CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

because the HWC handbook says so

LZbw8y5.jpg

Interesting, seems like a hassle for orgs that do get a cut of winnings. I think the orgs should receive the money then distribute it to their players, but I guess it kind of makes sense with how many garbage orgs are out there. Looking at you Noble.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why would money NOT go straight to the org? It makes complete sense for the money to go to the org.

Because it's not a matter of logistics it's right there in the contract.

Edit - Already answered.

Hey,

If there was a possibility of some fun/less competitive but still Halo tournaments happening soon, what would people want to see?

2v2 and FFA

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get posts like this, when have I ever been unrealistic about EGs ability? You guys are always giving me shit but I feel, besides not being a bandwagon fan, and staying loyal to my team, I've always tried to be realistic.

Have I not been saying EGs practice schedule is trash?

They need to either:

1) Practice every single day like CLG

2) make a roster change

I said it was gonna be a close series and it was. Sometimes you guys can be way too harsh, especially when everyone else does the same excuse making and shit like I do for their team. I just happen to stick with EG, the apparently most hated team on Beyond now that they're not God squad. :/

How close? Well, between two 13 game series, Optic and EG share 13-13 records.

Optic is clearly a top 5 team. I don't feel bad at all about EG losing the second series because if you ignore the stigma surrounding Optic being trash, they're a very good team.

So good that they beat RNG in the last tourney, so it's no surprising to see them win a series against a struggling EG.

Edit; also I'm on vacation, I didn't watch the scrim (or any this week), which is why I didn't post till now

Optic was a newly formed team when they scrimmed EG the first time so that scrim isn't really relevant in my opinion, but if it is than the win RNG had over EG when EG first formed should be just as relevant.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow, you actually changed memes after you posted the original one.

That lack of confidence will get you nowhere. Pathetic.

fuck, I gave it an upvote. now I feel used

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic was a newly formed team when they scrimmed EG the first time so that scrim isn't really relevant in my opinion, but if it is than the win RNG had over EG when EG first formed should be just as relevant.

I'm fairly certain that scrim against Optic came after one of EGs bigger breaks from practice, if that means anything

And at the time the RNG scrim was somewhat relevant, maybe not entirely definitive but at this point I don't think that means much now, it's been too long.

Hence the pros getting impatient for EG and RNG to scrim.

Lunchbox had the best slayer stats at the last LAN, and people are back to saying he should retire... giphy.gif

Stats aren't everything.

Clearly something needs to change with the team, they went from guaranteed top 2 to being in contention for top 5 after worlds.

Either practice needs to be picked up or they should look at making the right move like Str8 Sick was for optic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lunchbox had the best slayer stats at the last LAN, and people are back to saying he should retire... giphy.gif

He didn't play well during this particular scrim... He often was at the very bottom of the stat sheet, and by a wide margin. He didn't play well in the previous scrim either, if I'm not mistaken.

Not saying he should retire, but the team is struggling to hold their #2 status, and if we are looking at places they need to improve, we can't overlook the slump he now appears to be in.

I guess it is still not ok to suggest he isn't doing so well...

Either practice needs to be picked up or they should look at making the right move like Str8 Sick was for optic.

Feel like this is an oversimplification. What other roster move could they reasonably make that would make them better like Str8 Sick to Optic? The improvement Str8 Sick brought with him is not the norm. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Feel like this is an oversimplification. What other roster move could they reasonably make that would make them better like Str8 Sick to Optic? The improvement Str8 Sick brought with him is hardly the norm. 

Would it be a reach for me to say I think the improvement str8 sick brought is unprecedented? I didn't follow the scene for quite a few years so I could easily be missing similar situations, I just can't recall one from 05-09.

Would it be a reach for me to say I think the improvement str8 sick brought is unprecedented? I didn't follow the scene for quite a few years so I could easily be missing similar situations, I just can't recall one from 05-09.

I think CLG adding Lethul is a good comp. I feel like Lethul brought more even improvement considering how dominant CLG is.

Also, Optic's roster was relatively new when Str8 was added. Could be we're seeing his added improvement on top of them establishing chemistry as a newer team and then ascribing all of that improvement to Str8's addition.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Idk what move EG could make, but it's clear they tend to take off more nights of practice than any other top 4 team.

Something needs to change, either practice or roster wise.

When they practiced consistently a few weeks ago they were looking like THE 2nd place team. I haven't seen that since and watching them is getting tiring, frustrating, and old.

Idk what move EG could make, but it's clear they tend to take off more nights of practice than any other top 4 team.

When they practiced consistently a few weeks ago they were looking like THE 2nd place team. I haven't seen that since and watching them is getting tiring, frustrating, and old.

EG is in a difficult situation, If I am not mistaken the only one without commitments outside of halo is Snipedown and possibly Roy.

Lunchbox has a full time job. I think he may be the only pro halo player on the circuit to have a full time job actually.

And Suspector is still in school. (summer break coming though) 

Now lets look at optic, none of them apart from maybe str8 sick (zero clue as to what his situation is) have any real substantial commitments outside of Halo. Sure naded has his son but his profession is gaming, as is ace's and maniac's. The hours these guys can put into the game outweighs that of EG.

