CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i have literally broken things in real life because of all this horseshit.  its driving me actually insane, like im concerned for my mental health

If any game causes you to literally break your belongings, it's not really the games fault and I would suggest therapy :\.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Optic beat Renegades in a tournament. That is enough justification to put them over in a ranking. There is zero reason to put rng over them right now. Zero

Except every other qualification....?

• Downvote (-1) 3

Basing team rankings off 3 matchups ay? Optic is looking good BUT they've proved much less than liquid and RNG have. They went from not being on the list to being rank 5 that is completely fair imo.

well tbh liquid hasn't proved much either lol, look at scrim results

ton of potential though

No offense, and I say this as a fan of previous ranking articles, but this article is pretty embarrassing :/

Commonly is on both EG and RNG, there are pictures of Suspector on EG from pax you could grab, you have the wrong liquid roster, and this is just from skimming the article.

Thanks for pointing that out. Just going to be honest, I submitted the text of the article with correct rosters and everything. When someone else went in and hyperlinked the rosters and added pictures, they probably copy-pasted from a previous article which is why you see the inaccuracies.

But we'll keep a closer eye on that stuff moving forward. Our bad 100%.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thanks for pointing that out. Just going to be honest, I submitted the text of the article with correct rosters and everything. When someone else went in and hyperlinked the rosters and added pictures, they probably copy-pasted from a previous article which is why you see the inaccuracies.

But we'll keep a closer eye on that stuff moving forward. Our bad 100%.

It's all good, you learn from it.

Love me some power ranking articles so keep em coming!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey memelords, our article editor got super janky. The links should have actually lead to the correct players but the names were for the old rosters. Everything should be fixed now, y'all can get back to fighting over why Enigma6 should be Tier 0 over CLG

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey memelords, our article editor got super janky. The links should have actually lead to the correct players but the names were for the old rosters. Everything should be fixed now, y'all can get back to fighting over why Enigma6 should be Tier 0 over CLG

I can't really find good enough reason to argue against the rankings as they are this time.

I don't feel they're right, but OpTic's success could be credited to Honeymoon Phase and thus have them below RNG/Liquid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't disagree with these power rankings TBH. Though the bottom 3 (nV, ALG, E6) have very LAN-strong players, so they're not far off from 2-5 at all. There's also not a big gap between #2 & #8.

Edit: Also, is this LAN the same format as the online qualifier? Group double elim, but with 2 groups instead of 4? Then Sunday play is for bragging rights / pro league seeds?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't disagree with these power rankings TBH. Though the bottom 3 (nV, ALG, E6) have very LAN-strong players, so they're not far off from 2-5 at all. There's also not a big gap between #2 & #8.

Edit: Also, is this LAN the same format as the online qualifier? Group double elim, but with 2 groups instead of 4? Then Sunday play is for bragging rights / pro league seeds?

I believe it's just the two Group Brackets, Double-Elim for each. The entire event takes place on Sunday so there isn't much room for bragging rights/dead play, just straight competition for Pro League spots.

Also P.S., there is no seeds for a Pro League, everyone plays everyone.

I can't really find good enough reason to argue against the rankings as they are this time.

I don't feel they're right, but OpTic's success could be credited to Honeymoon Phase and thus have them below RNG/Liquid.

Yea honestly this is why it's so hard every time. There is always a rock-paper-scissors scenario of who beat who, so usually it comes down to each power ranker deciding which team is "the real deal" and then using that as the foundation of which wins and losses matter more/less.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember when Overdrive beat Liquid in a tournament? They should have def been ranked over Liquid.

(Just playing devil's advocate)

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

RNG was down 42-47 on Regret Slayer and won 50-48.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Haha. I'll take it as a compliment. You are a cool guy love the stream. Heard you just now asking if I knew what I was doing or it just happened...

...everything I do is calculated.

Lunchbox is that you? :apg:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

CLG is so good at starting strongholds. They go up 50-0 every time it seems like before the other team can get points on the board

• Upvote (+1) 1

rng choked that optic series SO HARD

i've been watching it over and over again, analyzing it

it's hard for me to have confidence in that team going forward, they would be better without victory x

i think optic is better than RNG but the power rankings seem pretty resonable to me

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

EG - CLG scrim coincides with my lunch break. This pleases me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

rng choked that optic series SO HARD

i've been watching it over and over again, analyzing it

it's hard for me to have confidence in that team going forward, they would be better without victory x

i think optic is better than RNG but the power rankings seem pretty resonable to me

I feel like they would not be better without victory x.  Idk what would help them tbh, but i feel like victory is not the problem

EG sounds frustrated, by they aren't yelling at each other aggressively or vindictively. The voices are raised, but they are talking about how to improve instead of just whining.

Good to hear to be honest. CLG are just so good at the moment though.

EDIT: Well aside from that Towey comment lolololol.

Don't even care that the OG v Liquid series is 4-0, the fact that OG has won Rig AND Coli TS has me in shock

also glad we got the hyped/positive Naded today  :sunglasses:

• Upvote (+1) 2