CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think RNG had a really off day. I expect them to make it to pro league, but as of right now. I have them finishing 4/8th in pro league finals. This can change depending on how they perform this weekend.

Has this been mentioned yet?  I know a lot of pros and casual players alike were dissatisfied with the post game stats.  Sorry if already talked about and sorry for off topic.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/memories-of-reach-preview

The release will include updates across the game, including the addition of a new game mode in the form of Infection (a bit more on that today), new controller options, UI updates (including post-game medals and more), new armor, skins, weapons, a new Arena battleground, matchmaking preference options, Forge updates, and much more, including some updates to REQ weapon balance, which we’ll also talk about in today’s blog.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Here you go boys. 4 teams make Pro League. 4 get sent to the Last Chance Qualifier. WHO'S GOING THROUGH?  :weback:  :dank:  :weback:

kWWh7fn.png

Going to make the standard prediction:

RNG OG

Nv  ALG

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pool A is a Nightmare for RNG. They need to practice. So many possibilities. As a new fan of optic and maniac, a current fan of RNG, and a big fan of ogre 2 and bubu dudu, this is exactly what my nightmares are made of.

tumblr_inline_n2gjqaklBq1r9wrin.gif

RNG really need to practice ALL DAY all this week. I keep saying it, team practice is not everything, they need to practice individually as well, specially Ninja and Victory X.

But that H1Z1 grind is important

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Take all this with a grain of salt:

• Layout - inconsistent layout makes it tough to read and digest. I won't read something I have to chew my way through
  • Intro/Outro - For my tastes, I'd like to see an introduction to the series before you jump right in.  What are the storylines and why should I care? All of the stats and shifts in momentum mean so much more when you provide the context.  The intro is where you lay the foundation for why they should care.  The conclusion is where you wrap up the story and leave the audience eager for the next match up
    • Ex. Optic's new team making it to the final round, Flame coaching, a rejuvenated RNG coming of a disappointing Worlds, Hammy helping Ninja tone down the over aggressiveness and stay positive.
  • Story elements in that stat lines - Look at ESPNs recaps.  They aren't just a time based progression of the stat line.  The Intro and conclusion will be the bones of the narrative, but the call backs to the established story lines are the meat.  When Ninja goes hugely positive as a result of changing his style of play that serves the story, and it serves the story when he regresses and goes -7.  The story makes people care about the stats. This will also let you connect one recap to the next as we head into the proleague.  People love to hate the cowboys, Belichick is the devil, eagles fans are jerks, drew brees is an incredible leader.  None of that was established over one game - they are part of the NFL's composite narrative that keeps people invested and interested.

Overall it's a good start, but you need to flesh it out and give people a reason to come back.  I work in online marketing so I deal with this a lot, but when it comes to media, attention is a currency in and of itself - you have to earn it and keep on earning it.  Hope that helps.

wow, thank you very much for this super constructive and helpful feedback

this is going to help tremendously 

thanks again, i'd give you a super +rep if that were a thing

That's two people I've seen say "Alg and nV" over liquid.

Like... Am I taking crazy pills?

Alg and liquid for sure, I think Soul is easily the weakest in B.

As far as A goes, RNG and OG.

I think either enigma 6 or nV will miss pro league. Ultimately I think nV makes it in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alg and liquid for sure, I think nV is easily the weakest in B.

I think either enigma 6 or nV will miss pro league. Ultimately I think nV makes it in.

you think NV is easily weaker than Soul?  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd pay to see this. No one would do it cause they don't want to be the team that lost to drunk CLG

CLG NOT doing things like this is part of why they are the best. Then you have other teams going out and partying cuz some british tool is in town, and skipping scrims the next day...when you are a week away from a qualification tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Liquid got destroyed yesterday by Optic
  • Upvote (+1) 2

you think NV is easily weaker than Soul? :holmes:

Oh shit, forgot about soul lmao.

No I don't. If I had to rank b:

Liquid > ALG > nV > Soul

Liquid got destroyed yesterday by Optic

Scrims though :/
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

nV shows up on LAN. TL hasn't had great scrims recently, except against EG if I remember correctly. Edit: Oops, they made 2nd in the Beyond tourney. My bad. Should be pretty close between those 3 teams though.

And Soul is def. the weakest in B. 

In terms of "pro" teams missing top 8, I think it'll either be E6 or Denial. 

So the top 2 in each group play out for seeding but there will not be a tournament winner? 

:wutface: 

They don't play for seeding (there is nothing to seed into). Winner of Winner's 2 and Loser's 2 qualify for Pro League. 

Same as PAX without the Grand Finals. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Jimbo squad. Great roster, but I really would like to see someone else in place of Snipedrone. Imo he is overrated and the team is already stacked with slayer heavy players. Would love to see more selfless, all-around player taking that spot. Someone like Riotz or Ramirez. U know that unsung hero type of player. Help me who else could fill that spot ?

Also Jimbo mentioned they don't go along too well with Snipe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

#ElumniteFactor

I don't think we're gonna lose to nV, but I am not in any way overlooking them just because Liquid won online in the recent qualifier.

Elumnite's communication as a coach is a huge boon on LAN.

We will be playing tonight as long as there is a team to play us. The world doesn't stop working because it is your birthday xD

Dont worry we already chose optic for you guys

My probably stupid predictions for Sunday. 

Group A - RNG and E6 make it out.  I just have a strange feeling about Optic falling apart.  Hope the Greenwall proves me wrong.

Group B - Liquid and ALG.  I think Liquid is having issues sorting things out right now, but they'll show up on LAN.  ALG I think is a better team than NV, but that Elumnite factor is strong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My probably stupid predictions for Sunday. 

Group A - RNG and E6 make it out.  I just have a strange feeling about Optic falling apart.  Hope the Greenwall proves me wrong.

Group B - Liquid and ALG.  I think Liquid is having issues sorting things out right now, but they'll show up on LAN.  ALG I think is a better team than NV, but that Elumnite factor is strong.

I mean, the entire tournament is a LAN on Sunday, and Naded, well...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2