CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't mean any offense or anything by this, it's something I'm genuinely curious if I missed:

Why...does the leak matter? Is there something that needed to be done by ESL before it was officially released? 

Someone please answer this because I feel terrible. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i think if vetoed and kampy dont make it through this time they make a BANGIN team for the last chance or challenger. I usually know the top AM players but dont know much about yoshi and trunks.

If this is not ok, I blame @@AbK    :kappa:

Just realized this lol... :walshy: You should've just posted here not tweeted  :mj: to late now though :lxthul:

Edit: Think of it this way now you get more followers for the... :intel:

So now that the game's meta has evolved, who are the top 5 players for radar skill and AR positional gameplay skill?

1.penguin

2345 CLG.

I suppose I should be flattered that you have the decency to lie to me on a public forum :)

You are a straight savage. In all honesty though, pros should have appreciated what you guys were doing because in the past, they would get the same information at the same time as us. You don't want to ruin a good thing, and while this definitely leaves a bad taste, hopefully it doesn't ruin everything completely. 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Someone please answer this because I feel terrible. 

I don't really see what the issue is besides ruining the release for them haha. 

not sure what i need more... sleep or  :intel:

your body needs sleep... but your heart... what does your heart need

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think if vetoed and kampy dont make it through this time they make a BANGIN team for the last chance or challenger. I usually know the top AM players but dont know much about yoshi and trunks.

yoshi is an FFA guy that plays with Kampy, hes good at FFA and plays on 10 sense, so idk how this is going to work in 4v4.  Trunks is a good AM player to an extent.  Kampy, when i was just playing with them, seemed to be the best on the team by a fair margin

also yoshi wasnt there, i played with trunks, vetoed, and kampy

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just realized this lol... :walshy: You should've just posted here not tweeted  :mj: to late now though :lxthul:

Edit: Think of it this way now you get more followers for the... :intel:

Vivi upvoted the post. I'm taking that as he's ok with it. :\

Im not trying to start anything, but if ESL wanted the players to know maps and gametypes earlier for extra prep, what is wrong with the community knowing maps and gametypes early too?

The girl that just triggered the fire alarm at the EGLx venue and dipped has a special place in hell waiting for her.

I'm assuming this isn't going to change anything for tomorrow?  Just want to make sure before I wake up early only to find out somethings happened. 

Im not trying to start anything, but if ESL wanted the players to know maps and gametypes earlier for extra prep, what is wrong with the community knowing maps and gametypes early too?

My guess is they enjoy having the hype and get to release it themselves.. but what do I know

• Upvote (+1) 2

This - what did I miss? Some players announced what teams they're on already and some didn't, why all the secrecy for some? And the team names and the delay from ESL? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

My guess is they enjoy having the hype and get to release it themselves.. but what do I know

Yeah but people are still going to watch if they were planning on watching in the first place, also teams like Soul and Ambush already announced...

And I doubled down :mj:

Just because what was leaked wasnt something grand doesnt mean its okay for it to be leaked. ESL trusted these competitors and just because we see it as no big deal doesnt make it ok. I personally dont think what was leaked is that big a deal but still would respect the wishes of those who wanted it to be kept private

Exactly. It's not about what was leaked, or why, but that ESL didn't want it out there and now it is. Ruins the relationship

• Upvote (+1) 2

it is extremely irritating to me that teams that didnt even deserve to be at regionals (qualified and never practiced) got invites to this online qualifier just because they were at regionals. Teams that went and didnt even win a series (or more than a few game) do not deserve invites imo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What happens when something actually important gets leaked? Now ESL can't trust these guys with the info. That's the issue.

But hypothetically if all 16 teams had announced it before (which ESL gave them the go-ahead to do, which is why they said they'd delay it by a day) then it would have had the exact same result as this leak. 

I'm going to be honest, don't really understand the outrage. :/

• Upvote (+1) 2