CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Idk about you guys, but I 100% agree with T2, Roster locks are dumb for halo, teams should just be expected to be finalized by the time tournaments start, not on some random tuesday night at 2am. I personally also love T2's videos as well. hearing his thoughts on everything is extremely insightful. In the end it would be great to see him land on a top 8 team but as he said it isnt really possible at the moment. 

I get where T2 is coming from and this is really bad timing. I feel like his issue should be with 343/ESL though. Make the roster lock way before your first tournament and problem solved.

I dont think that would have fixed the whole FS situation though, as he said win or lose he was going to retire. So if they lock the roster before the first tourney he would of still retired.

If Flame knew that was his last tourney they should have been trying out and looking for a 4th for weeks.  not 3 days.

he said in Lethul's chat that Optic knew 2 weeks before PAX that this was his plan

OK I know this is OT but the T2 video just reminded me.  Forgive me, but do Gandhi and T2 actually hate each other, or is that just a schtick or am I completely off?  That's kind of the vibe I got from Gandhi's Halo history videos but I might just be mistaken. 

they like to hate eachother

OpTic got the complete shit end of the stick last roster lock, so it's only fair that they get to be the ones to pull the last piece out of the jenga tower this time.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I dont think that would have fixed the whole FS situation though, as he said win or lose he was going to retire. So if they lock the roster before the first tourney he would of still retired.

The rule would have been set way before now, so he probably would have made the decision to retire long recently. I don't want to see any teams or players screwed over, I agree with T2 more in a sense where people need to get 4 players and work to become a better team rather than swapping people around like crazy. 

Wait, i've been gone for a few days, what happened with Flamesword?

due to scheduling issues he is stepping down as a player and coaching the team this season

Still though...like how much time do we have to spend jerking off over how cool it'd be for Formal to come back.

All of the time. The thought of him coming back is more exciting than anything going on in the HCS scene right now. In my opinion anyways.

Yeah the only way to get around that would be FS retiring before PAX. I just think that every night of roster lock is going to be hectic and probably somewhat shady. I was talking more about his beef with roster lock being tonight and having a tournament so soon and how it isn't helping the level of halo being played. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any update on FiS? I feel as though things have been quiet for him even though he improved greatly. 

So Victory said on his stream the other day that Fis was most likely done with competitive halo.  I asked him why and he didn't respond and never talked about it again.  Idk if he was trolling or what, but I know fis recently moved out of the house with snipedown and towey.  Also, sorry if this has already been discussed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3-1 start for RNG is a series win a bo5, now it's tied 3-3, if they can get a Game 7 win I'll be satisfied

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like FS just wanted to play one last event before retiring.

• Upvote (+1) 3

3-1 start for RNG is a series win a bo5, now it's tied 3-3, if they can get a Game 7 win I'll be satisfied

:simms:

You're always twisting it into good things, lmao. I do the same w/ EG! We're too fucking similar. 

IMHO, I think CLG starts slow. RNG just happened to be on fire tonight, but I don't think they'll take a series win at an actual tourney. Can't really use scrims to look at it like that when CLG is kinda so-so w/ scrims lately (can you blame them? They've been shitting on everyone for weeks). 

But, I think this just reassures myself that RNG is def. top 4 w/o question (CLG, RNG, EG and either Liquid or ALG). 

So Victory said on his stream the other day that Fis was most likely done with competitive halo.  I asked him why and he didn't respond and never talked about it again.  Idk if he was trolling or what, but I know fis recently moved out of the house with snipedown and towey.  Also, sorry if this has already been discussed.

It wouldn't surprise me if he stopped competing. He posted this status on facebook 8 days ago. 

https://www.facebook.com/justin.kats/posts/1155640991122557

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're always twisting it into good things, lmao. I do the same w/ EG! We're too fucking similar.

IMHO, I think CLG starts slow. RNG just happened to be on fire tonight, but I don't think they'll take a series win at an actual tourney. Can't really use scrims to look at it like that when CLG is kinda so-so w/ scrims lately (can you blame them? They've been shitting on everyone for weeks).

But, I think this just reassures myself that RNG is def. top 4 w/o question (CLG, RNG, EG and either Liquid or ALG).

Haha yeah just looking for positives. I fully expect CLG to pull away.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many times did he blink? Like 3 in 3 minutes?  :laugh:

Holy fuck this is depressing to read :(

Poor FiS, but it'll be all the better for him as a person in the long run.

Sand volleyball sounds fucking amazing right now.

I mean it doesn't say specifically he is done gaming, but it sure doesn't sound like someone who wants to put a bunch of hours, everyday into halo.