CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Shshshs don't burst their bubble, suspector is the second coming of jesus.

Says more to me about the rest of the team than Suspector to me. No doubt in my mind that Suspector and Commonly are top-tier players in this game, and I seriously doubt they have been the issue. At this point I'd almost rather see EG split up so RoyBox and Snipedown can find a place where they fit better and have a chance of taking out CLG.

It's a really fascinating lesson in team-composition and chemistry where EG seems to consistently be worth less than the sum of its parts (besides an X-games that might have been one the greatest performances out of the twins since the Reach godsquad).

I think the new Allegiance squad is going to be damn good. They are all incredible players (especially at this game).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think his issues are with his mechanical skill at all. Kid never misses ever and his movement is still good.

The thing I've preached to him is that his playstyle needs to be adjusted to be faster. That's a hard thing to change, and takes time and work.

Gotta fuck up a lot to realize what does and doesn't work.

I still cry at night because that original Envy in Halo 5 didn't work out for you guys as you were my 3 favorite players and the wizard. Brb I need a tissue
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Benching isnt a new thing in esports lol.

Also community need to stop always goin on witch hunts without knowing wtf actually happened.

Not really a Denial fan but they have treatee their Gears and Smite teams really well and have had those longer than their Halo teams. 

Their cod teams were treated well too tbh.

Maybe.....just maybe.....this time its on the players? Weird thought huh

BAN theM   :apg:

Are we still doing these?   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Says more to me about the rest of the team than Suspector to me. No doubt in my mind that Suspector and Commonly are top-tier players in this game, and I seriously doubt they have been the issue. At this point I'd almost rather see EG split up so RoyBox and Snipedown can find a place where they fit better and have a chance of taking out CLG.

It's a really fascinating lesson in team-composition and chemistry where EG seems to consistently be worth less than the sum of its parts (besides an X-games that might have been one the greatest performances out of the twins since the Reach godsquad.

You are reading way too much into a team's first scrim together. Furthermore, they were playing a team that looks extremely stacked on paper, and beat them. 

Why would you break up a trio that won seven straight events and never placed below top 3 together in any double elimination tournament? Why do you assume EG is performing less than the sum of its parts when they win virtually every scrim against any team not named CLG?

Their series loss against RNG was really bad, and they haven't looked close to CLG on LAN since X-Games, but you have to expect adversity at some point. Plus, Commonly simply wasn't anywhere close to the caliber of Lethul, who is an all time great. The problem isn't the core three on EG, the problem is that they haven't been able to replace Lethul yet, and it may be impossible to replace him with players not on CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BAN theM    :apg:

Are we still doing these?    :kappa:

It just won't die.

Let it die.

Of course it was funny in the beginning.

Very much so.

Everything is different now.

It has to stop.

Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Also, I fixed my PC.

Not gonna promise I stream a lot, but here and there maybe xD

Dimly lit basement, cigarettes, and 90's R&B or riot.  :puckett:

But seriously congrats on quitting smoking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic Naded rumors.

Unlegit and El Town called W0uld an idiot in a very harsh manner.  To be fair his post(s) was/were/are 99% incomprehensible.

Igs Cubanex and Whiteocean have proven time and time again that IQ tests should be mandatory for internet usage

Traaaap conveyed an opinion in a post without sounding like a dick.  

Mikwen said he was sorry about the stuff that happened with Ninja and Renegades before regionals and explained what went down.  Things were upvoted.

Contra and Dev got timed out by Denial.  Denial doesn't actually seem to be in the wrong.(IMO)  They wanted to ditch Huke and nobody else involved wanted that.  Shirtless CEO tweet was posted.  Eyes and imaginations were scarred.  Bubu said roster announcement will be coming today.

mediaBrute coming through with the dankness.

like 3 pages of just terrible, terrible puns about the Denial situation.

Play by play coverage of a scrim between the newly formed EG and ALG squads.  EG won the series by a game.

and the normal speculative this and that of roster musical chairs amidst memedankery.

