CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't understand why there has to be a separate league for grills. It's not like men have a physical advantage like in other sports. Maybe it's just because the skill ceiling isn't as high due to a smaller player base. Whatever, this is OT anyway.

It's the intellectual advantage.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The message today about super fiesta says "you asked for all of the REQ variants from Warzone inside of Arena Fiesta Slayer..." Did we really? It seems to me like every weekend playlist is just a way to get us to buy and use more REQ's, warzone turbo was the worst offender. Yet there is still no doubles playlist? which actually is being asked for.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The message today about super fiesta says "you asked for all of the REQ variants from Warzone inside of Arena Fiesta Slayer..." Did we really? It seems to me like every weekend playlist is just a way to get us to buy and use more REQ's, warzone turbo was the worst offender. Yet there is still no doubles playlist? which actually is being asked for.

We didn't. The nerds on waypoint, Halo Follower, and reddit probably did. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We as in you and your friends or we as in the entire Halo community?

Because this has been one of the most requested playlists ever since the Warzone weapons were revealed. Doubles is coming, and it will be full of community made maps that have been created just for 2v2 play. 

When the hell is doubles coming? Going to Reach and MCC for doubles sucks. MCC usually is a wasteland, and Reach is poo poo doo doo piss shit. 

When the hell is doubles coming? Going to Reach and MCC for doubles sucks. MCC usually is a wasteland, and Reach is poo poo doo doo piss shit. 

I assume when the Forge maps have gone through proper testing. Last thing we need is another repeat of that Valentine's Doubles - people were spawning above the map.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand why there has to be a separate league for grills. It's not like men have a physical advantage like in other sports. Maybe it's just because the skill ceiling isn't as high due to a smaller player base. Whatever, this is OT anyway.

You'd think that but honestly even when it comes to something like gaming, there have been differences shown between men and women when it comes to spacial awareness and reaction time. I know when people were arguing about Ogre 2 being washed someone referenced a study to refute deterioration of hand eye coordination as you get older and the one thing that was noticeable was that reaction times for women were significantly behind those for men at pretty much every age group. It's weird but honestly you could look at the trend of men dominating chess and see similar trends.

It's weird because you would think that gaming would provide an avenue where men and women are equal but even on this small of a scale men seem to have an advantage. It seems like in any instance where hand eye coordination, even at its most acute, and reaction time comes at play men will have an advantage.

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass but plenty of women play competitive games in Korea and Asia in general and you still don't see that many barriers being broken. I'm sure you could say that it's a matter of population or glass ceilings or whatever you want to call it but I think that even in something as non-physical as gaming there's still going to be a degree of differentiation among men and women.

How have any of the weekend playlists been a way to get people to buy and use reqs? You can't use reqs in Arena playlists.

If you are talking about Warzone Turbo, that doesn't really apply since it was a Warzone playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I assume when the Forge maps have gone through proper testing. Last thing we need is another repeat of that Valentine's Doubles - people were spawning above the map.

Hey! I loved Valentines doubles! It wasn't perfect but I love doubles! Why dose it take so long D:

We as in you and your friends or we as in the entire Halo community?

Because this has been one of the most requested playlists ever since the Warzone weapons were revealed. Doubles is coming, and it will be full of community made maps that have been created just for 2v2 play. 

That's pretty cool I'd like to see where that was said. And "we" as in me and my friends and the general Halo community, I'm around it everyday and I think I've seen that suggestion once or twice and they instantly jump on it because it's a way for people to go through more REQ's. It seems when its a REQ related playlist it's a guarantee it'll be implemented but when it's the standard things we actually play halo for it's always "it's coming"

• Upvote (+1) 1

How have any of the weekend playlists been a way to get people to buy and use reqs? You can't use reqs in Arena playlists.

If you are talking about Warzone Turbo, that doesn't really apply since it was a Warzone playlist.

It does apply because it was a weekend playlist and I didn't say Arena specifically. As soon as I read what turbo was I understood why they'd put it in.

