CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The only man that can and has saved Ninja from tilting.

JkX7_G8m_400x400.jpg

(Dersky)

Got my new twitch spam

909ada430376ff89c62fc1a7e91dad7e5381b971 Derskitivity 909ada430376ff89c62fc1a7e91dad7e5381b971

• Upvote (+1) 6

Scrimming CLG is the best practice though....

You only become a better player/team by playing people better than you. It's the same in all sports and games.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I am just waiting on our Lord and Savior @@NoobyDooby to grace us with his presence for his nightly post.  :dank:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Everyone should stop scrimming CLG. Other teams will develop, and CLG will stagnate.

This is basic shit guys. If you don't support an intentional attack on competition for the sake of the top team maybe getting beaten sometime in the distant future, then how dare you call yourself a competitive Halo fan.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I am just waiting on our Lord and Savior @@NoobyDooby to grace us with his presence for his nightly post.  :dank:

if my calculations are correct he should surpass 100k rep before the end of this year

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yup. Kind of funny..These are the updates I'll be posting on sunday from our Twitter:

PqEldBK.png

Wait, do you own Soul eSports?

Im slow

I've got a few options of people that I want to bring in for the next Pro Player Spotlight but I'm going to wait and hold off until we see the results of the Burbank Qualifier. I'm going to try and snag one of the players off the teams that qualified for obvious reasons. 

I'd love to get somebody from Optic or Envy, assuming they get through:) 

Interviews with Ola and 2gre at this point in time would be very interesting with the right questions, as they don't put themselves out there much anymore at a critical time in their Halo careers. Someone like Naded, Ace etc. I can already basically see the interview in my head so that's less appealing. Look forward to it either way always a good read.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wait what?

Are people seriously arguing that PROFESSIONAL teams should avoid playing CLG because it may dampen their confidence? Oh god i could rant for pages on end about this topic, as this is a serious flaw with modern society and the everybody is winner or in the interest of fairness philosophy, so I will try and keep this short.

In what world does that logic make sense, "in order to be the best, you have to play the best", "you are only as good as your competition", "wining is teaching", "learning is loosing", do these phrases mean nothing any more. If players are seriously this mentally inept that they cannot overcome a loss then they should just give up as they will never make it. learning to pick yourself up from a defeat is fundamental in every single sport across the world, whether it virtual or not. It is inherent in all competition. Teams will never improve by as much, playing teams of a similar skill level, as they have no need to push the boundaries of what is possible, as they are already within touching distance of success. When you are within touching distance of success  it is about refining your strategy, when you are getting hammered, you are doing something wrong and you need to (1) PAY FUCKING CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT THE OTHER TEAM IS DOING AND (2) MOVE ON and Revamp your your gameplan as your doing something wrong or at least inferior.

This logic is completely counter productive and only favors CLG, as teams will never catch up. If teams are loosing heavily to CLG they are doing something wrong, let us please not kid ourselfs and say CLG'S dominance is solely down to gun skill, which is harder to develop, no their understanding of the game, the chemistry and their mindset is just miles ahead of everyone, very little of it has to do with individual ability. I can't remember what sports personality said it but he said something along the lines of 90% of wining is mental attitude. There are teams with the raw gun skill to match CLG but few with the mental attitude of CLG. So how on earth will that improve if teams do not play them. Can anyone imagine the psychological effect this would would have on teams playing against CLG, teams would be shitting bricks, as they have placed CLG on a massive pedestal, instead of viewing them as just more competition. 

The counter-point is that we're so close to the event itself. Learning to pick yourself up after getting smashed by CLG is a nice lesson to learn but is really necessary to learn it right before the tournament? I would say no, even the most battle hardened teams take a bit of time to bounce back from a harsh loss (harsh being an understatement against CLG, more like helpless) so why put yourself through it right before a tournament?

Again does it really help from a gameplay perspective to have you insides exposed by the most tactically polished / individually talented / coordinated team right before an event? At this point in time I would say no, what you're going into this event with (tactical approach / composition) will already be established. Maybe you talk through a few subtle tweaks but for the most part you want to be warming yourself up individually so that you peak at the event itself.

