CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think whoever wins game 1 of the RNG/OG match will take the series, especially since it's only a 5 game series.

Also whoever loses the TL/Nv series will probably storm back to make it to Pro League.

I watched the first 8 games of Eg and Clg...I think it's safe to say...that I was Lethal's toughest opponent yesterday.

And...I'm due for an up-vote.

WHO ARE YOU MYSTERY MAN

• Upvote (+1) 6

I could see RNG losing close to optic and then come out flat against e6 and lose as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should totally track Team Deception...  :wink:

You were at the top of the list mate  :simms:

I watched the first 8 games of Eg and Clg...I think it's safe to say...that I was Lethal's toughest opponent yesterday.

ALL HAIL

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He is back.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Fun facts of the day:

APG's "3 event curse" will be broken at this event, when he plays his 4th straight event with Liquid

Pretty sure if RNG beats Denial it'll be Ninja's first ever LAN win over Ogre2

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think whoever wins game 1 of the RNG/OG match will take the series, especially since it's only a 5 game series.

Yeah because thats definitely how it went last time they played in a tourney :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah because thats definitely how it went last time they played in a tourney :kappa:

RNG should stop 100-0ing people on Empire. Everytime they do that they lose the series in dramatic fashion.

• Upvote (+1) 6

wow, thank you very much for this super constructive and helpful feedback

this is going to help tremendously

thanks again, i'd give you a super +rep if that were a thing

I don't remember giving you feedback? :thinking:
  • Upvote (+1) 8

I was kind of basing it off that actually. For the online qualifier OG knew they had a 7 game series to fall back on. In a 5 game series a game 1 win (especially being either sides first win of the whole tourney) could snowball into the TS game two.

What would be sick is one team wins games 1 and 2 and the other wins games 3 and 4 and we get an awesome game 5, like Truth or Eden.

I was kind of basing it off that actually. For the online qualifier OG knew they had a 7 game series to fall back on. In a 5 game series a game 1 win (especially being either sides first win of the whole tourney) could snowball into the TS game two.

What would be sick is one team wins games 1 and 2 and the other wins games 3 and 4 and we get an awesome game 5, like Truth or Eden.

That's a claim that can make sense on paper, but in reality we've seen plenty of series where the team that wins game 1 loses the series. The game type being played for Game 1 is more important than the fact that it's the first game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are any of the eliminated 8 ( elimin8ed  :kappa:  ) teams from last weekend's 16 team online invitational qualifier sticking together?  Are Sentinels with Kampy and Vetoed still a team?  I know there's been some team drama so anyone care to consolidate into one post?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are any of the eliminated 8 ( elimin8ed  :kappa:  ) teams from last weekend's 16 team online invitational qualifier sticking together?  Are Sentinels with Kampy and Vetoed still a team?  I know there's been some team drama so anyone care to consolidate into one post?

Teams were sent an email. They have some time to determine their final rosters before the LCQ, and each team is allowed to make 1 roster change (1 player different from the Invitational). 

• Upvote (+1) 7

If E.G. can't beat CLG this season, do

You expect them to drop suspector or roybox and snipedown part ways?

I would personally love to of seen them pick up ola and be the the old eg before lxthul but I don't know even then if they could take them cause clgs teams work is near flawless

• Upvote (+1) 1

If E.G. can't beat CLG this season, do

You expect them to drop suspector or roybox and snipedown part ways?

I would personally love to of seen them pick up ola and be the the old eg before lxthul but I don't know even then if they could take them cause clgs teams work is near flawless

If they can't establish themselves as the 2nd best team I think we'll see a shakeup
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd be surprised if optic doesnt dominate this lan.  If CLG is a 10, and EG is like an 9, id put optic at 8.5 RIGHT NOW, just based off the last few days.  The scrim with EG definitely showed EG is the better team, but optic kept up for the most part, took some games, lost some games badly, and lost some closer games.  I would say compared to Liquid and RNG based on recent performances, Optic is clearly better. 

How much this will apply to the lan tournament idk, but id be surprised if optic didnt perform like the best team at Burbank

RNG did beat optic in a scrim immediately after the tourney last week.

If they can't establish themselves as the 2nd best team I think we'll see a shakeup

Lunchbox Roy and Snip3down won't and don't want to settle for second best. They have said it multiple times that they want to be seen has the best of the best. If EG continously loses to CLG, I fully expect them to make some changes. Some changes that would not surprise me would be Snip3down leaving or Lunch stepping down from the game due to real life (wife and work) , and Roy maybe following suit or sticking with Snip3down; Suspector would either stick with them as well or part ways. 

Just my 2 cents.