CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did you just call me a turncoat against EG?

LMFAO. Are you new here?

TJ is my favorite pro, and I like snakebite, I don't "root" for CLG but I dont actively dislike them.

I have faith in them when they practice. Pros have said several times that Roy and Lunch are two of the best players on EG.

The problem isn't skill or "faith" it's literally a time commitment issue and lack of practice.

And link me one post where I said they couldn't do objective in h2a that sounds like nothing id say.

And to be fair, Royal 2 and PJ did whine a lot in h2a, that was a common statement said around here by most people.

You alluded to it...(I'm not going searching for it though)... As a long time fan of CLG from the start of H2A I remember your annoying Bleed Blue posts knocking CLG. I guess you would call them analysis or critic. Just try and be more Loyal. I'm sure Jason lurks the forums and sees your comments... They just need to practice more, that's it. ht1jfGh.gif
  • Downvote (-1) 4

You alluded to it...(I'm not going searching for it though)... As a long time fan of CLG from the start of H2A I remember your annoying Bleed Blue posts knocking CLG. I guess you would call them analysis or critic. Just try and be more Loyal. I'm sure Jason lurks the forums and sees your comments... They just need to practice more, that's it.

"Just try and be more loyal"

Wut

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG losing to Optic in last nights scrim has got to be a huge wake up call for them. The culture of EG needs to change imo and that means 1 of the core 3 players need to be replaced, I know a few people will disagree, but I still think LBX needs to separate from Roy if EG wants to be solidified as a Top 3 team because as of now, I think a well practice ALG, Optic, and RNG(if they don't choke) have a good chance at beating them at a live event. They don't necessarily have to pick up someone as individually skilled as LBX, just someone who approaches the game differently. After every post game after a loss, I never feel as though everyone on EG are on the same page as to why they lost and everyone, except Suspector, throws in their "what we should have done scenarios" that is not agreed upon by everyone most of the time.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG losing to Optic in last nights scrim has got to be a huge wake up call for them. The culture of EG needs to change imo and that means 1 of the core 3 players need to be replaced, I know a few people will disagree, but I still think LBX needs to separate from Roy if EG wants to be solidified as a Top 3 team because as of now, I think a well practice ALG, Optic, and RNG(if they don't choke) have a good chance at beating them at a live event. They don't necessarily have to pick up someone as individually skilled as LBX, just someone who approaches the game differently. After every post game after a loss, I never feel as though everyone on EG are on the same page as to why they lost and everyone, except Suspector, throws in their "what we should have done scenarios" that is never agreed upon by everyone most of the time.

The only person who could ever replace LBX and be an improvement is the Jr. himself.

Won't happen though, even though I think he's not super happy on that squad.

I just don't see what EG can do right now to get back on track to being guaranteed Top 2. I agree with @@VinFTW that the only things they can really do is either practice more (should be occurring more now), or make a radical change. I will go out on a limb and say that if they do not do well in the Pro League, it would not surprise me to see Snipedown leave. If he is that frustrated, it wouldn't come as a huge shocker to see him go to a team that practices on a more consistent basis. At this point, Lunch and Roy seem to be starting the transition out of Halo and into their real life jobs (which I think is great to be honest because there has to be something after Halo). This may not be a popular post or anything, and that's fine, but there is something off with EG. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The only person who could ever replace LBX and be an improvement is the Jr. himself.

Won't happen though, even though I think he's not super happy on that squad.

What are your thoughts on Heinz? I think he would be good replacement. Hypothetically speaking

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't see what EG can do right now to get back on track to being guaranteed Top 2. I agree with @@VinFTW that the only things they can really do is either practice more (should be occurring more now), or make a radical change. I will go out on a limb and say that if they do not do well in the Pro League, it would not surprise me to see Snipedown leave. If he is that frustrated, it wouldn't come as a huge shocker to see him go to a team that practices on a more consistent basis. At this point, Lunch and Roy seem to be starting the transition out of Halo and into their real life jobs (which I think is great to be honest because there has to be something after Halo). This may not be a popular post or anything, and that's fine, but there is something off with EG.

I think Roy has more time left than Lunch, personally Roy is one of the best non CLG players in the game.

And if Snipedown left the only team I can see him going to and being better than EG would be something like... Replacing Ninja on RNG. But idk.

It's a tricky, weird situation and idk what they should do next.

