CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I missed today. Aside from the Halo stream, which pro's can I watch that don't have their rebroadcasts on sub only? :flip:

Wanna catch the drama. :kappa:

Your situation was my introduction to shady Halo kids

he was part of the shady halo kids xD 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sign him up for the desk Mark, seriously tho thanks for watching guys and a massive shout out to Ryan for taking 3 hours out of his day to spend with me. As ever i appreciate the kind words I've seen reading back through the pages and feedback is always welcome!

@@RyaNoob i love your casting and i think you should stick with it 

great voice, very concise and informative 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Was the Ryanoob/Simms casting on the Halo channel or Simms twitch?

Simms channel. Nothing was on the Halo channel.

From Waypoint:

Plasma Caster update

The intended use case of the Plasma Caster has been “indirect fire”. Shoot around cover, predict enemy movement, etc. And it does fill that role to a degree.

However, the indirect fire from the sticky grenade was pretty much only effective if you get a direct stick. The use case of putting the sticky in a strategic position and letting the cluster grenades rain down on enemies was not working as intended.

The following balance changes will be in effect after Memories of Reach:

Cluster grenades are more effective

Charge shot has less arc

Regular grenade will explode slightly faster after bouncing

Hydra Launcher update

Hydra is filling its role well, with the exception of engaging multiple targets at close range. The splash damage radius was very, very small. Also, the recoil when jumping was not helping players accurately place rockets where they intended.

Recoil has been reduced

Rocket splash damage radius increased

• Upvote (+1) 5

From Waypoint:

Plasma Caster update

The intended use case of the Plasma Caster has been “indirect fire”. Shoot around cover, predict enemy movement, etc. And it does fill that role to a degree.

However, the indirect fire from the sticky grenade was pretty much only effective if you get a direct stick. The use case of putting the sticky in a strategic position and letting the cluster grenades rain down on enemies was not working as intended.

dankCluster grenades are more effective

dankCharge shot has less arc

dankRegular grenade will explode slightly faster after bouncing

Hydra Launcher update

Hydra is filling its role well, with the exception of engaging multiple targets at close range. The splash damage radius was very, very small. Also, the recoil when jumping was not helping players accurately place rockets where they intended.

dankRecoil has been reduced

dankRocket splash damage radius increased

So they changed something that no one asked for them to change, but not a single word about the elephant in the room (autos). Stay classy 343.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

From Waypoint:

Plasma Caster update

Cluster grenades are more effective

Charge shot has less arc

Regular grenade will explode slightly faster after bouncing

Hydra Launcher update

Recoil has been reduced

Rocket splash damage radius increased

Wat. Plasma Caster was fine

I love this new Optic. Halo benefits from a good Optic team. Been a long time Naded fan and love seeing him play well. His objective game is top tier. Also love seeing 2gre front another duo of young guns + Arkanum. 2gre played well today.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So what did I miss today?  Long day working in the salt mines.

Edit:  Damn,call work the salt mines and I get that neg

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So they changed something that no one asked for them to change, but not a single word about the elephant in the room (autos). Stay classy 343.

People have been asking for Plasma Caster buffs... Just not on the competitive scene...

there's a whole other world out there...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not everything is catered to the Pro League. This is for overall balances. You want them to remove autos for everybody? C'mon dude.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not everything is catered to the Pro League.  You want them to remove autos for everybody? C'mon dude.

I want them to remove autos in competitive like it's been for 10+ years. Same with radar. If it's not broken don't fix it. Just my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Man it sure is hard to be a RNG fan some days.

BUT I WON'T GIVE UP ON MY BOYS!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah man autos are skillful. there's a huge amount of skill in knowing when to switch to them. It's like playing a grandmaster in chess when I have to decide how to use my AR. Do I use it at close range or at 500 feet? Hmmmmm. They definitely add a lot of strategy to the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man it sure is hard to be a RNG fan some days.

BUT I WON'T GIVE UP ON MY BOYS!!!!

I mean they qualified. They just got unlucky against Optic. They will bounce back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean they qualified. They just got unlucky against Optic. They will bounce back.

Eh I wouldn't really say they got unlucky.  They got beat straight up, but I don't think that Optic is necessarily better.  But yeah, I would be suprised if they don't come out of Burbank with a Pro League spot.  Speaking of which, is the tournament confirmed to be double elim?

• Upvote (+1) 3