CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

it's tonight at 11:59:59. 

nV head count?!

home-alone-movie.gif

Unless you're already roster locked because of the invitational.

Flameswords a great guy. I'm happy to see he'll still be involved in someway. Although optic is a great platform to boost a players popularity and what not, I always felt it was up to those people to make the most out of it. He truly did that and was a great role model in my opinion as to what other Halo pro's should strive to be in terms of acting like a professional.

Respect to a NJ brother. Ya made us proud Mike.

NJHalo is no joke

fuck michigan  :lxthul:   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Did flame retire and hecz drop Maniac? pretty much means its Formal and TJ on optic

You can't just will things into existence.

This is pretty classic Optic though. They probably wanted to build up the announcement and wait for the Vision video to drop to announce it. Now they're pretty much out of time to pick someone up, letting everyone know they're looking for one the NIGHT OF roster lock, without time to run games with multiple players or put feelers out. Whether or not the business side made them wait, they're still now in a scramble.

Edit: Cue Optic fan down votes for an accurate assessment of the situation.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

After jumping in this thread and catching up since last night:

Z3M4x.gif

I think @@W0uld

That being said,

I'm going to be working on some solo casting stuff going forward for the time being. I want to improve my work and get it on a level I'm comfortable before bringing other players to the table. I still think there is a place for duo/trio casting in the current realm of Halo eSports, so I'll keep my ears and eyes open. But for now, this is the route I'm pursuing.

Damn man. W0uld makes 2 terrible posts and gets cut from the casting team, just like that??

I don't even need to watch game of thrones anymore, this caster back stabbing is enough to fuel my strategic needs for a few months!

• Upvote (+1) 9

This is pretty classic Optic though, with the org getting in the way of what's best for the team. They probably wanted to build up the announcement and wait fore the Vision video to drop to announce it. Now they're pretty much out of time to pick someone up, letting everyone know they're looking for one the NIGHT OF roster lock, without time to run games with multiple players or put feelers out. Snap decisions on the roster because the business/media side of the org took priority.

If you look at Randa's twitter, apparently there were rumors of him leaving at least a couple days ago.  There is no way they weren't in contact with ANYONE before today and just decided to say "fuck it, let's try to get someone." 

• Upvote (+1) 1

when is eu region lock?

that is a really good question

we only know the NA lock date because some people leaked it lol

If you look at Randa's twitter, apparently there were rumors of him leaving at least a couple days ago.  There is no way they weren't in contact with ANYONE before today and just decided to say "fuck it, let's try to get someone." 

Rumors or not, if players got wind of it ahead of time or not, they've run games with nobody else and will now be picking in a complete rush.

He was with Assault the last few weeks wasn't he? 

Think that team fell apart.

If Kampy is teaming with Vetoed I'm going to be the happiest person here.

Team name "The Youtubers"

When you realize that Flamesword retiring from Halo is just preparation for Destiny eSports when Private Matches roll around...

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Isn't Destiny a super shallow game? Never really thought of it as competitive, plus the console arcade FPS niche is already occupied by CoD. I don't see why Activision would have two of their games compete against each other. 

Imagine if they brought Formal back to be on Optic Halo? :walshy:

Idk what's going on with Formal. Is he still on Optic's cod team? How are they doing?

Optic CoD is the best team in CoD. There are a few that are close (Rise) but there's no way Formal comes back until Optic CoD starts shitting the bed and Halo becomes big again.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Isn't Destiny a super shallow game? Never really thought of it as competitive, plus the console arcade FPS niche is already occupied by CoD. I don't see why Activision would have two of their games compete against each other. 

i feel like MLG was acquired to get overwatch off it's feet 

that game is going to be very very popular 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rumors or not, if players got wind of it ahead of time or not, they've run games with nobody else and will now be picking in a complete rush.

Oh I agree that it's nowhere near enough time and that it should have been dealt with sooner, but to say that nobody outside of OpTic knew about this today would probably be wrong. 

I know this is late and not really sure where to post, If I had a team and wanted to sign us up to compete in the HCS league, where would I go to do that? Can anyone point me in the right direction lol. There's ESL and GB, not really sure where to register.

Any chance of optic 2gre? Evidently Naded was considering teaming with 2gre before he joined optic anyways. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL In what universe did Ace think Frosty would leave to join OpTic.

I mean, Lethul is somewhat notorious for his trolls, to where it's never clear if he is joking or not. Even worse via twitter, where you don't have tone of voice or facial expressions to go off of.

Not sure I understand why FS would retire on the day of roster lock.. like he is better than Cloud right now.  And the frosty attempt failed so I don't see the logic in this at all.

If Frosty said he would join then this makes 100% sense but now... who do they realistically get?

- FS and + Cloud and they just got worse IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 2