What are your thoughts on Heinz? I think he would be good replacement. Hypothetically speaking

Idk, Heinz is really good but I don't think they need a player like Heinz.

The only person I'd want to see would be Commonly.

I'm sure I'd get hate for saying this but I'd be curious to see an EG team without the twin bickering, from a mentality stand point.

Regardless, they don't necessarily NEED a roster change if they could just practice every day like CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 4

"Just try and be more loyal"

Wut

Vin goes up to Jason after EG win an event "Hey LunchBox I'm VinFTW from the forums, IM a BIG EG fan :) could you sign this for me?" Jason- 'No you were the guy who said I should be dropped and I was holding my team back....' Vin- "Wut?"
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

OT aesthetic request: please stop posting gifs within lines of text, it reduces :dank: by a minimum of 31% every time regardless of gif quality.

thanks for the feedback amigo, but I post on mobile. So there's not a lot I can do about it :/
  • Upvote (+1) 2

thanks for the feedback amigo, but I post on mobile. So there's not a lot I can do about it :/

Fair enough! Just always trying to do what I can to maximize  :dank:   :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe you're not reading the posts correctly or you just don't care, most people aren't saying LBX sucks, he's really really fucking good, the problem is the time commitment compared to other top 4 teams.

Look at the play time in a given week with players on CLG, RNG, and then compare that to LBXs time played. He has a wife and a full time job, it's hard to stay consistent and competitive 100% of the time when you can't put in as much as other top teams.

If he can't commit the he has to step aside, his practice schedule is hindering the other 3 members chances.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Vin goes up to Jason after EG win an event "Hey LunchBox I'm VinFTW from the forums, IM a BIG EG fan :) could you sign this for me?" Jason- 'No you were the guy who said I should be dropped and I was holding my team back....' Vin- "Wut?"

"Should be dropped"

1) he's a top 10 player

2) it's entirely due to time commitment issues, not lack of skill, someone else could dedicate a lot more time

3) this whole conversation would be pointless if EG could commit to a 6-7 day a week practice schedule like CLG, that would go a long way in fixing the issues

4) the roybox twins are a huge reason why I even root for them in the first place, not like I want it to be this way, I still think they could be top 2 if they practiced more/consistently

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fair enough! Just always trying to do what I can to maximize  :dank:   :simms:

OT but has anyone from meme team posted your guys matches, from the tournament, I would love to rewatch the series vs Liquid.

EG is fine. They lost a scrim to Optic - big deal. I have openly been a critic of Optic's potential in the past, but I have to come out and say that they're looking good. Beating EG is a big deal for them. They're actually getting it together.

That being said EG is still a good team. I don't think they need to make a change. These guys have had the mentality that working together as a team and improving yourself as a team is the key to victory. I feel like another change would hurt them.

They just need to practice more. It's not H2A and they're no longer the best team in the game, and that's fine. They're going to lose scrims. They can compete with the best of them, they just have to grind more than ever before. I think if they stick together and work hard with Towey they can establish themselves as a top team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jesus EG practices less than Optic and barely more than Allegiance?

:(

Edit: halo5arena is seriously one of the best Halo websites ever

• Upvote (+1) 5

OT aesthetic request: please stop posting gifs within lines of text, it reduces  :dank: by a minimum of 31% every time regardless of gif quality.

And keep them under like 5mb PLEASE

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is my favorite stat out of Halo5Arena, btw:

9XZSD3R.png

Where, when you add in the fact that CLG only plays 1 set a night ever (and both nV and TL played 2 sets last night), and OpTic dodged CLG wasting an entire night for them, CLG, despite being the clear #1, has scrimmed more nights than every other team other than maybe nV.

If you want to be the best, you have to practice like the best.....

This is what I like about CLG. They're not over confident in their ability. They know they have to practice and they put in the effort to keep that number one spot.

It does suck for people like Lunch who are married and have a career outside of eSports. Maybe one day Halo eSports will be large enough to where being a pro is by itself a sustaining lifestyle. But that's unfortunately not the world we live in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG needs more practice period, period and period.

Period.

• Upvote (+1) 4

EG lost a scrim 8-5 against a team that could be the Carbon to CLG's Final Boss after barely scrimming after PAX. Woe is me, Lunchbox should retire.

Chill guys. EG is still a ridiculously good team, t2-3. I don't see why that's such a terrible thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 3