CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Feelings towards assault being a quick planting, high scoring gametype? 

They could also make it where you can throw the ball instead of just having to carry it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Feelings towards assault being a quick planting, high scoring gametype? 

Honestly, we have 13 game types.  The only way i would really want to see some get replaced or some get added is if a really awesome, fun, and competitive gametype came out that people were excited to play.  Assault in its current form isnt exciting or fun,  the spawn rotations are terrible (ball in your tree house on fathom after desperating to stop a cap then they just keep control of your side for example) and the player spawns dont even make sense.  The game type just doesn't play well and its confusing, not because its new but because the spawns are very different from other objective gametypes in H5.  There are so many spawn zones, some of which will spawn you with you're back turned on their side of the map. 

And i understand we could make changes to make it good, but as it stands i really dont care enough to talk about making the changes when we already have enough good gametypes

• Upvote (+1) 1

They could also make it where you can throw the ball instead of just having to carry it.

Why not just give the ball guy a pistol with unlimited ammo? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, we have 13 game types.  The only way i would really want to see some get replaced or some get added is if a really awesome, fun, and competitive gametype came out that people were excited to play.  Assault in its current form isnt exciting or fun,  the spawn rotations are terrible (ball in your tree house on fathom after desperating to stop a cap then they just keep control of your side for example) and the player spawns dont even make sense.  The game type just doesn't play well and its confusing, not because its new but because the spawns are very different from other objective gametypes in H5.  There are so many spawn zones, some of which will spawn you with you're back turned on their side of the map. 

And i understand we could make changes to make it good, but as it stands i really dont care enough to talk about making the changes when we already have enough good gametypes

To add to this, i think what we really need is more symmetrical maps with 2 snipers that could have slayer and ctf on them.  We barely have symmetrical maps (coli, empire and empire kind of sucks tbh) and not a single one has two starting snipers.  Every map makes you fight for the power weapons off the start, which is perfectly fine, but a simple switch up that is both fun and entertaining to watch is starting snipes and then have like a power up and rockets in the halfway part of the map.

Stuff like CTF would have a lot of fast paced fighting, and slayer would have some slower games, both of which are fun and entertaining.

Another thing we haven't seen in a while that could be a change up is slayer on symmetrical maps where a team only spawns on their side of the map.  This would make the other team have to push up or get pushed on, like Sanc slayer.

Maybe i sound like an idiot and feel free to explain you're opinion if you feel like im wrong, this is just what i would rather see added or used to replace a few gametypes rather than try assault.  Hell we could have assault too, i just think this is a reasonable way to add variation if thats what we need

Sometimes I wish game types and settings had a different thread ... But it's been dead anyway so who cares

Ugh, I hope not. In my opinion it's the least fun mode in the game, and it ends in a tie way too often. Don't really want to watch it get tied and replayed over and over in pro matches.

well hopefully they see the Overtime/Game replay for things like Bomb and Flag are fucking stupid and they'll make Overtime longer.  

I honestly loved Bomb on Midship, playing and watching the pros play it when it was in the rotation.

Reddit is literally terrible for all video game sub reddits. TERRIBLE.

not true. The Destiny sub is one of the best game communities ever. It goes super deep into the meta for all the sweaty kids but is also extremely welcoming to newcomers at the same time.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

excited to see how the new ALG squad plays. lost their best player in suspector,but gained RNG's best player in spartan. Traded 3rd worst in cratos for a more consistent but better 3rd worse from liquid in UNLEGIT. and traded 4th best in naded for 2nd/3rd best with stellur. on paper its a better team. i don't think they will be good but hey prove me wrong. love sparty and stellur regardless.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 13

not true. The Destiny sub is one of the best game communities ever. It goes super deep into the meta for all the sweaty kids but is also extremely welcoming to newcomers at the same time.

Well I guess they don't talk about much since the game releases content at the most minimal level.  But yea I can see the community being nice for the most part.  I've caught a few streamers and I sub to Datto on youtube.  Just sucks that game is well, really easy and lacks consistent and hardcore content.  the game screams casual/midcore.  

excited to see how the new ALG squad plays. lost their best player in suspector,but gained RNG's best player in spartan. Traded 3rd worst in cratos for a more consistent but better 3rd worse from liquid in UNLEGIT. and traded 4th best in naded for 2nd/3rd best with stellur. on paper its a better team. i don't think they will be good but hey prove me wrong. love sparty and stellur regardless.

So... Spartan and Stellur were the best and 2nd or 3rd best on their team, Renegades...

But Ninja and VictoryX (by process of elimination, the 2nd/3rd best and worst on Renegades in your mind), with Commonly (not the best on EG) and either Ogre2 or Heinz is somehow better than the previous roster?

• Upvote (+1) 7

So... Spartan and Stellur were the best and 2nd or 3rd best on their team, Renegades...

But Ninja and VictoryX (by process of elimination, the 2nd/3rd best and worst on Renegades in your mind), with Commonly (not the best on EG) and either Ogre2 or Heinz is somehow better than the previous roster?

tumblr_m6yrn9ZVCV1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

How the hell is Ninja even considering Hysteria.. he made jokes about his behaviour just days ago.

Sorry but Ninja always complains how he can't get a stable roster but then decides to team with the same asshats again lmao

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ironically, I think the best player to suit Ninja's playstyle is one who left him (StelluR), for the same reason Neighbor got his best 09/10 H3 placing with ToTz.

Triggers down with neighbor and totz had by far the most LAN practice so that was probably a bigger factor than totz's skill. Also, neighbor placed 2nd in 2009 without totz on instinct.

actually becoming a fan of your work, elaborate troll is still, elaborate. 

Dude you need to retire from posting on Beyond. You had a good run homie. Your way of thinking is beyond dumb. No pun intended. 

• Upvote (+1) 14
  • Downvote (-1) 25

no, i think the original roster is better than any team either of them could put together, but given the current situation, i think ninja and victory are a better duo, but spartan and stellur are better players. the new ALG team does not have a duo, which i feel is important to any successful team. (royal 2 snakebite, roybox, ogre 1 ogre 2, etc..) a duo lays down the foundation in which the team builds around. RNG had the benifit in having a trio with both spartan and victory knowing how ninja plays and adapting to that. I think commonly understands how ninja plays, and ogre 2 or heinz can absolutely adapt.

and thank you for not attacking me, and instead engaging in an actual debate which is what i actually enjoy. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 8