CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So is apg going still? Can he speak clearly?

Watched coli flag elevate vs rng - randa went 36-12-17  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder what this means for liquid, I mean will APG be in a condition to play, even if it is only stitches in his mouth he will be severe discomfort (you would imagine anyway).

Best wishes brad.

Depends how serious it is I guess, if he needs painkillers then I'm not sure he'd be in a state to play. They can make you pretty loopy. And that's not even taking into account his ability to call out etc.

I think the most important thing here is that from what we've heard it sounds like he's mostly OK. A little battered but nothing super serious which is always a worry when you hear "car accident."

• Upvote (+1) 1

To all the people who seem confused about how CLG is so dominant:

It is a simple case of replacing weak links with strong players.

Royal 2 and Snakebite were the best duo throughout both seasons of H2A.  They were carrying teammates that belonged on an 8th place team (no intended offense to those three guys, they are still great Halo players, but look at where their current teams are ranked), and they were carrying them to 2nd place finishes consistently.  That alone should show you how strong they were.  CLG always had more potential as a team than all of the other teams, EG included, because of their top end talent.  They just had to find two teammates that could contribute to the team and not hold the team back.  When they added Frosty for Cloud, they took a significant step forward.  When they added Lethul for Ogre 2, it was the final step to solidifying them as the best team.

They could have dominated placings throughout H2A if they just had the right teammates.  I kept wondering why they didn't get better teammates after losing over and over again to EG in the finals of tournaments.  But it sounds as if some team offers were going on behind the scenes and players were not accepting their offers.  I remember hearing that they had offered a spot to Pistola and he had declined.  Who knows what other offers were happening behind closed doors.

If you want further evidence of situations like this, just look at the recent scenario with Optic.  They stop playing with a weak link in Flamesword and add a strong player in Str8 Sick.  What happens?  They drastically improve.  More teams should really be trying one spot team changes like these instead of always blowing up their teams and completely changing rosters.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 10

A small reference to Halo on the DreamHack CSGO commentary.

Obligatory  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm no analyst but I think there's a few reasons why:

1. They're confident, know where to go, and mechanically they don't miss. It seems obvious, but if you look at someone like Maniac it seems like half the time he doesn't know where to go in a lot of situations (before some Optic fans crucify me I'm not saying he's bad).

2. Their communication isn't convoluted or overly stressed. They kinda lucked out here, because that's how Lethul, Frosty, and Snakebite call out naturally. Royal 2 is kinda different (ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTE!).  :kappa:

3. They play fast and aggressive. Not dumb agressive though. That's how you play this game IMO, it's not really about holding a set up and waiting.

4. Frostys movement.

I think in order to beat them you need a team that does everything above, just better.

5. Lethul keeps up with the team despite almost always being the player with the most total pistol time / highest % weapon of any player on either team. Kind of incredible when you consider the control CLG has in games which in turn leads to more opportunities to grab 'higher class' weapons.

I disagree that other teams need to do what CLG does but better, you're essentially playing a foot race with someone that has already started 50m ahead and happens to be a world class sprinter. Some players simply won't be able to change their communication patterns to mirror that of CLG and I really don't think it is necessary so long as the information arrives timely and can be processed.

Similarly teams are made of up of players with different skill sets so trying to best someone who has naturally fallen into their role is a fools game. That is to say CLG hasn't found the 'perfect formation' for Halo5, they've just found the formation that works perfectly for them. Lethul has ascended into a God tier 'glue' type player, Frosty plays the game like he thinks he's Nightcrawler whilst the bash brothers (Royal2/Snakebite) style on you statistically even in spite of each other.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope APG is ok, if he cant go does that mean Assault steps in? And if Assault steps in could anyone coach? Maybe like a caster, i would trust goldenboy, or strongside to coach. Side has been watching lots of pro scrims lately, (Or at least he tweets about the scrims).

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 21

@@VinFTW i cant quote you cuz my work laptop is dumb but yeah i can see goldenboy calling out and keeping track of camo/OV times, and telling his team how many players are alive/dead

He's no Elumnite, but wayyyy better than nothing, GoldenBoy also plays halo daily at an onyx level so he understand map pushes and flag routes.Like whether you should pull car or p on truth, or mid,rocket,snipe, on colliseum

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 27

I hope APG is ok, if he cant go does that mean Assault steps in? And if Assault steps in could anyone coach? Maybe like a caster, i would trust goldenboy, or strongside to coach. Side has been watching lots of pro scrims lately, (Or at least he tweets about the scrims).

3yUKPqF.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does anyone have a twitter list with Halo pros/coaches/casters? Always good fun keeping up with them during tourney weekends. I was following one for a while but I think the guy who created it recently deleted his account.

Also - damn that sucks about APG, hope he's alright.

Wasn't sure if there was one already so I decided to make one, still adding people as I find them. 

Can check it here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@mediabrute Im just worried about APG and Liquid, like any sports fan would be. For sure i hope APG is ok and he is going to try his hardest to go tomorrow no doubt. Im trying to offer solutions, what would you do if a soul player was injured?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

idk why you're getting downvoted for this lol

people must have some ass pain 2day 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't have much luck asking on the settings and discussion board, so I'll ask here. Are there any Octagon maps that actually work out there? Ever since the Ghosts of Meridian update, the old ones are not working bc of the spawns.

If not, any good suggestions for a custom game warm up?

Working octagon

CTF Warmup

CTF Warmup gametype

Hopefully those links work.

In other news WTF ARE THOSE  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface: RF0vIfg.png

I see a "7", I thought Cratos was all about the "Six"

In other news WTF ARE THOSE

Nike SB What The Dunks from I believe 2007. Super rare, they didn't make many pairs and they sell for around 2k nowadays.

• Upvote (+1) 4