CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well the entire community hit him pretty hard the first time. I am honestly surprised he still lurks.

Honestly, if a player, coach, org owner, developer, etc. that is participating in competitive Halo doesn't follow  :beyond: I don't think they are doing their job very well.

TB brings the core audience, competitive community support, pro player outreach (keep tabs on your players), occasional developer communication, rumors/intel, the dankiest of memes...

I'm going to have to disagree and say paddles make big difference in halo 5. 

I just meant that they aren't going to automatically transform his play style, but he does seem to be slaying better. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Increases audience, promotion, and connects have shown to be very little with how many pros leave their orgs. Almost zero increased audience, very little cross promotion, and no connects.

There was 2 lans this year. That's 2 round trip flights and 6 or 7 days in a hotel. The flights would be around 1000 and the hotels would be around 1000.

Allegiances contract was $1,000 a month for 10% of the prize pool. Allegiance won $500,000. 10% of that is $50,000. One fourth of that is what's taken from an individual player.

So allegiance took $12,500 from you to pay you back $3,000 and saved you around $2,000 on hotels/flights.

Care to explain to me where the other $7,500 becomes remotely worth it? I know Allegiance asked for better cuts and all that, but that's a rough estimate on a contract that's publicly known.

Pretty sure 343 covered it all

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing I've heard is that the SUSPENSION is for a DISCIPLINARY ISSUE. Everything else is just players arguing with Denial and Huke evidently being unhappy with Devon or Contra's practice ethic. Those are separate issues.

I assumed they were connected. At this point I wouldn't be surprised. We are talking about Denial here.

I just meant that they aren't going to automatically transform his play style, but he does seem to be slaying better. 

Oh agreed, I think his biggest issue right now is (I want to punch myself in the dick for saying this) he doesn't use automatics enough.

• Upvote (+1) 5

No offense but the logic is awful. What if your team only won 75k then the org loses money... The point is there is more than just money to an org. Look at Optic for example...

Even if you win 75k, you hardly make out better with the free flights and hotels to the 2 lans a year. Not enough to risk signing contracts and all that stuff, IMO.

Yeah Optics an extreme and very little org's can do what they do. Signing with these smaller orgs is a different story and more people seem to get fucked over than not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously though who are the children posting pictures and making fun of someone's appearance because he did something questionable

Idk, 90% of the internets population.

The only thing I've heard is that the SUSPENSION is for a DISCIPLINARY ISSUE. 

So they should sign a new @@ContrAct? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean its early and we don't know how good Allegiance is, but I'm starting to agree that EG isnt going to be able to just plug in a 4th and become a 1st place team.

Strange, isn't it?

I'm going to have to disagree and say paddles make big difference in halo 5. 

Does OG2 claw still? If so I dont see why they'd make that big a difference for someone thats been clawing for more than a decade.

Oh agreed, I think his biggest issue right now is (I want to punch myself in the dick for saying this) he doesn't use automatics enough.

Thats the sad truth, but I am hoping (fingers crossed) that this isn't an issue by the time that pro league starts. We shall see. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No offense but the logic is awful. What if your team only won 75k then the org loses money... The point is there is more than just money to an org. Look at Optic for example...

Thank God someone else sees the fallacy of his logic.

Strange, isn't it?

You two are overreacting, while I agree the issue doesn't lie SOLELY on the 4th player, it's still WAY too early to be calling in the RIP EG posts.

I firmly believe ALG is one of the best new teams formed and for EG to be tied right now after not playing as much as everybody else since Worlds is not a bad night. 

I feel like I'm in Twitch chat  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does OG2 claw still? If so I dont see why they'd make that big a difference for someone thats been clawing for more than a decade.

Pretty sure he's never clawed.

You two are overreacting, while I agree the issue doesn't lie SOLELY on the 4th player, it's still WAY too early to be calling in the RIP EG posts.

Well yeah, some of the EG players are pretty rusty right now, while the Allegiance roster have been grinding.

But still, picking up the best slayer (not on CLG) in the game does not magically fix the issues and turn EG into a god squad overnight.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hes got old man hands. He complains about them being sore. Not having to claw could be a relief for him.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I firmly believe ALG is one of the best new teams formed and for EG to be tied right now after not playing as much as everybody else since Worlds is not a bad night. 

They are a trio, they should have more chemistry than allegiance, allegiance should have worse coms but appear to have the same if not slightly better. It is not a good sign either way you look at it, especially when snipedown is hosting.

Apologies for awful grammar, I am struggling to stay awake at this point lol

Well yeah, some of the EG players are pretty rusty right now, while the Allegiance roster have been grinding.

But still, picking up the best slayer (not on CLG) in the game does not magically fix the issues and turn EG into a god squad overnight.

I agree, but I don't think anybody, including EG is claiming that. You can already see a change in the way they're playing with Suspector. 

Only once tonight did they catch themselves not rotating and it cost them the game. 

They're playing fairly more aggressive and pushing w/ duos more than usual, except for that Plaza Slayer game, which they got punished for. 

I want EG to be good. I think they have the best shot at challenging CLG. I just don't think shuffling 1 player is going to make a difference. The issues are not the 4th, its the way they play the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thank God someone else sees the fallacy of his logic.

If you followed my points a little better you'd be able to understand it's not purely a money thing and you might have not posted a "+1" response on a forum with rep to do that for you.

The money people get for being on orgs in Halo does not seem to be worth the risk of binding contracts, non negotiable terms, twitter arguements, and money received back.

I fail to see a flaw in my arguement when people leave orgs in Halo more than they stay, and the people that do stick around stay because of the team, not the org.

EG v ALG 

Game 2 

You are better than me. 

Listen here, I have seen several new faces around these forums over the past couple weeks, and a lot of them have racked up a ton of plus rep by announcing they are new and they are happy to be part of this community. And we love those kind of posts around here, we love new people.

Then you come in here, super humble and chill like and don't announce your presence and instead just try to contribute by posting stats. Now I have to go through all five of your posts and give them all plus rep just so you feel welcome here! Gosh, stop being so awesome as a new person.

I hope you enjoy your time here and continue to come back.  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1