[Elumnite again]

... have in common...

:simms:

Wizard and Baby Wizard?

Civil War release on Friday though.

The war between CLG and OpTic is actually the plot to Civil War

The war between CLG and OpTic is actually the plot to Civil War

No it's not.  

Edit: This was one of my worst attempts at being funny to date. Please feel free to cast me into the depths of negative rep for it.

Wikipedia: 

In 1991, Hydra operatives in Siberia dispatches the brainwashed Bucky Barnes to intercept an automobile carrying a case of super-soldier serum, and assassinate its occupants.

Approximately one year after Ultron's defeat at the hands of the AvengersSteve RogersNatasha RomanoffSam Wilson, and Wanda Maximoff stop Brock Rumlow from stealing a biological weapon from a lab in Lagos, Nigeria. Wanda attempts to levitate away Rumlow as he detonates a suicide bomb, but the explosion destroys a building, killing several Wakandan relief workers. The international community responds with alarm and distrust of the Avengers.

At the team's headquarters, Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross informs the Avengers that the United Nations is preparing to pass the Sokovia Accords, which will establish an international governing body to oversee and control the Avengers. The team is divided over the accordsTony Starksupports oversight because he feels guilty for creating Ultron, leading to the later destruction in Sokovia, while Rogers is distrustful of governmental agendas and prefers the Avengers to remain free to act on their own.

At a conference in Vienna where the Accords are to be ratified, a bomb kills King T'Chaka of Wakanda. T'Chaka's son T'Challa vows to kill the bomber, whom security footage indicates is Barnes. Over Romanoff's objections, Rogers and Wilson track Barnes to his hideout in Bucharest and attempt to protect him from commandos and T'Challa. Rogers, Wilson, Barnes, and T'Challa are captured. Barnes is soon released by Colonel Helmut Zemo, who uses Hydra's trigger words to question Barnes about the 1991 mission, then sends him on a rampage that allows Rogers and Wilson to escape. Rogers stops Barnes and sneaks him away; when Barnes regains his senses, he explains that Zemo is responsible, and is heading to the Siberian facility where Barnes was held, ostensibly to unfreeze the other Winter Soldiers created with the stolen serum.

Rogers recruits Wanda, Clint Barton, and Scott Lang to help him. Stark convinces Ross to let him bring his renegade comrades in, and assembles Romanoff, T'Challa, James Rhodes, and Vision, as well as young hero Peter Parker. Stark and his team intercept Rogers' team at Leipzig/Halle Airport, resulting in a huge battle, during which Romanoff allows Rogers and Barnes to escape. The rest of Rogers' team is captured, while Rhodes is paralyzed after being inadvertently shot down by Vision. Romanoff reveals to Stark that Barnes was framed by Zemo, then disappears under the threat of being arrested for not operating under the accords.

Stark follows Rogers and Barnes to the Siberian Hydra facility and reconciles with them, unaware that he has been pursued by T'Challa, who had been allowed to leave custody. They discover that the other Winter Soldiers have been killed by Zemo, who then shows footage revealing it was Stark's parents whom Barnes killed in 1991. Enraged to learn that Rogers was aware of this, Stark turns on Barnes. In the resulting fight, Stark blasts off Barnes' robotic arm and Rogers disables Stark's armor. Rogers departs with Barnes and leaves his shield behind. Content that he has achieved his goal of avenging his family's death in the Sokovia attack by destroying the Avengers from within, Zemo attempts suicide, but is stopped by T'Challa, who takes him in.

In the aftermath, Stark provides Rhodes with exoskeletal leg braces that may let him walk again. Rogers breaks his comrades out of detainment and flees to Wakanda, where Barnes chooses to be frozen until a cure for his brainwashing can be found. In a post-credits scene, Parker is recovering from his injuries when his web-shooters project a Spider-Man symbol on his bedroom ceiling.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 13

I wonder what Denial last season...

ISrh5UHhl1HM32cG3SynfI3P4OVMmIMqRNiP8twT

... and EnVy this season...

NzoUdQ0D.jpg

... have in common...

:simms:

That was def a huge factor in them placing so well. Every time it went into an astro listen in you could hear Elumnite organizing the game play, telling players what they should focus on and even calling out for players that were so zoned in. He is the heart of their communication and coordination.

I do believe(might be wrong tho) that Status Quo got their best placing in H3 when T2 coached them for an event. Which goes to show how important a GOOD coach really is. 