It is also important to note that teams are facing tier 2 / 3 opponents this event. At this point teams don't have to strive to be the best, they just have to be better than those around them. I don't think any team is legitimately 'scared' to face CLG, it's just about being realistic.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Carlos, man, I'm not trying to make you pull a Gary. I still think you're gonna make Pro League, I just think it's pretty clear that your placings this season are gonna be lower than last season's.

yeah last season the same thing was supposed to happen as well. I don't take anything people say to heart most of you are fans of other teams or don't even watch halo or know much of it. I just like picking people's brains as to why and what their eyes see. I know we played really bad at pax that was only 1 day. If it was liquid rng envy that did bad one day they'd still be a top 4 team lol.

It's funny seeing what some people write like goldenboy coming in here saying denial will make it out with optic rng and us in the pool lol they lost to us 13-0 and lost to soul in scrims. I just like seeing where that kinda logic comes from

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I just like seeing where that kinda logic comes from

It comes from the ............

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

yeah last season the same thing was supposed to happen as well. I don't take anything people say to heart most of you are fans of other teams or don't even watch halo or know much of it. I just like picking people's brains as to why and what their eyes see. I know we played really bad at pax that was only 1 day. If it was liquid rng envy that did bad one day they'd still be a top 4 team lol.

It's funny seeing what some people write like goldenboy coming in here saying denial will make it out with optic rng and us in the pool lol they lost to us 13-0 and lost to soul in scrims. I just like seeing where that kinda logic comes from

While I think that your team is very good and will perform better than most ppl think you still sit here and contradict yourself. You don't want ppl to use your performance from PAX (which prob was a fluke as I expected you guys to do better) in judging how you will place in the future? But then you take scrim scores to prove your point that you should win? Lol you are doing the same thing that you are hating on other people for doing.

We are fans at the end of the day, we invest into this community just as much as you do but in a different way. Everyone is going to have their own opinion and want their team to win that is nothing new. 

Also its not far fetched to say that Denial can win because all that matters in LAN is who shows up and all we can go off so far is PAX where your team underperformed. We haven't seen this Denial team in a LAN setting yet so who knows. 

Go CLG :)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Im slow

No he just works for them.  He is their resident Memelord. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im slow

Nope, but I am part of the organization and work closely with the owner.

Owner= SixTen, former coach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all fairness most of us fans had TL, RNG, and Nv as a top 4 or6 team before they played an event or online qualifier. Most of us had E6 top 8 (I know I did) before Pax and I still do. 

Had to go back and watch @@Nemassist stream to see the greatest rocket kill of all time.

Dude wtf did you do that on purpose. I was mindblown.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Someone needs to post that on here. It is honestly insane. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know what my down/up should be to hold an 8 person "LAN"?

Despite this being OT, I'll give you a quick answer: XBL Recommends 3Mb down 0.5Mb up. So for just 8 Xboxes your minimum should be 24Mb down 4Mb up, but more is definitely recommended. Also if you're hosting an MCC LAN your speed shouldn't matter. If you're trying to do an H5 LAN take some time browsing other forums and make sure you have every xbox on a static IP and Port forward ALL of them for TDP and UDP and have an open NAT. H5 is touchy when it comes to playing on the same internal network.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wish I could take credit for it but nah it was just hit and hope. I didn't think it would get you tbh.

Despite this being OT, I'll give you a quick answer: XBL Recommends 3Mb down 0.5Mb up. So for just 8 Xboxes your minimum should be 24Mb down 4Mb up, but more is definitely recommended. Also if you're hosting an MCC LAN your speed shouldn't matter. If you're trying to do an H5 LAN take some time browsing other forums and make sure you have every xbox on a static IP and Port forward ALL of them for TDP and UDP and have an open NAT. H5 is touchy when it comes to playing on the same internal network.

This is a lot of tech stuff I'm not sure of but me and my friends were together the night of release (there were 4 of us). We were all wired and it was fine, no drops or anything, but we were only playing the campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

half this thread is OT lol. Thank you for a legit response!

Here it is from my POV lol

If it makes you feel better, you would have survived this in Halo 3 because the rocket wouldn't have maintained its frozen rope trajectory.

... I don't know why it would, but still. Quite the bounce.