CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Terrible pick-up IMO.

Str8 Sick's a great player, but too similar to Ace & Maniac in terms of playstyle. Would've liked them to pick up a more aggressive player, like Assault.

Lmao what? Hes way more aggressive than assault. This is a great pickup
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lmao what? Hes way more aggressive than assault. This is a great pickup

I guess we've seen him at different moments then. Every time I've watched his stream he's sitting back with a Sniper or DMR/BR. 

Assault is a pretty selfless aggressive player whenever I've watched him. 

I guess we've seen him at different moments then. Every time I've watched his stream he's sitting back with a Sniper or DMR/BR. 

Assault is a pretty selfless aggressive player whenever I've watched him. 

Str8 used to be a beast of an FFA player (probably still is), so the aggression and 1v1 battles come with that.  He's definitely individually talented, now if only they can make this squad work.  

@@SwiftKill

No team? or other issues?

Cloud, Calm, you, and someone like Danoxide or Assault would be good.

Sucks to see you not compete :/ That OG Noble/New Elevate squad was dope at Regionals/Worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

if the map's favor RNG

Saying stuff without thinking about it. What maps favor RNG? Coli TS, Rig TS? If there were 4 Team Slayers in a 7 game series I could see it, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the maps/gametypes. Essentially, if CLG beats themselves, then RNG could upset them.

So is Cloud an assistant coach for Optic now?

Half-joking...but FS is going to miss some scrims and events

• Upvote (+1) 2

So today we found out that Flamesword, FiS, and Swift Kill all retired(for now at least). This is crazy and kinda sad but hopefully some youngins see this as an opportunity to get noticed and rise up in the challenger division. Less old pros = more new pros

• Upvote (+1) 3

Str8 Sick? Are you kidding me?

So anticlimactic. This makes Flamesword's retirement sting even more.

Anticlimactic? Str8 Sick is a monster and 100% an upgrade over Flame, and that is not a dig on Flame at all. Were you expecting Roy to leave EG or something? Idk how Str8 Sick is anticlimactic at all especially considering NO ONE expected it.

Edit: sry 4 dbl post

• Upvote (+1) 3

Appreciate the love. I don't see myself in the pro league with the players left and honestly I feel like I am always on the ass end of all this roster drama regardless of what my peers think of me. I loved my old team and I think ending on a high note at this point is the best thing for me to do.

top 4 at the biggest halo tournament ever is a hell of a way to go out 

o7

• Upvote (+1) 5

Appreciate the love. I don't see myself in the pro league with the players left and honestly I feel like I am always on the ass end of all this roster drama regardless of what my peers think of me. I loved my old team and I think ending on a high note at this point is the best thing for me to do.

Damn Alex this sucks to hear. You're one of the last OG Texas guys competing at a high level. Sucks to see you go. But I totally understand the ending on a high night. Miss those late nights at Ganzy's LANs.

• Upvote (+1) 3

who does optic scrim first?

lower tier teams to get their teamwork sorted or do they see what their made of against a higher tier team?

What's really interesting about picking up Str8 Sick is that he plays nothing like FS. Optic is just really different now.  I need @@TiberiusAudley to explain how this all works in terms of his Priority definitions, and who likely does what on this squad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

http://imgur.com/QBvuPqp

Str8sick's tournament record

That's also missing the 4FFA 1st's and one 3rd.  Really hoping he finds some more 4v4 success with this OG lineup (although I'm not getting my hopes too high yet). 

Anticlimactic? Str8 Sick is a monster and 100% an upgrade over Flame, and that is not a dig on Flame at all. Were you expecting Roy to leave EG or something? Idk how Str8 Sick is anticlimactic at all especially considering NO ONE expected it.

This LOL.

It became pretty obvious that they weren't getting Spartan, Stellur, etc.  It was a choice of Str8 Sick or Cloud/Assault.  I think they made the right choice to go with a fresh look over those two, especially considering that Str8 Sick has been looking better than both.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wondering when all the teams approved will be announced... Like

You shouldn't think like that man. If nothing else you could pick up some great young guns like Turley and wreck the challenger league. You would atleast be keeping your name out there for future roster mania's.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

There's still some great f/as left. Don't give up Swift. You'll regret it later on! I know I did.

• Upvote (+1) 3