CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I actually like goldenboy as a caster. He seems pretty decent,  at least relative to the other casters. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

BY FAR the sickest ninja  I've ever seen. It's not like he was being chased.... He was looking at ninja, jump, turned, thrusted, and ninja'd...... Shit was planned from the moment he saw Ninja there.... The fact the he was facing Ninja to begin with blows my mind.... I am crying tears of joy that I was able to witness that...

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm not really sure how copyright works but I'm pretty sure Ninja has to give Naded the rights to his gamertag after that.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I actually like goldenboy as a caster. He seems pretty decent,  at least relative to the other casters. 

Relative to other casters doesn't mean shit considering who we have in Halo.  

I'm just hoping T2 decides to cast and Simms is able to attend more NA events.  

Sigh, I can't stand this kind of self pity.

GB you're a good caster, everyone gets criticism. The thing is 90% of the other casters have been very close to the Halo Pro scene for a long time, so its obvious people will be biased to them.

Someone just posted a follow up tweet but I was going to say I don't think that has anything to do with it. It's more his schedule if anything. He commentates various games for a while now I wouldn't be surprised if you see him pop up elsewhere.

In regards to the numerous complaints about the casters, it must be hard to try to improve and look for feedback and see a bunch of witty one liners that offer no feedback. I've watched a good amount today and sure there are slip-ups but I was expecting some of the worst casting even just based of what I was reading here. It really didn't seem so bad.

Personally I would really like to see Goldenboy stay with Halo and at this point I feel like he's solidified as a Halo caster. If there's an event I pretty much expect to see him, simms, walshy, bravo etc. It will be weird to not have him in some capacity at an event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personally I think GB has been great today, better than Side. Gaskin really good though, EU casters are > in Halo right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You hate to see it RNG fam.

CxyFlVQ.gif

For some reason when this loads on my phone it freezes right as Naded melees. It's like the exact moment of shitting on is fossilized for me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Goldenboy is my favorite castor tonight. Seems like Strongside is having trouble for some reason.

I'm not really sure how copyright works but I'm pretty sure Ninja has to give Naded the rights to his gamertag after that.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

suspector is not in frosty's tier at all. frosty is in a world of his own

I never said they were? I said that Naded and Suspector are neck and neck, while Frosty is the clear number 1, when it comes to movement. 

I've got OG taking this, but haven't seen too much of E6 since PAX.  OG has gotten a lot better since then so let's see what E6 can do. 

Weird that they are putting Optic vs E6 first, is Denial RNG gonna be off stream?

Why does ESL have an aversion to individual face cams?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I actually like goldenboy as a caster. He seems pretty decent, at least relative to the other casters.

The casting this event has been really bad though. Not funny or entertaining, just bad.

Strongside's brain is literally melting on stream, and Goldenboy's casting has been mailed in. How can GB do worse casting h5 and do a better job casting a Gears 4 showcase?

• Downvote (-1) 2

Can Ninja rebrand to "Ninja'd"

I guarantee you when he gets home, he will make a tag or change his name to something like "Ninjad"; something similar to what he did when he went -12 and made a tag called NegTwelveNinja (or something like that).  :kappa:

I think the casting on that Ninja Ninja play is exactly the type of thing they need to work on. "OH, I saw that happening so I switched over, who was that on? who was that on? I have no idea"

http://oddshot.tv/shot/halo-2016050911319719

What a hype killer. Like Pierre Mcguire levels of hype killing.

Compare that to this call from last month's CSGO Major: 

"The jumping double from Cold! What is going on right now? How does he do this! He just saved Luminosity with the (?) play, UNTHINKABLE scenes there"

The caster lets the moment breathe and hypes it up with "oh shit" statements instead of bogging it down in the moment with analysis or other unnecessary  commentary. And I'm sure later on they broke the play down and analyzed, no need to do anything more than hype while in the moment though.

(starts at ~14 second mark)

Disclaimer: I'm a rando who has no casting experience so take my opinion with a grain of salt -- it's just what feels right. Also, this only pertains "hype" moments rather than casting lower-intensity moments (which is the majority of casting, I'd presume). Even still. 

• Upvote (+1) 2