CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Watched the CLG vs Optic poundage last night. Also recorded the first 11 games if anyone interested in seeing mainly CLG POVs.

You recorded the stream of CLG players that have their rebroadcasts open for anyone to watch?

TnQRX6v.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

Not completely related to Halo, but I saw this on the League sub the other day. Think it came from after the CLG/SKT game.

DjULsie.jpg

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 Have consistently added things to the game that nobody is fucking asking for. People have been asking for fucking party restrictions since day 1, and nothing has changed. I still match kids that I absolutely destroy playing solo, but I get steaked because they are in a team of 4. This crouch change, and the spartan charge change in the last patch just shows how 343 is A) Not listening at all, or B) Completely pig ignorant of the reasoning for these obviously needed changes. Everyday I look at youtube comments on halo videos and I see more and more people saying they're no longing playing the game because of [Prevalent problem that has been in the game since day 1], and it's just sad to see to be honest, because this game has such a massive potential that is being wasted by devs who refuse to show that they are actually competent.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

This crouch change is so irritating. Did anybody ask for an increased crouch movement speed? I thought the general consensus was that we should at least TRY no radar settings, and see how it flows with Halo 5's different gameplay. How is it that we end up with this as a change instead? Why are they encouraging crouching in this game? I really think no radar would make the game so much more fun. People who really master the spartan ability movements would be at a big advantage over people who use radar as a crutch. Guess I'm with Ugug.  :lxthul:

I'm glad that they're adding matchmaking preferences and a new postgame carnage report, but where are the party restrictions? I don't care if I have to wait 5 minutes for a game, as long as the matching is fair. Maybe I'm in the minority, but this is getting kind of silly.

"Crutch" is the perfect word for radar. Players can afford to play with tunnel vision in certain scenarios as long as they periodically check their radar. That is, unless the opponent is crouch-walking up to them, which obviously makes for thrilling and skillful gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 7

about the crouch change the only thing I read when I saw that was "We're upping crouch speed so that the game will hopefully play more like it already did as far as close quarters flanking before we forced you to have radar to begin with." I don't really know why they don't just use a Spartan Ability only radar that's closer to classic radar sizes since it seems like the main argument for having a radar in H5 is the increased movement options and not necessarily that Halo is better with a radar. Seems like an easy way to retain classic jukes/flanks and punish the over use of sprint for the most part. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Radar is still a crutch, no two ways about it

This is known. Pray for no radar boiz

• Upvote (+1) 6

What 343 thinks of @@Ugug's complaining

post-26678-he-doesnt-get-it-gif-ATT-comm

i'd be worried if the people whose first halo game had no descoping and boltshit secondaries agreed with me on how halo should be
  • Upvote (+1) 4

How would they be burnt out? They don't really play that much

they just looked tired of dealing with non lan problems. penguin and commonly last night kept getting mad at connection based things. Also. plaza strongholds in a nightmare for rng for some reason.

You guys just gotta understand radar manipulation......

Press the crouch button, watch radar

I mean, holy shit, I'm overwhelmed by how fucking next level that strat is

why 343 why

• Upvote (+1) 8

One of the benefits of removing radar would be the possible change in the metagame. I could very well see teams challenging CLG, although granted CLG are still further ahead than most of us thought possible. Slayer gametypes would become more interesting and less stand-offish, CTF and SH gametypes could develop further in cool ways, but mostly it would open up routes for particularly sneaky/smart players such as Pistola, RyaNoob, Frosty, Lunchbox etc. Purely from a spectators point of view it would be great, but more importantly I think it is very important for the population of H5 in Arena. I know so many people who either don't play as often or not at all because of things like radar and AR's in "competitive", and for those already dedicated, I believe that most people playing H5 come from or know much about the previous iterations, and would welcome this change warmly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Will Ugug stop radar manipulation until our representatives know what the hell is going on?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just did a mock-bracket, here's what I had:

HyJVjjb.png?1

-XMen are just XMen, pretty much a lock to qualify at this point.

-Warriors/Movement/Dinosaurs it gets a bit trickier, they could all beat each other. Would have to see gametypes before making an accurate judgement.

-Deception get a pretty tough bracket having to play Dinosaurs then one of Movement/Warriors so they are pretty much out, unless something magical happens.

-The rest essentially fill in the gaps in the bracket, would be a massive upset if anyone outside of Xmen, Warriors, Movement or Dinos qualify.

Hoping ESL have a stream prepared for this one although nothings been announced. PS @@Onset and I have near identical predictions, we're so in sync  :fire:

I do reckon that Deception 'horrid name with horrid memories' can possibly shock Dinosaurs but I agree with the top 4.

Hey guys, just letting you know I set up another prediction poll thread for the qualifier tomorrow, if you would like to participate here is the link:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/13339-who-will-qualify-for-the-pro-league-this-sunday/

Thanks to all users who participated in the last one (83 users I think) and those who decide to partake in this one too. 

Optic & Liquid will most likely place #1 in their groups, RNG and nV might place #2, but I can see E6 and/or ALG upset them.

Optic & Liquid will most likely place #1 in their groups, RNG and nV might place #2, but I can see E6 and/or ALG upset them.

I agree with optic but it will close between them and renegades, however I disagree with you regarding Liquid. They are all very skilled players but I just do not see this team working out.

This crouch change is so irritating. Did anybody ask for an increased crouch movement speed? I thought the general consensus was that we should at least TRY no radar settings, and see how it flows with Halo 5's different gameplay. How is it that we end up with this as a change instead? Why are they encouraging crouching in this game? I really think no radar would make the game so much more fun. People who really master the spartan ability movements would be at a big advantage over people who use radar as a crutch. Guess I'm with Ugug.  :lxthul:

I have literally never once heard anyone ask for increased crouch speed. Not one time. I'm certain that their Arena team is just trying to prove that they have a purpose.

Story of 343.

Meanwhile Reddit panics about falcons.

Who are these updates meant for?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have literally never once heard anyone ask for increased crouch speed. Not one time. I'm certain that their Arena team is just trying to prove that they have a purpose.

Story of 343.

I was considering why they would choose that change earlier and I feel like there might be a high chance that they're just trying to avoid outright changing their whole radar game because that would admit being wrong. Obviously that sounds crazy and I want to think better of them than that though so I wouldn't be so quick to just assume that that is definitely whats going on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Story of 343.

The worst part is that since they've made this change as a buff for radar, I am pretty sure that we will never even see Halo 5 tested without radar. Let alone get it taken out. It's really maddening how much potential Halo 5 has yet watch 343 squander it. They've made one of the better Halo games out of the box.

HELP US HELP YOU, QUINN

Story of 343.

The updates are solutions to problems. People say "it sucks i have to be inactive because of radar, just crouch in corner and be noob lelelelle" the developer doesn't automatically go for their proposed solution they will weigh it within their own system of priorities for the game. Just something people have never really got used to in Halo, the developer has a vision (obviously this includes preserving radar in the default game) which they're not just going to scrap at a whim.

EDIT; the proposition to have a 'default game' state in Halo is a classic example people always bring up. The idea that the default game should reflect the small niche community for [reasons] and then people become pissed off when the game became one default experience and that was more in alignment with 'casual Halo' from past experiences that the majority played.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think at this point RNG are just so unpredictable. They fluffed against elevate but in terms of how good theyve shown their best as, you absolutely can't write them off. For all we know they could wipe the floor with their group.

• Upvote (+1) 1