CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I get why people don't enjoy the game, but CS is an undeniably well crafted game. It makes sense that you wouldn't enjoy watching it if you are used to the much faster pace of Halo. To each their own. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

CS is still highly watchable without understanding the economy and whatnot but it's 100 times better when you do. Halo and COD are watchable but I think the speed of the games make it hard for the casual audience to really follow along and enjoy. when i watch COD  it looks like a bunch flies zipping around the screen and it's just too chaotic to follow. If i didnt play halo i'd feel the same way about it too probably.

• Upvote (+1) 8

If only we can combine Halo and CS.. 

rip shadowrun  :salt:

Breakout anyone?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be honest I don't think that could be further from the truth. CS:GO is self explainatory for people who don't even play video games. It isn't hard to understand CT vs T and bomb planting. FPS games in general are very easy to understand. I have played video games my whole life and LoL is gibberish to me (while doing nothing to draw me in), and almost impossible to appreciate. I don't play CSGO, but I love watching it and it didn't take me long to get a basic understanding. Halo has this same advantage imo

THIS!

I have played about the same amount of CS:GO and LoL and I still struggle to understand League.

CS is very easy to understand other than the economy portion to it.

The biggest problem with CS is that it's meta has been played over and over for the last 15 years that nothing new happens.  It's just the same strats, that's not to say that brilliant plays don't still happen though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Obviously it's a much better experience if you play it but IMO CS is a much better watch than Halo is both for a new viewer and a veteran player.

• Stylistic differences in the top teams (and between nationalities for that matter)
  • Defined roles in teams
  • Diverse strategy within rounds
  • A straightforward structure - rounds, economy
  • Much more individually empowering

There is a magic in that keeps people coming back watching / playing and makes CS one of the few longstanding esports.

@@Jacob .. to say nothing new happens is surface level. Something new happens every game with occasional breakthrough in strategy / meta, this happened at the last LAN for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-yPbZp7Mwk

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So much CS talk I love it, this place really is just a representation of my mind

You must be toxic then  :kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Breakout anyone?  :simms:

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Don't say disgusting things like that, even on the internet!

• Upvote (+1) 5

just got home from work. y'all are all awesome. read every post from my original. Love this community so much already and can not believe it took me this long to contribute. I love halo. this is the 3/4th best day of my internet life

GIF-Thanks-man-Thanks-Thank-you-GIF.gif

hug.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Might be late to the CS talk but I find it difficult to follow. Mainly because I don't know the maps and I only see 1/8 persons screens. The highlights help but I feel the HUD for spectating is too much to digest. Mainly see what guns people have in the sides, health, etc. Maybe im just dumb tho lol. I also cant follow LoL or Dota besides knowing you have to break some towers and go to the other side to win (I don't understand the "hype" moments like that one claw at TI4 or w/e). SC2 I attended tournaments as a spectator and didn't find it overtly confusing.

Not saying CS is a  bad game or anything but whatever the game does spectator wise, it's working really well

Toxic =\= Passionate, seems to be a common misconception.

Compared to other eSports communities, I would say this one is a walk in the park.

People also tend to also take 1-2 non constructive users posts and apply it to everyone. Read a few things you don't agree with and automatically write off an entire community as toxic, happens more often than you think.

Regardless of anyone's opinion, developer, normal user, other people from the gaming industry, I am proud of what we have been able to do, considering we started this website when Halo eSports had fallen so far off the map that not many people (including myself) thought it would ever revive back to its former status.

As far as Small, Niche, etc? Most eSports websites / companies have no community at all, or are pandering to respective games subreddits, so I will take a "small niche" over 0. Obviously you do not have access to analytics, but I would say traffic wise we are medium sized and growing rapidly, mainly due to the direction we are moving the site into.

Right, obviously you can be passionate and not toxic. There are however more than one or two individuals on this forum who I, personally, would classify as toxic.

I don't think this community (Halo as a whole) is any more toxic than any other gaming community, I would agree.

No where in any of my posts do i feel I've stated anything which "devalues" this website. I don't know why your post seems to think I'm implying this site isn't valuable or hasn't accomplished something. There's a reason I choose to engage and participate here myself.

The whole point my posts were addressing is why I personally feel we don't see more 343i employees (Bravo in particular) posting on this site. As I stated before, relative to the size of its user base, I think this site is more negative in particular towards 343. Does anyone think that this site doesn't produce more anti-343i rhetoric/commentary/content than any other Halo community site? On top of that, it's smaller than waypoint and reddit. As such, I personally believe that's why 343i hasn't prioritized being actively involved in posting here as frequently as they do in these other places.

• Upvote (+1) 7

vLlh1W2.png

Working out really well for arena FPS isn't it :>

transformer-hug.gif

Don't mind me I'll just get back to watching my shitty single elimination tournament for a measly $1m prize pool.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Right, obviously you can be passionate and not toxic. There are however more than one or two individuals on this forum who I personally, would classify as toxic.

I don't think this community (Halo as a whole) is any more toxic than any other gaming community, I would agree.

No where in any of my posts do i feel I've stated anything which "devalues" this website. I don't know why your post seems to think I'm implying this site isn't valuable or hasn't accomplished something. There's a reason I choose to engage and participate here myself.

The whole point my posts were addressing is why I personally feel we don't see more 343i employees (Bravo in particular) posting on this site. As I stated before, relative to the size of its user base, I think this site is more negative in particular towards 343. Does anyone think that this site doesn't produce more anti-343i rhetoric/commentary/content than any other Halo community site? On top of that, it's smaller than waypoint and reddit. As such, I personally believe that's why 343i hasn't prioritized being actively involved in posting here as frequently as they do in these other places.

#DOWNWITH343 - Kelby 

• Upvote (+1) 1

took a break from studying in hopes of some intel or steamy halo talk 

was disappointed

well nobody wants to have a pro player come in and call them brain dead over a speculative post so the conversation has shifted to a safer subject

• Upvote (+1) 8

#DOWNWITH343 - Kelby 

TMZ really fucked up by interviewing PJ instead of you after HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 5

well nobody wants to have a pro player come in and call them brain dead over a speculative post so the conversation has shifted to a safer subject

People act surprised when one pro comes to the forum and say something stupid. Most of them are kids with an ego the size of the planet, take the example of unlegit the guys has literally done jackshit in halo and comes to the forums and calls braindead another user.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll never get over the magnificence of that sig.

• Upvote (+1) 3

a simple risk vs reward calculation has shown: 

that being labeled braindead by a pro will do 

more damage to my internet reputation than a speculative post about future teams would build

my internet reputation. therefore i

am silence. if you

care i can share my data-sets. i feel that you will 

have to come to the same conclusion.

in my dreams i do not 

need memes

e

• Upvote (+1) 2