CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not particularly related to the Pro League, but what are your opinions on H2 Carbon? Just because Gandhi said he is getting back into Halo, and I wasn't around then, so was he actually any good in his prime? My mate said if Carbon had replaced him they could have properly competed with Final Boss for more than 5 tournaments. Also what was the reason for a whole bunch of first and second place finishes to then often coming fourth or lower at the end of H2 and start of H3?

Gandhi was, conservatively, a top 15 player in H2. They placed low in H3 because Ghandi and Karma weren't as good in H3 (for various reasons).

Not particularly related to the Pro League, but what are your opinions on H2 Carbon? Just because Gandhi said he is getting back into Halo, and I wasn't around then, so was he actually any good in his prime? My mate said if Carbon had replaced him they could have properly competed with Final Boss for more than 5 tournaments. Also what was the reason for a whole bunch of first and second place finishes to then often coming fourth or lower at the end of H2 and start of H3?

Gandhi mainslayed against the ogres/strongside/legit/neighbor/naded in their prime successfully. He was pretty good. Towards the end of h2 he started to not play as much and it showed.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They gotta chill with the players looking like they are about to battle in Pokemon Stadium.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jimbos my hero

Not only my favorite EU pro but one of my favorite in the world

• Upvote (+1) 4

Jimbos my hero

Not only my favorite EU pro but one of my favorite in the world

He likes you too

1FdpMsY.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Crossing my fingers that Observer mode gets more details today. Maybe we'll get it in memories of reach.

My prediction for this weekend.

FNOtnzf.png

Theme: Coaches are important.

Group 1

- WB Semis: Denial with Towey coaching beats an E6 that had a disappointing showing on LAN at PAX East.

- WB Semis: Optic with Flamesword coaching prove the online series was not a fluke. LANiac wasnt even at the online qualifier.

- LB Semis: Renegades gets angry and use that hot fire to beat up on E6. E6 goes 0-2 on LAN for the 2nd LAN in a row.

- WB Finals: The inexperience that Towey has with the Denial members finally shows through, and they lose a close series vs Optic.

- LB Finals: Renegades starts series strong, but they blow a big lead in Game 3, start tilting, and lose the series.

Group 2

- WB Semis: Allegiance shows the skill gap difference over Soul Red.

- WB Semis: EnVy with Elumnite coaching step it up and fix the mistakes they made in the online series vs Liquid.

- LB Semis: Liquid dominates Soul Red harder than Allegiance did. Spartan goes off with passion.

- WB Finals: EnVy and Allegiance go back and forth in a very close series. Ola does some wizard stuff in Game 7 to pull out the series.

- LB Finals: Liquid on a rampage and Allegiance worn out from a long 7-game series with EnVy have trouble recovering, Liquid win in 6.

I really disagree with this, I don't think coaches matter hardly at all, and I think Denial is going to get crushed this weekend.  If I'm wrong, that's fine, I'll accept that, but I really don't see Denial doing well.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The dude is a monster. @@Jimbo with the textbook plays. Making it look easy.

combatevolved.gif

I lost it when I saw that sequence. The instant kill right after grabbing them was epic.

• Upvote (+1) 1