CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Don't look now but RNG flipped the series from 2-4 to 6-4

did this run start with them restarting the custom games server?

Personally I like Puckett in 3-man casting groups, but not as part of a duo.  I think he's analogous to LoL's Rivington the Third.  He's got great voice/delivery, but the primary thing people find entertaining about him is when he just says something off the wall or stupid.  Puckettisms and Rivingtonisms are great additions to a cast, but they don't really come paired with deep analysis or even that good of play-by-play commentary.

They're entertaining bits of a cast that stick with you, but they're best when delivered as a third man, rather than primary PbP.

I disagree, I could listen to Jatt and Rivington cast all day. That duo is fantastic, they don't need a third, Unless the third is Rivington the Third. (IMO)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree, I could listen to Jatt and Rivington cast all day. That duo is fantastic, I don't think they need a third. (IMO)

Jatt + Riv and Monte + Doa are my favorite casting pairs in esports.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Soul eSports

Crowd Control
Nv
Optic
E6
Rng
Alg
Elevate
Liquid
Soul Red
Soul Blue
SoaR
(LifeStyle's Team)
(Hysteria's Team)

I'm getting 13 at the most if anyone knows anymore? Wonder if they'll do something for the open spots...

Jatt + Riv and Monte + Doa are my favorite casting pairs in esports.

I'm with you there.

RIP devil.

2gre in a scrim with Nem, Arkanum, and Seduce. They seem to be having a lot of lag out problems though. No series score yet. 

"iGotUrPengola" 

Just noticed. Forgive me.

sloppy start but RNG beats ALG 8-5 after going 6-1 in the final 7 games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Do you guys think that Allegiance players were tipped on them being able to attend PAX East? I was always questioning how El Town joined NV out of the blue over others and how Cratos attracted the players he did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys think that Allegiance players were tipped on them being able to attend PAX East? I was always questioning how El Town joined NV out of the blue over others and how Cratos attracted the players he did.

NV tried out several different players as their fourth and they looked pretty good with El Town, probably safe to say they looked the best with him. Cratos has had a long history with shooter during Reach and H4. Pretty sure Cratos said he and shooter even talked about teaming before Worlds and the ALG split. Bubu Dubu and Cratos already teamed on that good H5 Crowd Pleasers team so they had a brief but very good history together. And Bubu Dubu and Huke were a duo. So nothing that suspicious really. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i LOVE tuning into @@RyaNoob streams after they scrim, Their post game talking is T1. and so constructive. i love this ALG team.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Crowd Control

Elevate
Soul Red
Soul Blue
SoaR
(LifeStyle's Team)
(Hysteria's Team)

Who are these 28 players  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is the last I'll say on it the matter because I'm sure people are tired of me bitching:

I just feel 8 is still too small for whatever reason or excuse you could give. CLG is going to 3-0 most teams regardless, that;s a bad excuse. 

You misunderstood my response -- it's not about CLG 3-0ing most teams (that's a given regardless) -- it's about the 2-8 ranked teams 3-0ing the 9-12 teams.  It leads to even less exciting games and a lot of games that are basically downtime for viewers.

Them needing a "test season" is a piss poor excuse as well. This is ESL, the king of Pro Leagues. They have the immaculate CWL Pro League to model after (just look at that damn 12 team structure w/ that amazing website and everything). 

There's an important distinction that, regardless of the fact that it's ESL running it, it's not the same people.  Just because ESL CoD is successful doesn't mean ESL Other Game will be equally successful or well-managed.  Granted, I have faith it will do well, but it's not a guarantee.

You're just artificially constricting our already depressingly small scene. 

Orgs WANT to get into Halo. You can fit 12 teams in, with the capacity for FOUR MORE ORGS to join in. 

The lack of a team being in pro league doesn't restrict those orgs from being in the league.  Hell, Cloud 9 had TWO Call of Duty teams that weren't in the CWL, and Liquid had one.  Those are two enormously influential orgs that were in the scene despite only having challenger-level teams.  Liquid left the scene (for now) after their team failed to qualify after Stage 1 relegations, but that was mostly because the players were all CWL-caliber players and had offers from teams or other plans.

Just look at how beautiful this is:

https://www.callofduty.com/esports/league/na/standings

We have the talent to fill in 12 good teams. The bottom 4 will always suck, but that's the fun of a challenger league and relegation. 

I just don't get how some of you could be so complacent about our position, like its good enough, who cares? We should always be pushing for more, even if we're grateful for how far we've come already. 

(Some responses in bold)

Also, you have to remember CWL isn't the first of the CoD Pro Leagues, but I'll admit I was mistaken on what its original incarnation was like.  MLG started Pro League for CoD with Ghosts, but they started with 10 teams.  (I'd thought it was 8.)

• Upvote (+1) 2

call me crazy but i like 8

i'd rather see 8 good teams compete than 8 good teams & 4 mediocre ones 

10 teams seems like a fair compromise, that way at least regulation is possible

pro league should be exclusive, and it also shouldn't feature inferior teams

fact is, no one will watch or care about the challenger league if it's exclusively AMs and unknown players/ORGs   

Do you guys think that Allegiance players were tipped on them being able to attend PAX East?

yes they were, it's not a secret anymore

Who are these 28 players   :wutface:

80% of them were at regionals 

• Upvote (+1) 3

10 Teams would be forgivable but you can't just keep expanding the league to accommodate for more and more good players, there needs to be drive and hunger for people to make it to the Pro League and fight in the Challenger Division. It also adds to storylines when Pro Players either get kicked out of the league and beaten by amateurs or when ams play incredible and become one of the new Pros.

• Upvote (+1) 6

call me crazy but i like 8

i'd rather see 8 good teams compete than 8 good teams & 4 mediocre ones 

10 teams seems like a fair compromise, that way at least regulation is possible

pro league should be exclusive, and it also shouldn't feature inferior teams

fact is, no one will watch or care about the challenger league if it's exclusively AMs and unknown players/ORGs   

yes they were, it's not a secret anymore

80% of them were at regionals 

10 Teams would be forgivable but you can't just keep expanding the league to accommodate for more and more good players, there needs to be drive and hunger for people to make it to the Pro League and fight in the Challenger Division. It also adds to storylines when Pro Players either get kicked out of the league and beaten by amateurs or when ams play incredible and become one of the new Pros.

https://www.callofduty.com/esports/league/na/standings

I stand by what I said. 8 + 4 is the sweet spot. We have the talent for 8 teams to compete for spots 2-4 and 6-8 extra teams to compete for  spots 6-12, easily.