CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is my favorite stat out of Halo5Arena, btw:

9XZSD3R.png

Where, when you add in the fact that CLG only plays 1 set a night ever (and both nV and TL played 2 sets last night), and OpTic dodged CLG wasting an entire night for them, CLG, despite being the clear #1, has scrimmed more nights than every other team other than maybe nV.

If you want to be the best, you have to practice like the best.....

The fact that the top 2 teams having overall losing records in all three game types shows that there is more to it than just volume of practice. I know the stats are skewed from scrimming CLG though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

*This hour on ESPN we bring you inside coverage from NFL team the New England Patriots training camp*

ESPNDot:   Rumors circulating around camp that the Patriots *insert whatever team didn't perform well in last nights scrims* considered trading Tom Brady *insert whatever player we want to over analyze and scapegoat* after he threw an interception in an intersquad scrimmage.  We caught up with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels on the matter:

ESPNDot: "Josh, at what point did you realize Tom was the root of all evil and had to go?"

Josh:  Well Dot, to be frank we didn't go too in depth with the decision.  What it actually came down to was an inebriated fan near the picket fence booing Tom after he had a particularly poor scrimmage.  Now I know what you're thinking, it's just practice why would we even pay any attention to that.  Well, turns out we went back to the STAT sheet and saw that Joey G had actually outperformed Tom by a 10% completion percentage.  HOW could we ignore that?  

ESPNDot: "Years of proven mettle and consistency?"

Josh: *slaps knee* Oh Dot!  The naivety, I used to think as you do.  Let's place less importance on sessions designed solely to improve performance and focus only on the outcome in actual pressure situations.  I think if we would've realized the errors in our ways early on, it's safe to say we never would've lost anything.  Scrims, games, playoffs, hell other teams probably would've just hung it all up.

ESPNDot:  Well there you have it folks, practice is everything. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why are we discussing EG so in depth, I get they lost a scrim, but that is not a shock and horror moment anymore. They are barely practicing in comparison to other teams as they are already qualified, so they have nothing really to play for except their ego, which when you have accomplished as much as they have, I don't think they will care about an online scrim. (as i pointed out those players have alot of other things on their mind apart from halo)

If we want to start discussing teams that are in trouble I suggest looking at Liquid (lost 11-2 to optic) or Allegiance (lost 9-0 to optic) those two teams should be worried not EG.

tells everyone to chill. calls Optic "the Carbon to CLG's Final Boss" :lxthul:

"could be"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Optic scrimming pretty much every night for a while now as opposed to EGs shoddy practice I'm sure made a difference last night.

I'd like to attribute some of that to them being able to relax a little and have fun while playing the game.  Sure they are being serious, but they are having fun playing the game.  And that's REALLY IMPORTANT.  Like, CLG has a lot of fun, they take the games serious, but they joke with each other and have fun.  Its been a long time since I've gone into an EG stream with them scrimming someone and they sounded like they were having a ball playing the game.

And sure scrims are important, but if they keep it together and show up on lan/when it matters in the pro league then online scrims = jack shit.

Do we have Overwatch threads ???

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/7544-overwatch-discussion/

Vin goes up to Jason after EG win an event "Hey LunchBox I'm VinFTW from the forums, IM a BIG EG fan :) could you sign this for me?" Jason- 'No you were the guy who said I should be dropped and I was holding my team back....' Vin- "Wut?"

I haven't seen the whole argument/discussion here so I'm not taking a side but it sounds like you're saying he can't be critical of his favorite team. As a lifelong sports fan I couldn't disagree more with that sentiment. Yes as fans we have no real influence, but saying we can't be critical of our favorite teams issues is nonsense. 

If the Rangers or NYCFC are losing and I see a problem with what they are doing I'll make my concern heard, whether it's in an online forum or on reddit or twitter.

If EG are doing something Vin or any of us dislikes or we think might detrimental to their placings we're going to make ourselves heard.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The biggest issue that EG has is EXPECTATION. Everyone expects them to be as good as they were in H2A(a completely different game) winning 5 LANs in a row, and 1 LAN in H5. Due to the exposure and super high expectations they set, everything is amplified. People criticize the media for over reacting in the traditional professional sports but reading these forums are no different, we are over critical and we over analyze things.

Also we interact with the Halo pros differently than the traditional pro sports. Everyone watches Tom Brady and the Patriots on game day under the lights, not many people were watching him scream at his teammates in practice when they have an off day. We just have more access to the Halo Pros than we would other pros, and we make mountains out of mole hills sometimes... 

BUT on the other hand isn't it entertaining to do so? If we didn't, this wouldn't be the great place it is today.

• Upvote (+1) 2

*This hour on ESPN we bring you inside coverage from NFL team the New England Patriots training camp*

ESPNDot:   Rumors circulating around camp that the Patriots *insert whatever team didn't perform well in last nights scrims* considered trading Tom Brady *insert whatever player we want to over analyze and scapegoat* after he threw an interception in an intersquad scrimmage.  We caught up with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels on the matter:

ESPNDot: "Josh, at what point did you realize Tom was the root of all evil and had to go?"

Josh:  Well Dot, to be frank we didn't go too in depth with the decision.  What it actually came down to was an inebriated fan near the picket fence booing Tom after he had a particularly poor scrimmage.  Now I know what you're thinking, it's just practice why would we even pay any attention to that.  Well, turns out we went back to the STAT sheet and saw that Joey G had actually outperformed Tom by a 10% completion percentage.  HOW could we ignore that?  

ESPNDot: "Years of proven mettle and consistency?"

Josh: *slaps knee* Oh Dot!  The naivety, I used to think as you do.  Let's place less importance on sessions designed solely to improve performance and focus only on the outcome in actual pressure situations.  I think if we would've realized the errors in our ways early on, it's safe to say we never would've lost anything.  Scrims, games, playoffs, hell other teams probably would've just hung it all up.

