CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyone else wish they did Pool A saturday, and Pool B sunday? The lan starts at 3pm and will probably run until 9 at best. PAX was 4 teams, started at 11:30am, and still went to 4pm

Denial is looking wayyy better tonight. Much better teamwork.

Yeah they were actually pushing together.

Still need to be more aggressive on flags though. Way too passive. Once they get numbers, they should be pushing into the opponent's base. 

@@Nemassist

@@Arkanum

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 teams in the RNG/Optic pool played 3 teams form the nV liquid pool. The Optic, RNG and Denial Pool won 24-8. Ouch. Not looking like these pools are very balanced imo. Not to mention how nV lost a scrim to elevate, a team of players who didn't even qualify. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

nV obviously need to make another change. they've lost pretty handily to everyone in their pool. i'd love if ogre2 managed to qualify over them. that would be so hilarious. 

i think mikwen/ola should split. they've been the core 2 of nV and all the problems nV have had in the past with any version of their team seem to still exist. el town and ola seem the best on the team, mikwen is a great shooter, but he makes really questionable plays too often imo. rayne is a great player, but i honestly haven't seen him play well with this team. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I watched the Ryanoob rebroadcast of the Optic scrim, and man were they tilted at the end of that series. Super low energy and hardly any callouts. A lot of sighs and the occasional "one shot top middle"

Would someone please link me the page on this website which shows the highest repped posts only if it shows it day by day?

If that doesn't exist would someone compile the most repped posts day to day in a post? You can have my measly reps everyday  :lxthul:

Much pages to read  :intensifies:

I honestly think people read scrim results or watch one persons POV on Twitch for a couple of hours and they're master analysts on players and teams exact pros and cons. The narrative of this thread changes so it often it basically proves no one has got a clue what they are talking about. Then there are people calling out pros by their real names and telling them what they should do better. Who are you lol? Theres probably a million variables to actually playing that cancel out all our/your armchair theories and analogies.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What was the final of the RNG v Liquid scrim last night? Fell asleep at RNG 2 1 Liquid

8-5 them

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is there a reason why LanVy tend to do so poorly on scrims?

I don't think that's really the case. If you go back to PAX, they lost to EG twice (2-3 reverse sweep and 2-4 in the finals) and beat the Flamesword OpTic roster 4-0 and Enigma 6 3-0 (who I truly think just had a bad day of play).

Immediately following that, they expectedly lost a scrim to CLG (0-5). Then they lost one to Allegiance, which is the only scrim I would say that was out of character (lost 3-6).

They then beat Denial 9-3 and eLevate 4-1 in two scrimmages after that, then in the online qualifier swept Crowd Control twice (3-0, 4-0) and lost to Liquid once (2-4). Then they closed out the week with a scrim loss to EG 2-8 (which was somewhat expected, given their head-to-head performance against EG at PAX.

The only scrim they've played this week was against Enigma 6, and again if you buy into the "E6 had a bad day at PAX" sentiment, then a 5-10 loss to them makes perfect sense. Also, E6 has won seven of their last nine series against other pro teams, with their two losses being against CLG (4-9, tied for most wins against CLG in a scrim going back to who knows how long ago) and a very close scrim loss against Renegades (6-7).

I think teams like Reality Check are the reason Halo needs to have an AM League. They are one of those teams that are good but just not good enough to play teams like the actual Optic or RNG.

EMMMM................. We do have one!

I honestly think people read scrim results or watch one persons POV on Twitch for a couple of hours and they're master analysts on players and teams exact pros and cons. The narrative of this thread changes so it often it basically proves no one has got a clue what they are talking about. Then there are people calling out pros by their real names and telling them what they should do better. Who are you lol? Theres probably a million variables to actually playing that cancel out all our/your armchair theories and analogies.

Welcome to online forums?
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Welcome to online forums?

Yeah I've been about them for a while and it's probably because pros interact here more often but other forums I use don't do what i specified to the degree it happens here. Especially the whole first name thing, calling someone you don't know (who has an established GT) by their first name while you tell them how to get better at something they do for a living just comes across douchey to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't help that the vast majority of the criticism is so vague that it's useless. Lots of "he needs to make better decisions" or "he's too aggressive/passive" without any concrete examples.

Anyways, here is why I think RNG are like the '97 and '98 Utah Jazz, :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Last Nights Results

Denial (7) vs Soul Red (3)

H2oO54x.png

Liquid (5) vs Renegades (8)

YngyK2j.png
90KNQcV.png

Allegiance (0) vs Optic (9)

v3iNIqM.png

Enigma6 (4) vs CLG (9)

1ZuTL3V.png
aqO3j73.png

• Upvote (+1) 7

You know you've completely been consumed by Halo when you read the map name stronghold in COD but think about the Halo game type instead. Never thought I'd like it this much. Can the LAN please come sooner.

• Upvote (+1) 4

ALG should be embarrassed of themselves for rage quitting. That's not how professionals act.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Greenwall.

Come on Hecz, give me that Naded Optic shirt... my wallet is open.

• Upvote (+1) 1