CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ninja messaged them on skype saying he was done, so that's why they left. It's ok though, live and learn! It won't happen again

i figured it was something like that but wasn't sure, thanks for the clarification as always dood!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

when the forums have now decided that RNG is a broken team but just like two weeks ago they were the next world champs

Hell just two days ago they were power ranked #3.  :lxthul: 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Just want to let you know Kory that in the scrims I've watched where Ninja is possibly on the verge of going off the rails your between game chats and feedback to him seem to be doing wonders. I've heard you call him out a few times and gotten him refocused on the next game. Even in game the times you have told him to slow it down and wait for help have really helped improve his game.

Im sure as a coach you probably dont get it enough, but kudos to you for your role in helping make this RNG team a contender

You have no idea how much this meant to me. Thank you very much for the kind words, I can honestly say I want nothing more than to see my friends succeed

• Upvote (+1) 9

Can everyone stop misspelling Bitchford please.

You have changed since you have came home from Worlds, Mark.

I beat your ass in 1v1 so there is that. #washed

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think the real fault is as much with Ninja's teammates as it is with him. They tilt right along with him, often in spite of Ninja making some clutch individual plays to try and reinvigorate the series. Their postgame analysis is always worthless - the communication is "soo bad" and "nobody is calling out". The whole vibe after a loss is that they have to explain the loss to their own bruised ego. The whole squad should stop asking themselves IF they are good - you have to take that as axiomatic. Start talking about the NEXT game, and about real, CONCRETE strategies. The smaller and nittier grittier, the better. NOT "listen to callouts". Talk about how you're going to rush OS, talk about what CLG usually does in this next gametype, anything besides rationalizing why they lost.

So much this, which is why I said Ninja's not going to change nor does he really need to. Here's a hypothetical: If you replaced Frosty with Ninja would that team really change? I don't think so because Lethul and Snakebite (Mostly Snakebite) anchor that team and never tilt... Lethul will say he's tilted but he's not. If Ninja has a couple of rocks like Snakebite and Lethul to hold the fort down while he goes out and does Ninja things we'd be talking a lot more about how sick he is rather than how unclutch he is. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Really think RNG and Ninja are being over-analyzed here lol.

Joined TB for the Halo discussion, stayed for the psychology degree.

They have the loudest fanboys.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Honestly I think we're seeing that E6 is just a low tier pro league team. They'll battle to get out of 7-8th, which I don't see them even doing. It's clear they're better than AM teams, but I really see Cratos as the downfall of the team. He only seems to turn up when he plays amateur teams (him going off during the Eden TS vs Str8 for example) but he doesn't perform vs big teams and his strats just don't hold up. We'll see if he can prove himself, but I don't think we'll see anything out of him. I use to think the weak link on ALG was Naded, but now I see it was Cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 1

E6 is hard to judge. They have the talent, and they have showed it online. They may have had a rough LAN tournament but the Pro League is online and thats where they excel.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As harsh as some will see this post, it is probably the best one you have made to date. Playing CLG is the best practice you're going to get by far, so when you play them you should make the best of it regardless the circumstances. Also ending a scrim with 2 games left is a bit rude IMO. Always try and finish strong

Smh, you only agree with me after you beat EG in scrims

But seriously I agree 100%, practice is where you get rid of bad habits not create new ones

Liquid will be one of the best tournament teams because they don't shy away from scrimming CLG no matter the scores. The scores, for the players, is not what you get out of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Smh, you only agree with me after you beat EG in scrims

But seriously I agree 100%, practice is where you get rid of bad habits not create new ones

Liquid will be one of the best tournament teams because they don't shy away from scrimming CLG no matter the scores. The scores, for the players, is not what you get out of it.

I agree, Liquid will for sure be Top 8 at the tournament, guaranteed Top 4 in their pool.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really think RNG and Ninja are being over-analyzed here lol. 

Joined TB for the Halo discussion, stayed for the psychology degree.

Ninja has an incredibly polarizing personality and it tends to bleed over into his gameplay and directly effects his entire squad. If Ninj is on, he is a world beater and one of the most frustrating players to go against, which directly equates to RNG looking like world champ material (although I still don't think they'd beat CLG).  But on the other end of the spectrum, if Ninj is tilting making bad decisions, RNG goes in the toilet.

If there was any dynamic worth analyzing about RNG this is near the top of the list.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dan gaskin is casting the summer qualifier! Hype! Enjoyed the hell out of his casting last season.

Also, @@GoldenboyFTW is back<3 was worried he wanted to leave us.

Strongside I'm very meh on, I hope he sticks to analyzing, NOT PbP.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think Ninj just has too much to prove. He knows that there are a lot of haters out there who see him as a streamer first, pro player second, and he wants so badly to be a respected, veteran pro who commands the same gravitas as 2gre, 'Ola, Walshy etc.

There are only a handful of people regarded as highly as those 3. So that's just not going to happen.

There are only a handful of people regarded as highly as those 3. So that's just not going to happen.

Guess we'll have to see  :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 1

yoo how do I sign up for the tourney on may 14-15th

details haven't been released yet but i imagine it will be through ESL's website

So I get to make fun of him for his affliction? 

Yes... 

Let's be real, you would have even without my permission. Be gentle with him.

• Upvote (+1) 4