CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The way they did breakout was as about as good as it was going to get. Shields and TTK make it impossible to have a punishing 1 life game mode which means they have to lower health and shields which in turn makes the gamemode completely different from base Halo. I actually enjoy breakout as it's own thing, but thrown into HCS map rotations it just did not fit.

• Upvote (+1) 7

TLDR: Smaller player pool = Lower skill ceiling

TL:DR he have no clue what he's saying.

Saying there is a smaller player pool is absolute bs. What is preventing girls from playing with guys? The only reason girls would exclusively play with girls is if the competition against guys was above their skill ceiling. There is nothing preventing girls from competing with guys besides the fact that they aren't on the same level. People will go to amazing lengths to try and make girls equal with guys in every possible situation.

I'm probably a sexist for saying this though, because that's how the internet works.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What is preventing girls from playing with guys?

Guys?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Saying there is a smaller player pool is absolute bs. What is preventing girls from playing with guys? The only reason girls would exclusively play with girls is if the competition against guys was above their skill ceiling. There is nothing preventing girls from competing with guys besides the fact that they aren't on the same level. People will go to amazing lengths to try and make girls equal with guys in every possible situation.

I'm probably a sexist for saying this though, because that's how the internet works.

This is arguably going to become a new meme.

Alright guys get the popcorn ready, can see this guys v girls debate escalating quickly.

erGrs3WkRhha8.gif

no it stops now

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

see I drew a line under it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really the same situation. X-Games still featured the best teams. Obviously not as important as worlds but still counts as a win because pretty much all notable teams were there. Whereas this upcoming tournament is not only leaving out undeniably the best team in CLG but also RNG and Liquid who both would have a solid chance to win that event. 

Also, anyone know what the series score ended up being between Team Randa and elevate? 

Team Randa vs. Elevate

Truth CTF: 0-3

Coliseum TS: 50-30

Eden SH: 100-62

Rig TS: 50-48

Fathom CTF: 2-3

Plaza TS: 37-50

Empire SH: 99-100

Eden TS: 41-50

Coliseum CTF: 0-3

Regret TS: 41-50

Plaza SH: 100-50

Truth TS: 50-46

Rig SH: 11-100

Elevate wins first 13-game series 8-5. They then replayed some gametypes (Team Randa scores in front):

Regret TS: 50-33

Truth CTF: 3-1

Plaza TS: 44-50

Coliseum CTF: 1-3

Eden TS: 50-36

Empire SH: 31-100

Fathom CTF: 0-3

Elevate wins this one 4-3. Still think Elevate looked better with Nemassist instead of Heinz.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is arguably going to become a new meme.

Would 07 FB arguably be better than a girl 16 CLG team if they paid more rent?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I get ttk and shields was a complication, but i mean the lack of objective, then adding a FLAG!, 

To be honest I think, they should of tried to duplicate csgo as much as possible, i.e gaining req points (similar to warzone) for each victory allowing teams to buy nades, and power weapons etc, Who said it needs to be best of 5 rounds they could have extended the rounds, to give it more complexity and depth.

To me it just seemed like it was completely underthougt

I see your point and I agree it probably was mostly an afterthought, which I am fine with. If they poured all their resources into making breakout the only competitive nature in the game then so many people would have complained about it being too close to CSGO. 

I don't think breakout was ever going to work in Halo, and I'm totally fine with that. Halo used to be the innovator, obviously there isn't really anything innovative about H5 but at least it makes good use of what makes Halo unique. I'd rather that then have Halo attempting to clone more successful sports shooters.

That new Dodgeball gametype in the Gears 4 beta imo would be a nice addition to Halo. It would be more entertaining to watch then Breakout

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd much rather not have an 'economy' function in Halo, thanks. Arena is arena. 

The rampant sexism may be somewhat of an off-putter. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Stop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

SnD might of been a better alternative gametype basing rather than sudden death swat. I think breakout just got stale and repetitive. Any new gametype in Halo has always been full of really dynamic strategy and breakout didn't have that so I feel something like SnD might of been a better idea to create a new gametype for Halo that is still really edgy and intense. 

On the top part (not even going to touch the bottom with a 10 ft pole).

I like the Req system, gives me a reason to play the game other than just playing the game. I get as much satisfaction from unlocking a sick skin or awesome emblem. It's superficial but it adds something at really no cost to the core Arena gameplay.

SnD might of been a better alternative gametype basing rather than sudden death swat. I think breakout just got stale and repetitive. Any new gametype in Halo has always been full of really dynamic strategy and breakout didn't have that so I feel something like SnD might of been a better idea to create a new gametype for Halo that is still really edgy and intense. 

I like the idea of a less health, round based gametype. I may be in the minority but games on altitude were always intense and exciting for me. Get rid of the starting nades, add some more good maps and I think the gametype could be great.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember when Breakout was a thing, it reminds me that this community is 100% awesome.

I get ttk and shields was a complication, but i mean the lack of objective, then adding a FLAG!, 

To be honest I think, they should of tried to duplicate csgo as much as possible, i.e gaining req points (similar to warzone) for each victory allowing teams to buy nades, and power weapons etc, Who said it needs to be best of 5 rounds they could have extended the rounds, to give it more complexity and depth.

To me it just seemed like it was completely underthougt

Having a forced objective would of went a long way to making Breakout playable. 

Attackers and defenders, swap each round. Just Assault and have like 2/3 possible zones to plant. Straight up rip off all other search and destroy type game modes. 

This would of ment we couldnt use the maps they provided though because of course they were just flat maps it would of been pointless.

But either way I dont want to bring breakout up again in fear it rejuvenates 343s love affair with breakout