CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Please stop posting this. That is a "most popular list". The "most played" this unfortunately no longer exists.

Then quit acting like it does and you know this information

1.Settings discussion encompass much more than AR balance and radar. You must not leave this thread often.

Settings discussions also frequently include topics such as

-Auto balance(AR, SMG and SR)

-Pistol buffs

-Giving precision weapons more diverse traits and/or roles

-Tweaking and/or removing certain SAs.

-Other movement tweaks such as base movement speed increases, acclerations tweaks etc

etc

2. I didn't think I had to dive deeply into the issues that have been plaguing Halo since Halo Reach. I jsut assumed they were already widely know and accpeted.

Examples of "overarching road" issues.

-Copycatting fad mechanics

-Generic ass gameplay

-Kill times that are too long

-Sprint in general

etc

If I had a dime for every person like you who doesn't settle for mediocrity in their games I would probably still be poor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What?

How is it "clearly ok"? The game hasn't been able to crack the xbl top 10 population chart in ages. The xb1 install base of h5 is quite big (compared to other game's sales on XB1 it sold a lot). Sales wise it would place somewhere in the #2-5 spot amongst the games on the population chart. That is a massive disparity.

1.Settings discussion encompass much more than AR balance and radar. You must not leave this thread often.

2. I didn't think I had to dive deeply into the issues that have been plaguing Halo since Halo Reach. I jsut assumed they were already widely know and accpeted.

Examples of "overarching road" issues.

-Copycatting fad mechanics

-Generic ass gameplay

-Kill times that are too long

-Sprint in general

etc

Straight up - do you think that any settings changes, or removing Sprint, or changing kill times, will make the game more popular? I mean, we're arguing semantics here. My general point is that settings have nothing to do with the game's popularity. The game's popularity is determined by the one console it's on, the genre it's in, stuff like no LAN or split screen or the fact that open circuit or grassroots tourneys are hard to make for H5 or by the lasting negative impact Reach and H4 had on the Halo name. These are all things that no pro, not even Snakebite, can do anything about. The only thing he can push on is settings, and that shit doesn't matter at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Perfect, literally. Also...my avi aint there, you failed the Batman.

r u sure?  :rekt:

:intel:

Kinda stole @@Moses_FPS idea, but, i mean, its art so its  just influence, right? 

The HCS logo using 177 different users avatars

imgur.com/choC3yR.jpg

LOL!!!

you used an image grabber didn't you? i am so stupid lol, i did it manually 

and yerp thats how art works, you get it man

• Upvote (+1) 1

The "most played" list that USED to exist was a population leadboard. Linking a totally different list to try to discredit the legitamency of the "most played list" makes no sense.

<dank pic>

v2

if i forgot you please bitch at me and i promise i'll add you to the senate 

G9fqm7U.gif

:mj:  :mj:  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

n36EHBe.jpg

v2

if i forgot you please bitch at me and i promise i'll add you to the senate 

:dank:  :intensifies:  This is easily the greatest post ive seen in quite some time.  

EDIT:  I FOUND MY ICON!!!  Feels good to be a part of such greatness, FeelsGoodMan.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The "most played" list that USED to exist was a population leadboard. Linking a totally different list to try to discredit the legitamency of the "most played list" makes no sense.

Because that's what people have been using(the most popular list) for months. And you talk like you have some secret source that gives you weekly updates of the top 10 population list when there's nothing accurate out there. 

Crouch reduces spread and recoil, and headshots have bonus damage when no shields. I don't know the numbers since this is based emperical evidence and 343 doesn't release this information. Like how much damage a pistol shot does???. What does it mean when the stats said i did 2000 damage.

One shot with the pistol does 7 damage I believe. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

you used an image grabber didn't you? i am so stupid lol, i did it manually 

and yerp thats how art works, you get it man

Yeah, used GetThemAll on Chrome, each avy has there own url, so you can download all the avatars on each page, and just delete duplicates

• Upvote (+1) 1

Straight up - do you think that any settings changes, or removing Sprint, or changing kill times, will make the game more popular? I mean, we're arguing semantics here. My general point is that settings have nothing to do with the game's popularity. The game's popularity is determined by the one console it's on, the genre it's in, stuff like no LAN or split screen or the fact that open circuit or grassroots tourneys are hard to make for H5 or by the lasting negative impact Reach and H4 had on the Halo name. These are all things that no pro, not even Snakebite, can do anything about. The only thing he can push on is settings, and that shit doesn't matter at all.

Settings don't matter? Are you [insert insult that would probably get me banned again]? I love you, infinity <3

If people don't like the settings then they're not going to play the game. Why do you think Reach and Halo 4 dropped off? Yeah, Halo 5 is better than H4 and Reach(arguable), but it's not like those two games were setting any high standards.

• Upvote (+1) 2

stepped into the gameplay settings thread and it's just basically a support group for people who get frustrated at the new game, small auto nerfs would make this game better but as it stands now h5 out of the box settings SHIT on anything recently released. Also shits on pre patch h2 unless I'm the only one who missed the dual wield godliness and beat down circus.

You seem frustrated man, if only we had you out here doing something for us instead of posting ignorant statements and taking your neg rep as people not liking the truth.

If the gameplay settings thread seems like a support group or echo chamber it's probably because almost nobody is willing to provide an argument for radar or AR starts other than stuff like "radar's fine in this game", "have you even played with no radar", or "h5 settings shit on anything recently released" (not impressive to be better than stuff like black ops 3). In fact, the only person who I've seen provide an actual argument (not blanket statements) is Infinity, and he doesn't even want radar in the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Kinda stole @ idea, but, i mean, its art so its  just influence, right? 

The HCS logo using 177 different users avatars

imgur.com/choC3yR.jpg

Fantastic. This reminds me of the background image that MLG made post-Toronto '08 (and post-other events as well, probably) that was their wordmark comprised of the username of every player that competed in the event.

I peaked during that weekend.

No it won't make it more popular but it won't make it less popular either.  This is the same community that embraced clamber, ADS, etc. after such a thing would have been inconceivable in the past. Do you really think adjusting some weapons is going to make people leave?

So what's the issue here with trying to make this game more competitive?

Honestly, 343 could have went back to a "classic" Halo and the game would have been as popular, if not more popular than it is now. Changing things now won't do anything. This game appeals to a very select group of players who like the "new" Halo as opposed to HCE-H3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The way I see it.. if you like Halo, you will play Halo. No game is ever going to be perfect for everyone out there, unless you are Super Mario  :wink:

• Upvote (+1) 1

lets be real....making the game easier did not increase the population if anything it decreased it(some competitive players left). I highly doubt that removing radar and nerfing automatics would decrease the games population. the increase in population from h4 to mcc to h5 had nothing to do with making the game easier. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Settings don't matter? Are you [insert insult that would probably get me banned again]? I love you, infinity <3

If people don't like the settings then they're not going to play the game. Why do you think Reach and Halo 4 dropped off? Yeah, Halo 5 is better than H4 and Reach(arguable), but it's not like those two games were setting any high standards.

If I'm not mistaken, Reach had 900k players a year after launch, which was only slightly less than H3. It seemed less because MW2/BO1 was super popular. H4 literally stopped being an arena shooter which is why is was such a miserable failure.