (short a, emphasis on last syllable) and Moonyezz (A random E summoned from the depths of hell) for an entire 7 game series was really frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 15

My biggest complaints for you were regarding pronunciation of player names.  Hearing Gabrielle (short a, emphasis on last syllable) and Moonyezz (A random E summoned from the depths of hell) for an entire 7 game series was really frustrating.

Seriously? You're nitpicking pronunciation and accents from a guy who hails from a different continent?

How do you feel about Simms?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

No problem at all. Social helps tell the overall story.

Broadcast feedback please everyone. This is the level that the Pro League weekly broadcasts will be at. Excited to see show off the new HUD!!!

interviews were fine

the schedule was terrible.

the stream was grainy, and crackling a lot during pool b. Also there were random black screen blinks

Seriously? You're nitpicking pronunciation and accents from a guy who hails from a different continent?

There's a big difference between hearing

"Gabriel" with a British accent versus hearing the completely separate name "Gabrielle."

And I've never heard any accent that pronounces their long O sounds as a short E sound.

I know South Africans pronounce "set" more like "sit" and there are other random vowel bastardizations with accents, but oh->eh is definitely not one I've heard before.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I wish we could have started Saturday and actually "finished" the event. I'd love to see how the four teams that qualified stack up against each other. Also, the format was just weird and the first half of the matches I just couldn't get into it.

there was nothing to finish. It wouldnt make any sense to continue tourney that way, as they would be playing with nothing at stake. you'll see how they stack up in pro league

GB sometimes talked about how someone's accuracy was x% in the beginning on the game, or they done x amount of damage in the middle of the game,

Where are these stats coming from?

I dunno, we've managed to stick around for a while :P

#bigsorry

why do you do this to me

127.gif

There's a big difference between hearing

"Gabriel" with a British accent versus hearing the completely separate name "Gabrielle."

And I've never heard any accent that pronounces their long O sounds as a short E sound.

I know South Africans pronounce "set" more like "sit" and there are other random vowel bastardizations with accents, but oh->eh is definitely not one I've heard before.

The Gabriel thing I blame being an Arsenal fan and their CB is pronounced that way. It's frustrating for myself believe me and I hate not knowing the correct way, I was trying to pick up off Mike or Alex but sometimes in the moment you revert to whatever sounds right in your head. I love feedback such as this and will be sure to work on it for my next cast.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hair game on point.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo teams don't need coaches or analysts, they need psychologists.

I'm sure the pros would be inclined to agree for the lazer meds prescriptions. 

Hair game on point.

Goldenboy was hot and bothered all stream long. 

Halo teams don't need coaches or analysts, they need psychologists.

hecz needs to cut the check for elumnite.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1