Good times. 

This was absolutely excellent. Thank you!

• Upvote (+1) 2

People have personality clashes all the time in every other work environment       

If something is working, then you put your ego/personal distaste for someone aside and continue to work.   

That's the biggest difference between actual professionals and Esports players, especially Halo.

These players think "Oh we didn't win the tournament, time to blow it up".  At some point, these players need to recognize that winning all the tournaments, or even 1 major money tournament is very unlikely.  The best thing they could do for themselves is find the squad that gives them the best chance to CONSISTENTLY place high and make as much money as possible, because this is a job.  

Take RNG for example, if those players were really smart, they would've stayed together, realizing that they have a very good squad who can compete in the top 8 and possibly be a consistent top 4 team.  The amount of money they could make every year, coupled with the rest of them actually getting on the stream grind and put out real, consistent YouTube content.  These kids need to realize that they have a real opportunity to make this a career, but if they decide to do that, this needs to be approached as such.  Realizing that they're not going to be Nadeshot over night and work every day at putting out new content.

These kids need to recognize that the success they are having right now isn't going to last forever, seize the opportunity while they can!  

This. At some point players have to place a higher value on continuity and chemistry and less on immediate satisfaction. Idk I mean when I was grinding 8-10 hours a day in H3 I always preferred having teammates I knew were willing to put in the same level of intensity and work opposed to the flashy players who were slightly more skilled but weren't willing to build the teamwork. I think if more teams worked at sticking together and grinding through some of the lows, they would find more success. Obviously sometimes if it isn't working it isn't working though.

But what do I know I'm a 25 year old college senior who found my way back to halo again and still dreams playing video games for a fucking career

• Upvote (+1) 2

But what do I know I'm a 25 year old college senior who found my way back to halo again and still dreams playing video games for a fucking career

regular jobs may not be as much fun but there's a lot to be said for stability and having enough money to do whatever you want, whenever you want. 

assuming you can find a job. i hope you can find a job man.

Plus being financially stable on your own does wonders for your mental game. People telling me how brain dead I am at halo doesn't bother me at all now. :kappa:  

• Upvote (+1) 2

it may be impossible to replace him with players not on CLG.

This was more or less my point. The closest thing out there to Lethul is probably Victory X, and I'd say that is a pretty big drop (unless he's playing out of his mind like he did at worlds).

I've been rooting for the twins since 08, and I would like to see them win another tournament in Halo 5, but I don't see that happening with the way CLG is playing and how close the rest of the teams are.

• Downvote (-1) 1

This is actually remarkable timing.

Thought I'd load up Mikwen's stream page...

FtHrrad.png

YNCUUMv.png

just reminded me. stream or not, still showing support

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was more or less my point. The closest thing out there to Lethul is probably Victory X, and I'd say that is a pretty big drop (unless he's playing out of his mind like he did at worlds).

I've been rooting for the twins since 08, and I would like to see them win another tournament in Halo 5, but I don't see that happening with the way CLG is playing and how close the rest of the teams are.

I think their best bet was to pick up one of the best overall players available and hope that he brings a new dynamic to the team. Trying to replace Lethul is futile. I think Sus was a good pickup and probably the best choice, but there are certainly arguments for some others as well. 

Good luck to you in terms of the twins winning another event. I am a 2GRE fanboy so I can sympathize. I like CLG though so I really don't mind seeing them dominate. 

Mikwen, Pistola, Roy, Lunchbox, Arkanum and Commonly got their verification on twitter today. Congrats my homies!

Its funny that the top Halo streamers (Ninja and Naded) aren't verified, their time will come.

Penguin & Rain

Devon & Contra

2 stranded duo's, maybe they should join up...just a thought!

The original Noble roster. Still wonder how they would have done.

OGRE2 just tweeted: Tom Duncan

:intel:  :ghost:

or nothing...

Tim Duncan is one of the oldest players in the NBA currently.  Could be a nod to that.

• Upvote (+1) 4