CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It still kind of boggles my mind that no other pro teams even come close to communicating the way CLG does.

CLG doesn't "talk" as much as other teams but they relay information way more efficiently. You'll hear way more slight moments of silence during the game but they don't clutter their communication with things like constantly saying the player's name they're calling out and things like that. Also, it seems like at least Lethul often doesn't call out a player he sees/is shooting if he can kill him; if he doesn't kill him then he calls him out and it really cuts out a lot of excessive communication.

Every other team I watch communicates the exact same way. It's all the same constant barrage of player names and locations with very little discussion of what each player is trying to do or any strategy at all.

I'm really curious if teams have tried to actually change up their communication at all to shift away from the constant jabbering and be more like CLG.

I totally agree with you.

I know teams regularly watch film, but I wonder how often they watch their own rebroadcasts rather than using theater mode and listen to their own communication. I think it could help some of them a lot to just hear themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly I can't believe how much of a better team clg are over everyone else. It's like they are gods amongst men sheesh. It's not even all down to slayinh ability. They just play to perfection as a team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seeing a team in matchmaking against some pros just start teabagging to avoid getting pooped on is hilarious 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good thing we have a team house with 1000 down 1000 up connection!

Your best is better than my worst!

wait what?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Good thing we have a team house with 1000 down 1000 up connection!

I also have a 1000 up & down. Its freaking amazing.

i love watching a tournament where i really can't predict who the top 2 will be

this sunday will be fun, no matter who wins, for viewers who enjoy competitive gaming

i love watching a tournament where i really can't predict who the top 2 will be

this sunday will be fun, no matter who wins, for viewers who enjoy competitive gaming

The tournament won't be finished, pretty lame. Stops after qualifying. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yeah I don't understand having a LAN that isn't even a full tournament. It's not like CSGO where there's 2 LANs a month so having 1 qualifier LAN every few months makes sense.

i wish there was an open tournament before pro league. Kind of sucks not seeing where everyone is on lan to start.

Maniac mic muted vid.

This is hilarious. I watched it form Nick's stream to see why he could so obviously not get it when they repeatedly told him, and most of the time they mentioned it to him he was in the process of calling out and it was pretty hard to hear on his stream. There were a few times though it should have been obvious. Too funny. 

yeah worth. 

How would they be burnt out? They don't really play that much

• Upvote (+1) 5

How would they be burnt out? They don't really play that much

Because of radar and ARs :/

• Upvote (+1) 4

You've just cursed yourself to eternal neg rep. I'm a personal friend of Shifter and we had this discussion today- if you complain about neg rep, he will neg rep you repeatedly

I don't know what's worse, caring about neg reps, or shifters case of caring that people care... :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is there a schedule for this tournament?, when does it start? Who plays who?

I have no idea what's going on with RNG, but I was definitely not expecting them to lose to Elevate, a fairly new team.

Did anyone watch? What were RNGs comms like?

From the Making Memories Halo Community Update:

The last item is a slight increase to movement speed while crouching. This has been increased to allow for crouching to be a more viable choice for players to flank and attack. The speed isn’t drastic, but after months of testing we’ve found it to be the sweet spot.

@@Ugug thinking of you, buddy.  You can get through this.

Thanks for your thoughts man

Also this solution is like trying to patch a bullet hole with a band-aid

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks for your thoughts man

Also this solution is like trying to patch a bullet hole with a band-aid

I don't even mind radar in this game but this patch kind of irritates me.  If I start seeing a bunch of speed crouchers zippin around online I think i'll be tempted to join team Ugug.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Totally woke up this morning thinking the Qualifier was today.

I am now sad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLG is like a boss in Dark Souls, it takes a while of trying before you realize what you need to do to not get shit on

That was a good reality check for OG (where are the Sudds when you need them), shows they still have a lot of work to do. Qualifier on Sunday will be fun

• Upvote (+1) 1