CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The beyond scrim committee has concluded. The scrims are as follows

Eg vs rng

Optic vs clg

Liquid vs e6

Good luck gentlemen

hell yes

and happy to see goldenboy this weekend.

:wutface:

STRONGLY disagree with everything here besides optic potentially winning their pool

How do you see it going? :lxthul:

-giant graphic-

Very grateful for your graphics and stats work, but they could all use a lot of typography work.

Alignment, color, line spacing, etc. are killing the readability. 

Apologies if this was unwanted criticism, just trying to help out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Very grateful for your graphics and stats work, but they could all use a lot of typography work.

Alignment, color, line spacing, etc. are killing the readability. 

Apologies if this was unwanted criticism, just trying to help out.

I really don't see that at all, to me they are super easy to read - to each his own

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also w0uld and Vin post the weirdest delusional stuff sometimes.

Please, link one post that you consider "delusional" from me. Or anything that's anywhere as delusional as something W0uld says regarding RNG.

If it has to do with Liquid making it into pro league this weekend, then I question your mental state as well :p

I await your response

Also @@LethuL pretty much hit the nail on the head for what will happen this weekend.

I really wonder why so many people discredit liquid... :/

• Upvote (+1) 2

dude your posts today have convinced me you are living in a fantasy world and I would like a detailed explanation on how to get there

people keep telling me that....i just like metaphors!

on commonly's stream he victory, and penguin all said they want to finish out the series. Ninja said he didn't and i guess within that one minute of all of them saying they wanted to continue, he had already typed in the group Skype that he was done and yall had left. kinda hard for me to know whats going on in the skype chat that i just figured out existed, and im still mad that ninja would want to end a scrim early and not finish it out. but they moved on.

other than that..

the whole ninja/kobe thing?

Ninja challenges a lot, Kobe challenged a lot, when Kobe challenged too much he got yelled at, when ninja challenges too much he gets yelled at. When Kobe wins everyone was happy when he loses Sportscenter does a 30 minute video on how he shoots to much. When ninja's team wins everyone was playing great, when they lose ninja gets a lot of the blame, not from his team, but from trolls in the chat. 

i dont think im in a fantasy world, i thought today of all things were pretty grounded lol guess not. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

dude your posts today have convinced me you are living in a fantasy world and I would like a detailed explanation on how to get there

You have to take the second best turn at Albuquerque and then the third last right on your way to Burbank.

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@CyReN

Caster here, think he deserves VIP :p

Done.

Also @ is borked on mobile, that's why it isn't showing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It blows my mind that teams still tilt and argue and yell at each other as much as they do when playing CLG. Like, I just don't get it. Do they really go into the scrim thinking they are going to win a lot of games? CLG forces teams to make poor decisions, lose most of their 1v1's, do things they normally wouldn't do, etc. Teams know this will happen. And yet they still argue and yell at each other when it does. I get that teams want to improve, but tilting your teammates by getting frustrated, arguing, etc, is not the way to go about learning from mistakes and getting better. RNG last night was hard to listen to. Especially Commonly, his attitude is pretty poor tbh. And that's coming from someone who thinks he's probably RNG's best player.

I agree with most of what has been said about Ninja. But I don't really see how anyone who watches RNG regularly could see him as a weak link. He has improved so much in H5. Obviously stats aren't everything, but he's usually at or near the top. Even last night against CLG, where most people here criticized him for tilting hard, he had the best stats on the team: http://halo5arena.com/matchup/905.

Anyways, enough with the negativity. Part of the problem with RNG having so many fans is that when they look good they get over-praised, and when they look bad they get over-criticized. Most teams look terrible against CLG. I still think this RNG squad is really solid and will prove themselves this weekend (hope so at least :smiley: ).

• Upvote (+1) 3

You have to take the second best turn at Albuquerque and then the third last right on your way to Burbank.

post-30772-oh-I-get-it-its-very-clever-g

I know what Kobe did, but ninja sometimes pulls the equivalent of Kobe taking the ball and sprinting down the court without dribbling and getting mad at a travel call.

But when ninja went ok let's call it early, and when hamy said no you can't leave there's only 2 more games he just said "I'm leaving right now" idk how you thought it was us leaving and not them

i see your logic. i was in commonly's stream, and when the first player on your team left i just remember him saying "oook i guess they are done then?" i must not have heard Ninja. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

But when ninja went ok let's call it early, and when hamy said no you can't leave there's only 2 more games he just said "I'm leaving right now" idk how you thought it was us leaving and not them

I stopped watching bc RNG was annoying me but it is strange that Ninja is the one that called it off and Commonly wanted to keep playing. After some of their losses early and mid scrim Commonly kept saying that he was thinking about getting of and that it wasn't worth it if no one was going to try, and it seemed like Ninj wanted to keep playing. Guess they reversed themselves.

The real issue is: how am I going to watch the Halo stream all day on Sunday since its Mother's Day?

I've got a few options of people that I want to bring in for the next Pro Player Spotlight but I'm going to wait and hold off until we see the results of the Burbank Qualifier. I'm going to try and snag one of the players off the teams that qualified for obvious reasons. 

I'd love to get somebody from Optic or Envy, assuming they get through:) 

just to clarify: Ninja is very rarely the one who puts his stream into sub mode, the subs will PM me and im sure they PM other mods asking for it so it's usually 1 of us. Ninj barely reads chat during scrims, the community he has that subs to him and supports him like being able to interact with each other and have fun. I can perfectly understand why they would want sub mode on when the chat turns to terror. It's not about building a backbone or whatever, it's about having a good time and enjoying your night. It's just all about the environment you build up with your community, theres also popular LoL/hearthstone streamers that have the troll chats and others that have the laid back chilled chats

This. 

Also I know I'm late but I wanted to add on to this as well.

99% of the time Ninja isn't the one that puts it in sub mode. As one of his mods, I try to keep the peace as best as possible and it isn't fun to try to moderate the channel when it's that toxic, plus personally I let a lot of things slide. I do enjoy watching the stream because it is Twitch and it's entertainment. It's also quite sad that when the mods do their job, the trolls seem to band together and start a witch hunt against them. I've personally received death threats in whispers before lol. I don't want to deal with that shit when I'm trying to enjoy the stream. 

Ninja is very stream focused and has supporters from multiple games, and as Kory said, the supporters do pm us and ask for sub mode at times. We can't just timeout/ban everyone that is causing a ruckus because that isn't right. And as of a lately we try to shy away from sub mode because it turns people away, but I don't mind the trolls as long as they don't get out of hand. Just remember that every streamer and their streams have different mindsets on how their chats should be. Just keep it cool and the hate towards Ninja to a minimum and the chat will stay off sub mode. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Watch worlds

#cratoseffect

I love how you said it was the event of your life but not only did you drop a breadstick on Championship Sunday with 100,000 people watching, but you were also outshone by Suspector, Naded, AND El Town. Kinda makes you think how well ALG would've done with a better 4th.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't log on for a couple of days, first thing I see is another NINJA tilting discussion.

giphy.gif

Honest to god how many times do we have to have the same argument, it has being 5 years since he went pro. Can we please drop it already. HE IS INCONSISTENT.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1