ESPNDot:  Well there you have it folks, practice is everything. 

I don't how you posted this while I was in the middle of my post. You even used the same team and player as my analogy! WHO ARE YOU!

OT but has anyone from meme team posted your guys matches, from the tournament, I would love to rewatch the series vs Liquid.

Here's the VOD showing the Meme Team tournament matches from my POV (along with my sickly voice). 

2-0'd our 2nd round opponent

0-2'd by Team Liquid in Round 3, but pretty sure we out-teabagged them 13-9 so that's a victory in our books.

https://www.twitch.tv/mikefacekillah/v/64497725

The Team Liquid fun starts at about 26:30.

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 9

I haven't seen the whole argument/discussion here so I'm not taking a side but it sounds like you're saying he can't be critical of his favorite team. As a lifelong sports fan I couldn't disagree more with that sentiment. Yes as fans we have no real influence, but saying we can't be critical of our favorite teams issues is nonsense.

If the Rangers or NYCFC are losing and I see a problem with what they are doing I'll make my concern heard, whether it's in an online forum or on reddit or twitter.

If EG are doing something Vin or any of us dislikes or we think might detrimental to their placings we're going to make ourselves heard.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying anyone who says LunchBox should retire or step down isn't a true RoyBox fan. And it annoys me when fans are loud about there positive opinions when their team is winning. But as soon as their team struggles, even in practice, even though they won the last LAN... That fan then goes on to make extreme opinions on how the Team should be shook up, and players changed. I'm a long time CLG fan, but it annoys me seeing fans of other teams being so inconsistent.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Rewatching the entire liquid vs optic scrim on Ace's youtube channel and god dammit, I gotta admit, I like this team, they just seem to fit together (like a glove), there is no bickering, they joke around, there communication is solid, they discuss strategy after every game, instead of pure silence or bitching (you know who you are). Actually F it they are going in the SIG.

If anyone is curious:

I am a fan of envy's cod and halo team

Cloud 9's cod team (havok is a god)

and well who isn't a fan of CLG at the moment.

Edit: Oh if anyone else is interested in the video I am referring to:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All this chatter about EG should be a good thing for them. They should use this as motivation for them to get better if anything. If they can't practice more often because one or two players on the team have personal obligations outside of gaming that they must fulfill, motivation alone won't be enough to propel them to where they want to be. 

Statement from Paul Radil, owner of Noble Gaming.

Posted this a couple of pages ago in the lost dimension of UK time with Calms reply. One of them being "You're a legitimate scam artist Paul Radil" and refuting a few things that are in there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not saying that, I'm saying anyone who says LunchBox should retire or step down isn't a true RoyBox fan. And it annoys me when fans are loud about there positive opinions when their team is winning. But as soon as their team struggles, even in practice, even though they won the last LAN... That fan then goes on to make extreme opinions on how the Team should be shook up, and players changed. I'm a long time CLG fan, but it annoys me seeing fans of other teams being so inconsistent.

You must be new to any sort of competitive sport.

If you really care about the team you root for, you WILL have extreme opinions lol

I'm the opposite of a fair weather fan. A fair weather fan only cares if they're winning.

I care all the time and it's pretty clear EG is falling behind due to practice.

Idk why you're singling me out, btw, is it because no one likes EG anymore? Plenty of people speak up regarding teams issue during times of struggle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All this chatter about EG should be a good thing for them. They should use this as motivation for them to get better if anything. If they can't practice more often because one or two players on the team have personal obligations outside of gaming that they must fulfill, motivation alone won't be enough to propel them to where they want to be. 

Honest question, do you honestly think pro players care what we the forum members think of there gameplay? 

My gut says No for the most part, I mean maybe some but I gotta think they are in the minority. Hell most don't even participate here.

The reason I feel this way, is simply due to the fact that these guys have reached a status that few here have or ever will do, therefore it must be so easy to dismiss our opinions because we are not on there level. Just like in any other sport, I highly doubt Tom Brady sheds a tear every time bob down the street says he is washed.

Honest question, do you honestly think they care what we the forum members think? 

My gut says No for the most part, I mean maybe some some but I gotta think they are in the minority. Hell most don't even participate.

Some do, some don't. It depends on the topic of the discussion and how realistic the statements are, on these forums. Doesn't matter either way. 

has it been confirmed that pro teams will play 2 matches a week?

i kinda really need to know <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honest question, do you honestly think pro players care what we the forum members think of there gameplay? 

My gut says No for the most part, I mean maybe some but I gotta think they are in the minority. Hell most don't even participate here.

If they are involved in the community I'm sure they see SOME of it, and I gotta imagine its hard not to 'care' at all. I mean if it were me I think it would be hard to fully ignore it. You see Cratos and Lethul jump on here engage.... or troll.

Yes, in that article you linked to Posey (juicyfruit?) the other day
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Posted this a couple of pages ago in the lost dimension of UK time with Calms reply. One of them being "You're a legitimate scam artist Paul Radil" and refuting a few things that are in there.

Yeah, its a mess of a situation. I've talked with a couple of the players involved, the founder of Noble, and another organization owner and all of the claims just sort of hack at the others knees. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they will when the community gets bigger. You consistently see League pros talking about avoiding Reddit for this reason exactly. They might not care about criticism, but its mentally straining seeing people bash you over and over. 

then you need to slide into @@Vivi DM's.

9ffa36820cd5925d96cb6f33ec090cdb50cad55e

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, in that article you linked to Posey (juicyfruit?) the other day

super +rep

i was certain i read it somewhere but i wasn't sure, thank you very much

• Upvote (+1) 1