Another possible example of coaching having a huge effect is the new Denial this weekend with Towey as their coach, wouldn't be surprised if they place higher than people expect them too. Even though Towey is just with them for this 1 event it will be a good reference in comparing how well they place this weekend with him as their coach and then comparing it to another event when they have a different coach to really measure how effective a GOOD coach really is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Breakout.

A Breakout tournament would be so fun to watch, casual but still competitive. Also a lot of people like it, even though it seems like everyone here doesn't.

EDIT I thought this was better.

a6023-stopitnowsherlock.gif

OR ELSE

I-Will-Fuck-You-Up-GIF-2015.gif?gs=a

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

More 2v2, Snipers, forge-only maps, etc...

All of those are great ideas. If you're thinking of a fun tournament for top 8 teams to do as a promotional things, I think a gauntlet of the older games would be sweet. CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach V7, and Halo 5. But I don't think a format like that would work as an open event.

In terms of other things to try to get others involved. I know BTB used to have a strong online community for tournaments. Octagon 1v1s could be sweet. I'm not a fan of the gametype myself, but I'm sure there's some hardcore Breakout kids who've been waiting for their time in the spotlight.

All of those are great ideas. If you're thinking of a fun tournament for top 8 teams to do as a promotional things, I think a gauntlet of the older games would be sweet. CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach V7, and Halo 5. But I don't think a format like that would work as an open event.

In terms of other things to try to get others involved. I know BTB used to have a strong online community for tournaments. Octagon 1v1s could be sweet. I'm not a fan of the gametype myself, but I'm sure there's some hardcore Breakout kids who've been waiting for their time in the spotlight.

My friends and I play BTB constantly.  When you match up against another team of 8 who know what they're doing, it gets unbelievably intense.  Trying to time weapons and power ups while also trying to control vehicles is a lot of fun.

My friends and I play BTB constantly.  When you match up against another team of 8 who know what they're doing, it gets unbelievably intense.  Trying to time weapons and power ups while also trying to control vehicles is a lot of fun.

BigTeamBattle.net

Tagging @@MATCLAN for progress report on how things are coming to potentially do a tourney/league soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BigTeamBattle.net

Tagging @@MATCLAN for progress report on how things are coming to potentially do a tourney/league soon.

A majority of us used to use BTBnet back in the day.  We've all been playing BTB together since H2/H3.  I know that they're trying to bring back tournament stuff though.

Hey,

If there was a possibility of some fun/less competitive but still Halo tournaments happening soon, what would people want to see?

h1 2v2.  get missingno in the caster booth please.  

Shower thought: what if CLG loses 4 maps on purpose when scrimming to give teams false hope and the stat guys here have a harder time making power rankings because multiple teams won 4 maps against the best team?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love this idea as it will showcase halo's more fun and casual side which might attract new players that were originally deterred by how difficult the regular comps playlist looks.

In all seriousness though I think the most fun variant to watch would be a BTB tournament:

• This community is massive and deserves some attention every now and again
  • It is intense when to8 go against other to8
  • You can include objective gametypes such as assault and CTF add slayer and you have 3 gametypes already
  • There is a large amount of community maps generated in that playlist which gives more exposure to our talented forgers
  • It has a large casual fanbaset, which hopefully if the tournament is successful might get them to start watching more competitive tournaments especially if pro's or notable personalities such as kampy competed.
  • It would showcase our awesome forge mode
  • It would showcase virtually the entire sandbox (343 will be pleased)
  • I think it would be cool, to see pro players try and take on established btb squads who grind that playlist regularly.

If BTB is not possible then I think a regular 4v4 tournament but with a combination of unusual game types aka

• Oddball would replace strongholds number 1
  • Snipers would replace team slayer number 1
  • Griffball or Richochet would replace ctf,
  • Strongholds could be game number 4.
  • Breakout or regular slayer or fiesta or hell even swat could be the game 5

The idea would be to never play the same game type twice in a series, showcase all halo has to offer not just the core three game modes currently being showcased at every tournament. Obviously this would not would be a competitive tournament but it might be fun.

I think that could also be a cool option. it would essentially be a tournament highlighting the more unusual yet fun game  types that halo has.

I think this is a great idea to highlight how much variety halo has. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

new sig 

thumbs up or thumbs down

I cant see who the left pokemon is.