CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@Commonly just made a huge play on Truth CTF. Threw the flag into their window while one shot right before flag returned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

These Optic fellows are ridiculous.  I'm glad they are having fun.  Whether fighting for second or whatever, hope they keep up this kind of attitude.  

how long do you think a 13 game scrim takes

About 2-3 hours depending on how smoothly it goes.  If you play 2 like people are saying that would make it 4-6. 

"You guys need to watch this show 12 Monkeys."

"I just play halo no time for that."

Is Optic about to catch a Reality Check?

funny thing is they could use one, the way theyve been foolin around in scrims lol

I think teams like Reality Check are the reason Halo needs to have an AM League. They are one of those teams that are good but just not good enough to play teams like the actual Optic or RNG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

About 2-3 hours depending on how smoothly it goes.  If you play 2 like people are saying that would make it 4-6. 

I guess I misread your post and thought you were suggesting that one series takes 4-6 hours, and that playing more than one would be impossible because it would then be "super draining."

I still completely disagree with you though. I know of no other form of competition where you can get away with practicing 2-3 hours a night and being the best. Like, what do you think Olympic athletes do? I'm pretty sure their training is much more draining than playing Halo for a few hours, yet I can promise that they aren't practicing under 20 hours a week. Then you have teams like EG who might play only 4 nights a week. I just don't understand how you can play 12 hours a week and expect to be the best in the world at anything. I feel like a really talented team like EG, RNG, Optic or whoever would improve so much by doing a minimum of two scrims a night 5-6 days a week. If they truly care about winning and beating CLG, as Mikwen suggested, then I think that's the only way they'll ever accomplish it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What rap song is that from?

Any Lil Wayne song after 2008  :kappa:

Pretty sure that the Sudds have cemented themselves as Halo's version of a miniboss.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I guess I misread your post and thought you were suggesting that one series takes 4-6 hours, and that playing more than one would be impossible because it would then be "super draining."

I still completely disagree with you though. I know of no other form of competition where you can get away with practicing 2-3 hours a night and being the best. Like, what do you think Olympic athletes do? I'm pretty sure their training is much more draining than playing Halo for a few hours, yet I can promise that they aren't practicing under 20 hours a week. Then you have teams like EG who might play only 4 nights a week. I just don't understand how you can play 12 hours a week and expect to be the best in the world at anything. I feel like a really talented team like EG, RNG, Optic or whoever would improve so much by doing a minimum of two scrims a night 5-6 days a week. If they truly care about winning and beating CLG, as Mikwen suggested, then I think that's the only way they'll ever accomplish it.

While the draining takes a factor, you also have to take into account the time of day.  They aren't starting until 10 or 11 every evening because that's when the teams get on to scrim.  2 scrims for a total of 4+ hours would leave you past 2 in the morning.  You won't learn a damn thing from the second scrim because it's so late your mind won't take it in.

For the athlete comparison I agree, but they won't be doing 8+ hours of hard physical training in a row.  They would do a couple hours in the morning, rest and eat and do whatever, some more in the afternoon, and then some later.  So while the total is higher, it's spread over 12+ hours (assume 7-7 or 8-8), and they aren't going until 2 in the morning.  If the pros did an afternoon scrim and then a night one maybe, or start at 7-8 instead of 10-11, they could fit 2 in.  

Halo isn't in a good enough spot where players can just play halo 8 hours a day like it's a full time job... because almost all of them either have an actual full time job or go to school. Halo isn't like LoL yet - expecting pros to practice like they are LoL pros is absurd.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2