CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My main gripe (right now at least, mainly the reason I've been trash talking @@Cratos today) has been the fact that I'm actually pretty upset about the teams that have formed for this season.

I genuinely don't believe that most of these teams even slightly believe they're competing for 2nd at this point. The only teams that even remotely seem like they **formed** with the idea that they could possibly win an event were EG, RNG, and Liquid (shocker to some, maybe). Liquid may not be performing to their potential yet, but I believe that those on the team believe that they can take down CLG.

I believe that all the teams WANT to win, but I really doubt most of these lower caliber teams actually think to themselves, late at night as the stare at the ceiling trying to sleep, that they think they can win with these rosters.

Like @@Cratos, what placing do you genuinely believe you're going to achieve this season? Do you think you're going to go into the Playoffs higher than the 3rd seed? The same criticism goes to most of the other teams now. Where does 2gre think he's gonna place with Denial? I get that there's the thrill of competing, but it seems like people have lost the drive to beat the best.

The only team that's not quite top 3 right now but believes they can win is nV, and while I don't believe they'll pull it off (even though it'd be awesome to see), I respect the fact that they think they can win and play like they should be winning.

I realize this is poorly written, but this is a problem that I know can't just be bothering me. There are so many potential teams to be made that could be absolutely amazing, but aren't being made due to reasons unknown. Loyalty among some players to stick together? Lack of drive to win but looking to grab some cash? Or maybe it's just due to how short the offseason was. But god damn do I want this season to be more competitive as it could be, but I just don't see it happening.

And I'm sorry to anyone I offend or irritate with this post. Maybe I just don't see what you guys see in these rosters. But maybe suboptimal teams are what we'll see all season long.

Yeah I honestly think with how much we play my team will compete for first by the time the events happen. I think I got 3 of 6 players outside of CLG that could compete with them
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The comment section of Maniac's halo videos is basically: 1) CoD kids working together to figure out how halo works lmao (strongholds' point system is a tough one for people), and 2) people who don't watch halo but just like Nick as a person 3) people asking "what happened to stellur"

This makes me think that if Maniac did a "Halo for Noobs" type video where he talks about the basics you need to know about halo from a viewership standpoint, that it could do very well view-wise, but also attract more Optic fans to the Halo competitive scene. There seems to be a lot of people out there who are interested, but aren't drawn in because it is inaccessible to them.

procrastinating work rant /over  :uncledrew:

Now if only Maniac knew anything about halo  :kappa:

Ace's face on Princess Fiona sleeping in the Tower in Shrek.

*patiently waits*
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Bringing attention to this

Isn't that how it works if in the contract they take (x)% of event prize money? The other option would be to badger each player to send you their percentage individually.. which seems like a pain? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Isn't that how it works if in the contract they take (x)% of event prize money? The other option would be to badger each player to send you their percentage individually.. which seems like a pain? 

I don't know what the rules were for MLG's event(s) but 343's HWC Handbook stated that HWC Money would be sent DIRECTLY to the players. This might have only been for the finals though.

Edit: I'm and idiot. Move along people.

I know this is off topic, but ill photoshop any request right now

45a9bc388972ec80b418ca8ac4bc0af934739dcb

I want a gif of this with Nadeds Face

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know what the rules were for MLG's event(s) but 343's HWC Handbook stated that HWC Money would be sent DIRECTLY to the players. This might have only been for the finals though.

I am unsure if TO's can even dictate that, since the players are under contract. It would make sense (To me anyways) if organizations received all prize money, took their agreed upon contractual percentage, and then distributed the rest to the players. 

Thats the only way to get your percentage. Now of course the contract would need to stipulate this, and I know some orgs dont even take a percentage of winnings - so at that point it could just go directly to the players.

I am unsure if TO's can even dictate that, since the players are under contract. It would make sense (To me anyways) if organizations received all prize money, took their agreed upon contractual percentage, and then distributed the rest to the players. 

Thats the only way to get your percentage. Now of course the contract would need to stipulate this, and I know some orgs dont even take a percentage of winnings - so at that point it could just go directly to the players.

Well I'm sure the contracts can state that they will require a % of the earnings, but 343/MLG can choose who to send the money to, and if the players hold all of it then its a breach of contract.

Here it is from my POV lol

EyIOu6w.gif

Haha, I thought I was dancing with Nemassist here and then he had shotty...

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I haven't combed through the posts I missed today, but did Lifestyle ever do that explanation video?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I haven't combed through the posts I missed today, but did Lifestyle ever do that explanation video?

Dude's prob gonna bail on that too and disappear til next week then resurface to catch up on more GoT.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How feasible is this to do for grass root events? I'm not tech savvy so I'm not sure how easy this is to set up.

Simple if the organizer knows what he/she is doing/looking for.

I had the venue set up a dedicated internet line just for Halo to avoid any issues. It is possible. 

Ninja knows we've been talking about him. Just went clutch as hell in a 90 to 30 comeback on Rig strongholds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude's prob gonna bail on that too and disappear til next week then resurface to catch up on more GoT.

Obscurity is just a wash away...

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3