EG is in a difficult situation, If I am not mistaken the only one without commits outside of halo is Snipedown and possibly Roy.

Lunchbox has a full time job.

And Suspector is still in school. (summer break coming though)

Now lets look at optic, none of them apart from maybe str8 sick (zero clue as to what his situation is) have any real substantial commitments outside of Halo. Sure naded has his son but his profession is gaming, as is ace's and maniac's. The hours these guys can put into the game outweighs that of EG.

Optic scrimming pretty much every night for a while now as opposed to EGs shoddy practice I'm sure made a difference last night.

Anybody who thinks that won't transfer to LAN just needs to look at the start of the EG vs nV series at Pax. They came out flat because they took two nights off before a LAN...

It's gonna bite them in the ass :/

I know Snipedown has been a bit upset with the lack of practice (then again I'm pretty sure the most recent night off was due to him, but that's rare).

Idk, team worries me.

If you don't have faith in Lunchbox you're not a true EG fan just a turncoat... Just as you use to post against CLG during H2A being the "biggest" EG fan. Always saying Pj and Royal 2 whine all the time and couldn't do Objective.... Yet as soon as they started winning, and Tj joined, there the Greatest thing ever in your eyes. You need to be more loyal and not so mercurial in your opinions... Lunchbox is one of the best players in H5, he's better than Commonly. Try having a little faith in LunchBox's calculations....
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Optic scrimming pretty much every night for a while now as opposed to EGs shoddy practice I'm sure made a difference last night.

Anybody who thinks that won't transfer to LAN just needs to look at the start of the EG vs nV series at Pax. They came out flat because they took two nights off before a LAN...

I know Snipedown has been a bit upset with the lack of practice (then again I'm pretty sure the most recent night off was due to him, but that's rare).

Idk, team worries me.

For the record I don't think you're being unreasonable at all in your assessment of EG. But just as a counterpoint, EG and Optic have both practiced 3/4 days this week.

Having said that I think the scrim from last night (which was a close series by all accounts) says more about Optic's rise than EG falling off

Edit: I meant 4/5* for both

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you don't have faith in Lunchbox you're not a true EG fan just a turncoat... Just as you use to post against CLG during H2A being the "biggest" EG fan. Always saying Pj and Royal 2 whine all the time and couldn't do Objective.... Yet as soon as they started winning, and Tj joined, there the Greatest thing ever in your eyes. You need to be more loyal and not so mercurial in your opinions... Lunchbox is one of the best players in H5, he's better than Commonly. Try having a little faith in LunchBox's calculations....

Did you just call me a turncoat against EG?

LMFAO. Are you new here?

TJ is my favorite pro, and I like snakebite, I don't "root" for CLG but I dont actively dislike them.

I have faith in them when they practice. Pros have said several times that Roy and Lunch are two of the best players on EG.

The problem isn't skill or "faith" it's literally a time commitment issue and lack of practice.

And link me one post where I said they couldn't do objective in h2a that sounds like nothing id say.

And to be fair, Royal 2 and PJ did whine a lot in h2a, that was a common statement said around here by most people.

For the record I don't think you're being unreasonable at all in your assessment of EG. But just as a counterpoint, EG and Optic have both practiced 3/4 days this week.

Having said that I think the scrim from last night (which was a close series by all accounts) says more about Optic's rise than EG falling off

Edit: I meant 4/5* for both

Interesting, thanks for the correction, been on vacation all week so I couldn't really keep track of scrims as well as I thought.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Idk, team worries me.

I understand and if they should place poorly or things don't go right in the pro league I.E worst case scenario they drop outside of the top 4, then they will need to reevaluate their situation and decide if they can commit fully to halo or not, there is no question this team has the ability, it is just a question of do they have the available time/resources to go all in as otherwise this decline will only continue as the longer a game is out, the less teams can rely solely on raw ability. But as it stands EG are sitting pretty as only one of two teams qualified for the pro league and only one of two teams again to have won an event. Sure they have declined steadily since Xgames but they are not in serious jeopardy yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tired of Negative Nancies doubting Lunchbox... Out come the Claws funny-gif-guy-pose-angry-cat.gif

Maybe you're not reading the posts correctly or you just don't care, most people aren't saying LBX sucks, he's really really fucking good, the problem is the time commitment compared to other top 4 teams.

Look at the play time in a given week with players on CLG, RNG, and then compare that to LBXs time played. He has a wife and a full time job, it's hard to stay consistent and competitive 100% of the time when you can't put in as much as other top teams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thoughts:

Naded carried and Maniac played poorly, I guess he'll blame that on breaking in the controller  :holmes:

Optic needs to figure out how to play Rig gametypes lol

Considering E6 and EG both took 4 (I think?) games off CLG, I don't think it's unreasonable to say Optic could take 5, given how hot they've been (not saying they definitely will, just that they could). Obviously an 8-5 series against CLG would be crazy  :prayers:

• Downvote (-1) 1