CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If only I had the skills to embed it haha, maybe there's an art to it after all.

Just right click on the image, open image in new tab, and then post it on here, like this;

giphy.gif

Voila.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm ready for this tournament to start so I don't have keep reading this exhausted debate!

Slightly off topic, but he does reporting for ESPN. Opinion?

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are examples of bold flanks like ogre 2 in game 11 pit slayer against dynasty in the second to last halo 3 tournament that would not be possible without radar. Not only was that a thrilling moment for spectators, but it also took balls and intelligence to make a decisive flank on a map that was notorious for going to standoffs.

Anyone got a link to this?

Happy Pro league day my Beyond Dudes!

I'll be casting the EU qualifiers over at twitch.tv/onsethalo for those interested with my man @@Jaws - Starts at 5pm BST!

Then ill be getting a halogasm over the US qualfiers. This wont be streamed. Too messy.

Good luck to my main man @@Gaskin today, go well brother!

• Upvote (+1) 9

Flank happens at 10:05

Thanks man I edited that in to my post. Also edited it to say that that play would not be possible WITH radar.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thanks man I edited that in to my post. Also edited it to say that that play would not be possible WITH radar.

Great moves by the Goat ;) But here's something to think about, Imagine how many less ninja assassinations there'd be with no radar... It's too easy with radar and Spartan abilities :/ And no radar would make Maniac feel the safest he's been in a LONG time! Poor Guy :/ the Back of his head must hurt....
  • Upvote (+1) 3

This game has a HUGE skillgap regardless of how many people think crouching/AR's are nooby dooby. CLG proves that time and time again.

The rest of your argument has been addressed by myself and others in this thread but I just wanted to talk about this point really quickly.

Complexity dominated Black Ops 2 after picking up Clayster

Complexity/EG dominated a large part of Ghosts before falling apart in large part due to dedication/attitude issues

OG dominated a large amount of online and LAN tournaments in AW

OG has dominated online scrims and online tournaments in BO3 and won the most recent LAN. The first LAN was said not to count by Rise and the second LAN had widespread controller issues

All of these teams probably had more dominance than any team in H3, but would you say that these games have as much of a skillgap as H3?

• Upvote (+1) 1

All of these teams probably had more dominance than any team in H3, but would you say that these games have as much of a skillgap as H3?

No team ever dominated halo 3, it was always contested between two-three teams, the largest wining streak was three in a row.

Now if we are talking halo 2, there was a clear god squad, same in halo 1,reach, halo 4, MCC, and now Halo 5.

There is usually one powerhouse team in any e-sport,  halo 3 was kind of unique game in that regard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When was the last time you've seen an event with 256 teams?

The online qualifier with like 500+ teams..... Honestly I don't want a LAN event with 200 teams that don't have a shot.

#PutNostalgiaAside. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually excited to watch some competitive Halo today. 

I have Allegiance and Envy coming out on top in pool 2; I'm really up in the air about pool 1. I'm just going to go with my gut and say that Optic and Renegades take it. I'm fully aware that E6 is a strong contender, it's just.. Idk.. I just have a good feeling about it.

Halo 5 will ALWAYS have radar, get over it.

This 1000% it is like complaining about sprint at this point, it is a waste of energy and is just annoying to read. 

did I stutter? what was your source for those population numbers? I was genuinely curious.

You're actually going to dispute that H5 has significantly lower population figures than h2/3?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

No team ever dominated halo 3, it was always contested between two-three teams, the largest wining streak was three in a row.

Now if we are talking halo 2, there was a clear god squad, same in halo 1,reach, halo 4, MCC, and now Halo 5.

There is usually one powerhouse team in any e-sport,  halo 3 was kind of unique game in that regard.

That's right. So, what I'm trying to say is that CLG's dominance does not prove in and of itself that H5 has a HUGE skillgap

@@W0uld is TB's equivalent to the 12 y/o who just got xbox live

Today is a huge day for teams. I think everybody would agree there are 6 teams with a real shot at qualifying today.... and two won't. The last chance qualifier is a huge risk. I'm guessing 5 out of the 8 teams we see today end up in the pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Guess who's back

BUMPER JUMPER MASTERRACE GET ON IT YOU SAVAGES

Halo 5 will ALWAYS have radar, get over it.

"Get over it" is a cop-out phrase if I've ever heard one. I mean, I like facilitating a healthy discussion, but I guess not everybody else shares that intention...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Your logic is flawed. We all wish there was a larger player pool, but I think the pro scene is about the same size..in terms of teams with a legit shot to place and compete for 1st. I would say there is probably not a huge difference in the amount of skilled players playing now as there were back then, just a lot less terrible players. And they are all mainly in warzone anyways.

I've watched and played since day 1, and I don't understand the hate Halo 5 is getting. For how completely different it seems on the surface, I think this is the first Halo that has been as fun/felt as competitive as Halo 2 and 3. I think sprinting/clamber/hover(though I wish spartan charge didnt exist) add a lot of complexity to the game play.

I also don't understand the clamoring for no radar, as I don't think it would work well with the extreme difference in verticality/movement this game has compared to Halo 2 and 3.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. That's ok though. This discussion has run its course here for the time being.

That's right. So, what I'm trying to say is that CLG's dominance does not prove in and of itself that H5 has a HUGE skillgap

It is difficult to evaluate that, I do think CLG is absolutely miles ahead of any of there competition, so that illustrates a skill gap is present, it's size is a matter of debate, my personnel belief is that CLG's greatest asset comes from their personalities and communication, but it is also clear they understand the game better than any other team.

I do not think it is possible to quantify this but if you think you can I would be interested to hear it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Reach will ALWAYs have bloom and sprint. Get over it.

That was more of an experiment, Halo's competitive viability had flat lined and 343 wanted to see the impact those changes made, but then again the next game was halo 4 so................

It is difficult to evaluate that, I do think CLG is absolutely miles ahead of any of there competition, so that illustrates a skill gap is present, it's size is a matter of debate, my personnel belief is that CLG's greatest asset comes from their personalities and communication, but it is also clear they understand the game better than any other team also.

I do not think it is possible to quantify this but if you think you can I would be interested to hear it.

I'm not trying to say that H5 doesn't have a skill gap. I'm not even saying that it doesn't have a huge skillgap. I'm just saying that a team dominating a game is not sufficient evidence by itself to prove that a game has a huge skillgap, as shown by my Call of Duty examples.