CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It feels so good knowing your favorite team will for sure be competing in the pro league.  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Once casters realize they don't have to talk the entire time they will become good casters.

We need more play by play and less analysis during the match itself
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lowkey being put on tilt by this guys accent. "heych sea ess"

HEYch sea ess

• Upvote (+1) 2

Calling it now goldenboy, says he is going to quit casting halo again after more criticism comes his way

The dude needs to acknowledge he is doing some shit wrong, this is the second tournament in a row he has shed players in a bad light, apg is clearly injured and he is blatantly ignoring it 

no he isnt. We all know APG is messed up, but what do you want him to say? "Well apg is concussed, so NV should walk away with this."

They've been bringing up the accident all day. They know he's hurt

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, special treat today, you guys get to see me say something I don't say often.

I was wrong about what Puckett rockets are.

We need more Puckett in our halo lives

• Upvote (+1) 6

Lowkey being put on tilt by this guys accent. "heych sea ess"

HEYch sea ess

Sounds like "Hate CS" to me.  Like he genuinely dislikes Counterstrike  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, special treat today, you guys get to see me say something I don't say often.

What on Gods green Earth did you think they were?

• Upvote (+1) 4

What on Gods green Earth did you think they were?

I thought they were specifically rockets that damaged the user.  Not just missed rockets / teammate splashers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ecstatic that nV qualified. I'd be shocked if Liquid doesn't make it through the LCQ

• Upvote (+1) 1

Once casters realize they don't have to talk the entire time they will become good casters.

And they also don't have to have a response to EVERYTHING the other caster says. 

Caster 1 says: "A really did a nice job with B"

Caster 2: "Totally agree and what I really like about it is blah blah blah"

1: "Oh great point but you know maybe we're both wrong TOP KEK"

Like, have they ever watched another esport/sporting event? You don't have to have a constant back and forth conversation as commentators. The play-by-play denotes the key events as they are happening, and the analyst tells you why those key plays were or were not good. And maybe some slight back and forth conversation here and there. I know it's easier said than done but after numerous events these guys should be improving.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol h4 kid :kappa:

<3

• Upvote (+1) 3

I thought they were specifically rockets that damaged the user.  Not just missed rockets / teammate splashers.

Ah that's a fair mistake then, understandable considering probably 80% of puckett rockets are SD's.

Reach kid

:lxthul: 

Also, congrats to Nv and ALG well deserved, TL needs to keep up the grind and make sure they get a LCQ spot.

I think that pool was anti-climactic/not hype because after the first series we knew how it was going to play out. TL was clearly out of whack and the only thing in the air was would Nv beat them again or ALG.

Ninja right now

CIy0F_eUwAAktw1.jpg

Why does he keep shaving his head again?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja right now

CIy0F_eUwAAktw1.jpg

Totally forgot Ninja was on family feud. Does anyone know if his episode is available online anywhere?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Another example of pros critiquing casters is SC2, where it probably happens the most out of all the games I've seen given the number of pros and the high number of casters there has been.

SC2 players are always calling out casters, probably more so than in other games because of all the nuances that the pros have to master that get butchered by caster explanation/oversight. Hell, ROOT even ran a feature where a number of top pros from different teams ranked and critiqued casters and a couple of the weaker ones were respectfully called out for not being knowledgeable enough about the game. Some casters responded well to the criticism though; for example, Total Biscuit improved leaps and bounds as a caster over the course of his first year.

And that's just SC2, pros from just about every game critique there casters. whether they say good or bad things. It'd be unfair to deny Halo players a chance for feedback.

Also, I'm not saying specifically goldenboy. I couldn't tag strongside and everyone else, and I know goldenboy would be the most likely to see it. I've never said much about casters but it's just annoying for 3 series straight them stressing the same thing sounding confused about stats and bringing up things like "wow apg not doing well, 39% accuracy too" (WHICH IS A WHOLE DIFF TOPIC, ACCURACY IS TRASH). It's just annoying after 3 hours I guess. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

one of the few times where i feel lucky to be on the west coast when it comes to watching any type of event. 

• Upvote (+1) 1