Edit - Completely misunderstood the new playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

SUPER fiesta is fun though. it's cool to use those weapons outside of waiting forever in warzone

• Upvote (+1) 5

Please let's just talk about HCS and pro teams...why the talk about team doubles and shit? stop please

Edit: @Multikill: don't be salty because you can't talk about your doubles playlist in here. That's what the HCS arenea settings thread is for. Keep that shit out of here

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Please let's just talk about HCS and pro teams...why the talk about team doubles and shit? stop please

Edit: @Multikill: don't be salty because you can't talk about your doubles playlist in here. That's what the HCS arenea settings thread is for. Keep that shit out of here

Not "salty" I just dislike pseudo-mods, my point wasn't even really about doubles so you obviously just triggered and seen a chance to police. There's 600 pages here and probably 300 on topic, and moaning about something not being on topic isn't contributing to the topic either.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

That's pretty cool I'd like to see where that was said. And "we" as in me and my friends and the general Halo community, I'm around it everyday and I think I've seen that suggestion once or twice and they instantly jump on it because it's a way for people to go through more REQ's. It seems when its a REQ related playlist it's a guarantee it'll be implemented but when it's the standard things we actually play halo for it's always "it's coming"

I haven't got a link but I've been told by a few Forge people that a few maps from the Forge Hub contest currently going on will be used for the upcoming Doubles list. Tagging @@Sitri because he probably knows more.

Either way, both playlists (Doubles and 'Super Fiesta') have been requested hugely. It's just in this case, Super Fiesta was a lot easier to do compared to testing a lot of community forge maps to ensure they're matchmaking ready.

Lets move this discussion to Halo 5 if we're going to continue it, we're derailing from the teams, memes, seeds and HCS discussion.

I haven't got a link but I've been told by a few Forge people that a few maps from the Forge Hub contest currently going on will be used for the upcoming Doubles list. Tagging @@Sitri because he probably knows more.

Either way, both playlists (Doubles and 'Super Fiesta') have been requested hugely. It's just in this case, Super Fiesta was a lot easier to do compared to testing a lot of community forge maps to ensure they're matchmaking ready.

Lets move this discussion to Halo 5 if we're going to continue it, we're derailing from the teams, memes, seeds and HCS discussion.

That's great news, I can only imagine some of the maps people will be making. Admittedly I misunderstood and jumped the gun on what super fiesta is, it's actually the opposite of getting us to buy more REQs because they're allowing us to use weapons we would otherwise need REQs for. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well negs are incoming. I guess I'm just desensitized from HaloFollower stealing dozens of my articles for their site. :prayers:

I would hardly say fizzy was "making a stink". Even mentioned in his OP that it wasnt a huge deal.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about just the tournament stream here, not the whole H5 group.

the whole h5 group counts....

any way you slice it 98k people were watching worlds on twitch

I thought the Halo Twitch was around 60k (or maybe 80k if I'm remembering incorrectly), Summit had 10-20k with his viewing party, and the Xbox Media Viewer has hidden numbers.

Easily over 100k regardless.

simms posted the xbox numbers the day after worlds, was something small like 6k i think

but yeah we hit over 100k no doubt

I can confirm that doubles is on the way, though I don't know when exactly.

I'm more worried about the settings than the maps. I think the settings are the main reason doubles hasn't been a popular playlist in H5, and I hope they're adjusted to better fit the player count.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You'd think that but honestly even when it comes to something like gaming, there have been differences shown between men and women when it comes to spacial awareness and reaction time. I know when people were arguing about Ogre 2 being washed someone referenced a study to refute deterioration of hand eye coordination as you get older and the one thing that was noticeable was that reaction times for women were significantly behind those for men at pretty much every age group. It's weird but honestly you could look at the trend of men dominating chess and see similar trends.

It's weird because you would think that gaming would provide an avenue where men and women are equal but even on this small of a scale men seem to have an advantage. It seems like in any instance where hand eye coordination, even at its most acute, and reaction time comes at play men will have an advantage.

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass but plenty of women play competitive games in Korea and Asia in general and you still don't see that many barriers being broken. I'm sure you could say that it's a matter of population or glass ceilings or whatever you want to call it but I think that even in something as non-physical as gaming there's still going to be a degree of differentiation among men and women.

It's due to enviromental reasons not genetics. Let's not get into gender elitism ok? ;)
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Tourney should be over way before Game of Thrones tomorrow. Apologies to my ass for sitting on it all day.

• Upvote (+1) 6