CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Tourney should be over way before Game of Thrones tomorrow. Apologies to my ass for sitting on it all day.

Should be well over by the time we get to watch it in the UK (25th)  :mj:

Arena getting closer to HWC settings is huge, and I really want to pull a Cartman and freeze myself until these new sensitivity settings. Gonna rock that 2.5 and equal horizontal and vertical sensitivities like a frigging boss. Aiming has always been a wee bit off for me in this game, so this is HUGE for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please let's just talk about HCS and pro teams...why the talk about team doubles and shit? stop please

Edit: @Multikill: don't be salty because you can't talk about your doubles playlist in here. That's what the HCS arenea settings thread is for. Keep that shit out of here

Why would the hcs arena settings thread be the place to talk about doubles?

What?

The majority of females don't have any where need the same environmental training as males in gaming, chess or other reaction time based activities. From birth males are lead into such activities by society (gaming, sports), females are not. And if say there's a rare occurrence of individual girls who have had a good environment for gaming, using them as the apex of female gamers and comparing them to the top male gamers is ridiculous. There's no where near enough female gamers, or females who've had an active upbringing geared towards fast cognitive reaction times, to compare them fairly to males. It's slowly changing though...
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Should be well over by the time we get to watch it in the UK (25th) :mj:

When does it start UK time ? They should start to post Eu times too. I am all confused with all the Na timezones.

The majority of females don't have any where need the same environmental training as males in gaming, chess or other reaction time based activities. From birth males are lead into such activities by society (gaming, sports), females are not. And if say there's a rare occurrence of individual girls who have had a good environment for gaming, using them as the apex of female gamers and comparing them to the top male gamers is ridiculous. There's no where near enough female gamers, or females who've had an active upbringing geared towards fast cognitive reaction times, to compare them fairly to males. It's slowly changing though... 

TLDR: Smaller player pool = Lower skill ceiling

When does it start UK time ? They should start to post Eu times too. I am all confused with all the Na timezones.

I think that's like 4pm UK time, therefore 5pm EU.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4pm uk time it will start, so it will probably end at 11pm give or take a few minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol no, I feel like this has been brought up before as well. When 3 or so teams who are all in contention to win or do well at the event aren't there then it's just not close to the same. It would be pretty nuts for optic to win since I think it's a LOOOOONG shot. But still let's not get out of hand here.

I think the real question would be, would Naded count it as a win (I doubt it). Also I think it's a win in the same way Xgames was a win for EG, (not as good as Worlds, but something).

Obviously OpTic needs to step up their game to make it happen but oh my lord would a CLG-OpTic rivalry be legendary.

Well that would require a certain members of Optic to stop playing like a 1700 Onyx player. :kappa:

I really wonder how 343 failed so hard at creating a one life gametype when there are soooo many good examples of how to execute it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not a CLG fan at all but I really respect Snakebite after watching his stream this morning the past couple hours. I feel like most halo streamers do well interacting with the chat but this guy literally misses nothing while playing. Wish we could see his POV during scrims.

Hopefully we get CLG/RNG round 2 tonight since EG isn't playing.

also not a CLG fan, but I find it absolutely funny that Snake will literally take his eyes off the screen, read/respond to a question, and perfect shot a guy 'cross map at the same time.

The guy isn't human. Actually, even better, he happens to also be a *great* human.

you really wonder how 343 failed so hard at creating a one life gametype when there are soooo many good examples of how to execute it.

I think part of it is the uniqueness of Halo's shields and weapons systems. Most good games with one life game types are more "realistic" shooters which all play drastically different to Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the real question would be, would Naded count it as a win (I doubt it). Also I think it's a win in the same way Xgames was a win for EG, (not as good as Worlds, but something).

Not really the same situation. X-Games still featured the best teams. Obviously not as important as worlds but still counts as a win because pretty much all notable teams were there. Whereas this upcoming tournament is not only leaving out undeniably the best team in CLG but also RNG and Liquid who both would have a solid chance to win that event. 

Also, anyone know what the series score ended up being between Team Randa and elevate? 

I think part of it is the uniqueness of Halo's shields and weapons systems. Most good games with one life game types are more "realistic" shooters which all play drastically different to Halo.

I get ttk and shields was a complication, but i mean the lack of objective, then adding a FLAG!, 

To be honest I think, they should of tried to duplicate csgo as much as possible, i.e gaining req points (similar to warzone) for each victory allowing teams to buy nades, and power weapons etc, Who said it needs to be best of 5 rounds they could have extended the rounds, to give it more complexity and depth.

To me it just seemed like it was completely underthougt

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really wonder how 343 failed so hard at creating a one life gametype when there are soooo many good examples of how to execute it.

Maybe it's because Halo was never and should never have been a "one life" game.

The fact that it made it as far as it did with the sloppy maps it had was shocking.

• Upvote (+1) 6