CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Are you saying you have not been noticing the obvious improvement?

At gun skill and map movement? Yes, because he's been grinding. However, as far as his mentality goes when they're down or things aren't going his way nothing has changed. When this RNG squad was just starting out and screwing around in MM I drank the cool aid because of how Ninja was talking with with Victory and Commonly. He'd make a crazy push by himself and then explain how he probably shouldn't of done that or why he did that and I thought this was a turning point. Turns out he does this when they're winning and he only listens to Commonly (imo which is nothing) when they're winning. I just don't think his mentality will ever change when they're down. I thought Victory would be a rock in this situation given his 20 years of experience but apparently not. Ninja needs some type of teammate who he trusts more than himself when they're down and it would be night and day I  bet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry for my ignorance, but how many teams can qualify for Pro-League at this invitational?

You know the old saying how people never change? When are you guys going to realize this about Ninja? It's not like something is going to click one day over breakfast and he will no longer pop out no shield to try and finish someone off. Love Ninja to death but I try to keep my expectations realistic. 

Did we run TS last night without realizing we're both on TB?

Sorry for my ignorance, but how many teams can qualify for Pro-League at this invitational?

4. The top 2 from each group.

• Upvote (+1) 2

and then 2 more at the LCQ

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ninja just straight out needs to learn how to not be such a loose cannon, not just with plays but his overall decision making. RNG is like a bunch of marbles rolling on the same page, with a tendency to roll off all the time because they can't stick together like the branch of grapes that is CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You know the old saying how people never change? When are you guys going to realize this about Ninja? It's not like something is going to click one day over breakfast and he will no longer pop out no shield to try and finish someone off. Love Ninja to death but I try to keep my expectations realistic. 

idk what you mean, im a little biased, but it is clear he has improved drastically since h2a and the beginning of h5. Yeah his challenging is the same, but his map positioning and movement is 10x better. Why do you think the top two free agents in the game joined Ninja and victory?

i said this a while ago before i was a frequent poster on Team Beyond.

Ninja has series Kobe syndrome. and no that does not mean i think ninja is the greatest of all time. When Kobe Bryant (basketball player) was in his prime, he would shoot and be over aggressive and challenge his opponents at the rim, sometimes in double coverage. Some nights kobe would shoot the ball 40 times ( THATS A LOT) and only make 15 shots, but his team would win and all would be forgiven, but when Kobe would shoot 40 shots and lose which in his prime did not happen often, the media would GRILL him for playing too aggressive. Kobe won 5 championships once he got the right pieces around him.I think Ninja has surrounded himself with the right pieces, and if they stick together have series potential. Ninja has to be so mentally strong being as popular as he is, and i commend him for being able to take all the good with all the bad. I love @@Ninja for his halo ability and his mental toughness when it comes to handling criticism from the entire community when he plays "bad". 

If you stuck around after RNG scrims last night you could hear in their voices that they want to get better not just settle. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

i said this a while ago before i was a frequent poster on Team Beyond.

Ninja has series Kobe syndrome. and no that does not mean i think ninja is the greatest of all time. When Kobe Bryant (basketball player) was in his prime, he would shoot and be over aggressive and challenge his opponents at the rim, sometimes in double coverage. Some nights kobe would shoot the ball 40 times ( THATS A LOT) and only make 15 shots, but his team would win and all would be forgiven, but when Kobe would shoot 40 shots and lose which in his prime did not happen often, the media would GRILL him for playing too aggressive. Kobe won 5 championships once he got the right pieces around him.I think Ninja has surrounded himself with the right pieces, and if they stick together have series potential. Ninja has to be so mentally strong being as popular as he is, and i commend him for being able to take all the good with all the bad. I love @@Ninja for his halo ability and his mental toughness when it comes to handling criticism from the entire community when he plays "bad". 

If you stuck around after RNG scrims last night you could hear in their voices that they want to get better not just settle. 

I'm assuming you're a fan of Ninja's, out of curiosity do you think this is the first team where Ninja is the weak link? Looking back at previous teams it's arguable but right now the community seem so high on Commonly and Penguin and Victory is always solid. Just wondering if, as a fan, you think it's kind of put up or shut up time for Ninj. It sounds like what you're saying here is if Ninja plays well RNG could do serious damage, if not, then they might struggle.

why does it matter to people if he puts his chat in sub mode? I don't get it

Sub-only chats are boring circlejerks where people who give someone $5 think they are better than everyone and shouldn't be used outside of people who get thousands of viewers. If a chat is too "toxic" the mods in the chat should try doing their job instead of just riding the streamer like some tend to do.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm assuming you're a fan of Ninja's, out of curiosity do you think this is the first team where Ninja is the weak link? Looking back at previous teams it's arguable but right now the community seem so high on Commonly and Penguin and Victory is always solid. Just wondering if, as a fan, you think it's kind of put up or shut up time for Ninj. It sounds like what you're saying here is if Ninja plays well RNG could do serious damage, if not, then they might struggle.

im not sure honestly, this made me think so i thank you for that. I can say this. When the team is clicking no one is a weak link, when the team is playing poorly the weak link rotates between two players most of the time. But these are just scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As harsh as some will see this post, it is probably the best one you have made to date. Playing CLG is the best practice you're going to get by far, so when you play them you should make the best of it regardless the circumstances. Also ending a scrim with 2 games left is a bit rude IMO. Always try and finish strong

actually CLG left the scrim early not rng. Ninja was saying he was going to quit but ultimately did not he was going to stay on and play because vic x commonly and peng all said they wanted to finish it out. Maybe someone in CLG was in ninjas stream and heard him talking about not wanting to finish and left early i dont know, but let it be known RNG had every intention after a 3:1 vote to finish it out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13

I think we can all agree that RNG is a solid team, but they need to keep the tilting in check.  If they can do that, they can be a T4 team.  As they are right this very second, I don't see them being a solid T4.  They'll be inconsistent.  If they can keep things together and make sure everyone stays on the same page, they can do well. 

Did we run TS last night without realizing we're both on TB?

Haha yeah we did! We were wrecking too until that Regret slayer against EmergencyStilts made me rethink my life. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

im not sure honestly, this made me think so i thank you for that. I can say this. When the team is clicking no one is a weak link, when the team is playing poorly the weak link rotates between two players most of the time. But these are just scrims.

Sunday will be real interesting. I could see them not dropping a game and taking care of business or I can see them dropping to Optic and E6 and being forced into LCQ.

Haha yeah we did! We were wrecking too until that Regret slayer against EmergencyStilts made me rethink my life. 

Had to go back and watch @@Nemassist stream to see the greatest rocket kill of all time.

just to clarify: Ninja is very rarely the one who puts his stream into sub mode, the subs will PM me and im sure they PM other mods asking for it so it's usually 1 of us. Ninj barely reads chat during scrims, the community he has that subs to him and supports him like being able to interact with each other and have fun. I can perfectly understand why they would want sub mode on when the chat turns to terror. It's not about building a backbone or whatever, it's about having a good time and enjoying your night. It's just all about the environment you build up with your community, theres also popular LoL/hearthstone streamers that have the troll chats and others that have the laid back chilled chats

Ninjasmodsarenazis

• Upvote (+1) 7

Had to go back and watch @@Nemassist stream to see the greatest rocket kill of all time.

Totally forgot about him, I meant to look him up on halotracker (just did and he's pretty sick). How did we beat him on Eden but get stomped so hard on Regret? 

• Upvote (+1) 1