CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You have to be a player to appreciate it. Is like LoL in that if you don't play it, you don't have any idea of what is going on.

Thats usually true but i have played it.  well... i played it back in college ('04 - '08) when my friends were into it and we would LAN and shit occasionally, but even then i preferred halo.  I never played CS solo as i found it too boring.  I was always a PC player until i met halo, that's when things went haywire!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I want an EG-branded lunchbox with that quote printed on it. 

Heres another one :bman:

331f19283c4c870988a8e27551c1ee27.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've played very little CS:GO and pretty heartily agree that it is really uninteresting to watch a stream. It seems almost the entire "round" is people knowing EXACTLY where an enemy will come from and just waiting to shoot at that spot, until they come around the corner. It really doesn't do much for me. There appears to be little movement outside of initial setups and then after that it's all an enormous campfest. I could be seriously wrong as I have no experience with the game, but it doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

• Upvote (+1) 6

EG vs CLG Xgames? Or Allegiance vs Renegades HWC?

yeah i was thinking about those 2, specifically the ALG-RNG match

i want to analyze that bad boy 

that's probably my favorite series of the season 

• Upvote (+1) 3

EG vs CLG Xgames? Or Allegiance vs Renegades HWC?

That EG vs CLG series was one of the best in competitive Halo history. RNG vs ALG was just one of the biggest chokes.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I seriously dont understand it.  I have never been a fan of CS.  Watching people's death screens for half the game.  And if they aren't dead, they're just slowly moving around or not moving at all. waiting.. waiting...  Plus round based games bore me. and its the same exact gametype every single time.  At least halo has gametype variety

I get that there is all this tension and shit that people enjoy, i just cant do it.

This.  The game is repetitive and the "peak" is over in an instant until it repeats again in the next round...an infinite amount of times.

I understand the skill involved; I just don't see whats so fun about spectating it.  Golf obviously requires an insane amount of skill as well, and I don't find that entertaining to watch either.  To each their own I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've played very little CS:GO and pretty heartily agree that it is really uninteresting to watch a stream. It seems almost the entire "round" is people knowing EXACTLY where an enemy will come from and just waiting to shoot at that spot, until they come around the corner. It really doesn't do much for me. There appears to be little movement outside of initial setups and then after that it's all an enormous campfest. I could be seriously wrong as I have no experience with the game, but it doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

That's pretty wrong to be honest. A huge (most would say integral) part of CS is the "pre-fight" strats, where the defensive team has to decide what to cover, and how to cover it, and the offensive team has to decide where to attack and how to attack it.

I get that it might be boring to watch, it's definitely not for everyone. But CS is a lot deeper than it might seem.

• Upvote (+1) 6

what was the best lan series this season?

i'm bored and want something to watch

DNL vs TL and DNL vs CLG at worlds. Honestly felt like those were the 3 best teams and the best matches to learn from.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think thats what 343 tried to mimic with breakout, so that it would hopefully attract COD SnD/CS players to switch over to halo

So many uneducated posts about counterstrike making my head hurt

I think we don't understand since we don't play it. The gun battles are too fast and seem very bland, like no strafe and so on.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think we don't understand since we don't play it. The gun battles are too fast and seem very bland, like no strafe and so on.

Of course there is no strafe. You can't fire and walk at the same time.

You have to be a player to appreciate it. Is like LoL in that if you don't play it, you don't have any idea of what is going on.

To be honest I don't think that could be further from the truth. CS:GO is self explainatory for people who don't even play video games. It isn't hard to understand CT vs T and bomb planting. FPS games in general are very easy to understand. I have played video games my whole life and LoL is gibberish to me (while doing nothing to draw me in), and almost impossible to appreciate. I don't play CSGO, but I love watching it and it didn't take me long to get a basic understanding. Halo has this same advantage imo
  • Upvote (+1) 4

What people don't understand about CS is the spray patterns and stuff. They don't realize how hard it actually is to spray someone from a decent distance and actually hit all the shots. They don't understand the economy either.

• Upvote (+1) 8

What people don't understand about CS is the spray patterns and stuff. They don't realize how hard it actually is to spray someone from a decent distance and actually hit all the shots. They don't understand the economy either.

and the smokes, and the flashes, and the molotovs, and the wall bangs, and the sound whoring 

CS is crazy deep but a lot of people have been watching for a long time so they get it

halo has great casual potential as an esport because of it's constant action and because the games are concise, we just need a better spectator mode with a minimap 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I never understood the game until my buddy explained the economy is just a rip off of Shadowrun, now I understand the game completely and enjoy watching it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1