CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm impressed with this roster.  Str8 is a beast and his manner remains consistent even when they start to lose control. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not arguing against that. My only complaint was against Cooper showing up, listing a bunch of shit about how unpopular Halo 5 is, and laying it at the feet of Snakebite to 'fix the game' saying 'look at this, push 343 harder to fix it'.

Honestly I'm not sure why more people aren't getting on the pros for this seeing as 343 seems to atleast somewhat communicate with them.

Optic doing well against a good team. Don't know how to feel anymore. Is this happiness?

How I felt once their CoD team made some changes and starting doing well.  It's a wonderful feeling. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Moses_FPS

Consider this as my bitching that the TexasLANcircle isn't represented in the HCS Council picture. The entire State of Texas is hurt my Avi/official logo wasn't included.

:kappa: great photo btw

• Upvote (+1) 2

Optic WRECKING. I'm happy for them. I like all of its players, so I'm hoping they see success.

9-3 Optic over Liquid with one game left

EDIT: I will now be that noob that asks how to embed a tweet. And maybe un-embed a youtube vid lol.

lol alright. Here's how I got interested in competitive Halo.

The year was 2013. Like I said, I've always been a relatively casual player. But I'll be damned if I don't think I'm one of the greatest casuals of all time! So me and two of my roommates are playing Halo 4 MM (here's proof that I'm not THAT much of a noob: http://twitter.com/generaldamras/status/271507920552853504 ). At some point during that night, the 3 of us got matched with a guy who had a funny GT. First game we played with him he went off. Completely carried us. That was cool with us, so we didn't back out of the lobby after our match ended (back when we had continuous MM lobbies). We played the next game, and he carried us again. And we stayed together. Another game. Another carry. Another win. We just kept winning and winning, and he kept carrying.  I was afraid that this guy would get bored of having us on his team, holding him back, but he never left. We didn't talk to him through game chat, so he was just this silent warrior, wordlessly slaughtering the other team for us. We 3 friends competed for that #2 spot every game. I'm not even exaggerating about this.

So we kept playing we kept winning. I think we played with him for 3 hours, from 1 am to 4 am. It was kind of past our bedtime, but we didn't want to get off because we didn't want to lose the moment, the winning, forever. So I, being our leader, sent him an XBL message: "Hey, it's pretty late for us. How long are you going to keep playing?" I will never forget the response:

"All night." 

His name was bubu dubu. He was 14 years old at the time (I think). And he carried the crap out of us.

A legend was born.

http://twitter.com/generaldamras/status/291483422621302784

If it wasn't for his amazing GT, I probably would've forgotten about him soon after that night. But it's bubu freaking dubu, so that wasn't going to be an issue. I remember looking him up at that time, thinking "yo, this kid gotta be MLG or something." I remember finding this video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9FtX4U5h-8, amazing), but not much else. So, over the next few years, the memories of that night faded, but I always remembered that name. Me and my friends used "bubu dubu-ing" as a verb whenever we went off in Halo. 

Flash forward to a few months ago and I'm on r/Halo. I see a post about the upcoming HWC, and I randomly decide to click on it. It was a beginners guide to the tournament and teams, which is good, because I have no idea what's going on (here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/46k8zi/beginners_guide_to_the_hwc_na_regionals/ ). And then I see it: "Denial – Huke, bubu dubu, Contra, PreDevonator." I must've done a double or a triple take. When I finally accepted that this was the same bubu dubu that had carried us that night 3 years ago, something inside of me changed. Something inside of me said "well, you played with a guy who's now playing for the World Championship, so by the transitive property of playing with random matchmade people online, you are now also playing for the World Championship."

One thing led to the next, and now I'm here.

well, congrats on Bubu Dubu upvoting your post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Moses_FPS

Consider this as my bitching that the TexasLANcircle isn't represented in the HCS Council picture. The entire State of Texas is hurt my Avi/official logo wasn't included.

can confirm texas is pissed (kidding)

Honestly amazing man. But consider this my complaint  :tear:

giphy.gif

P.S. still catching up on the last ten pages 

:rekt:

@@Moses_FPS

you're like the 6th person to say they were included but were <3

hint: you're on the left

• Upvote (+1) 2

n36EHBe.jpg

v2

if i forgot you please bitch at me and i promise i'll add you to the senate 

Add me maybe please!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1