CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It also clutters the callouts with useless information. In the time where he is saying "Fucking goddammit how did he kill me." He could be small talking with his teammates. Naded used to be pushing for better communication when he first got on the team, but lately I haven't heard that probably due to how depressed he sounds while playing.

Like a few nights ago I was watching Naded stream scrims and I thought a family member might have died (not kidding) because he kept talking about how he was just distracted and he just was so off. That being said, a few weeks ago when he was streaming solo mm and looking for a team he was the funnest stream to watch, blasting music and dancing, doing the whole "let's go!" thing. I imagine 90% of these pro gamers have various things like attention and mood disorders but goodness sometimes it's hard to watch. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Might b a little late but was just wondering why no one from NA has looked into picking up Jimbo? I know he said he would need a place to stay if he competed over here but I honestly think optic would have been better w/ him over acee! N that's coming from a ace fan!

Might b a little late but was just wondering why no one from NA has looked into picking up Jimbo? I know he said he would need a place to stay if he competed over here but I honestly think optic would have been better w/ him over acee! N that's coming from a ace fan!

Ace already had a relationship with maniac and flame

But they're the worst pro team, besides Elevate, right? Cause they never practice?  :kappa:

Sorry, had to do it  :simms:  :mj:

Lol 

Seriously though, i think they learned from grinding TOO hard for Worlds that its more important to make practice count and not get burned out, than it is to just practice as much as possible.  Grinding is important when you are learning the core mechanics to get them to be instinctual but after that you have to have a purpose and be efficient with the time that you put in.  Once pro-league starts we are going to start seeing the smart teams have scheduled off-days, do anything but play halo and let their minds reset a bit before going back at it.

All that said... EG has GOT to find a way to start faster.  They have been crushing teams once they get in a groove and look like the best team outside of CLG right now, but their tourney placements aren't going to reflect that if they keep losing their first 5 game series.

Been thinking about the future of halo lately. How long can HCS last? are we going to go all the way to halo 10?, i think we need a "set" halo. like counterstrike. A multiplayer only version that lasts 3-4 years at a time, with updates along the way. Dont get me wrong i love the story, but it is becoming less and less important the further we get in the series. I would like to see the same for call of duty. Just standard multiplayer championship series games.

Didn't H3 last 4 years? I hope H6 doesn't come out for at least 3 if not 4 years.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't H3 last 4 years? I hope H6 doesn't come out for at least 3 if not 4 years.

3 same as H2, Reach was a year and a bit, halo 4 flat lined unless you count AGL, and now we are at halo 5.

I imagine 90% of these pro gamers have various things like attention and mood disorders but goodness sometimes it's hard to watch. 

w0t

I imagine 90% of these pro gamers have various things like attention and mood disorders but goodness sometimes it's hard to watch. 

Yes Please Elaborate on that point!

I think EG is better than Optic, Liquid nV, and E6. But I think they could lose because of their slow starts. No doubt they would be able to beat all of them in a 13 game series probably 9 out 10 times. BUT.... like Snip3down said in a comment about beating CLG you only need to win 3 of 5 or 4 of 7, you don't play all 13 games like you do in a scrim. EG was losing to Liquid 2 - 5, before crushing them in the last 6 games. Its a good thing that they were able to show their superiority, but they were down and in a tournament those 6 wins wouldn't have counted.

I am excited to see them on LAN especially right now when the pressure is off. Even if they don't win this tournament, there are still 6 more open spots and they are definitely one of the best 3 teams.

The biggest reason they start slow is they typically just jump on and start scrimming. No CTF warmup, no playlist warming up. That's why they perform so poorly to start and finish strong. I always hear Suspector say he's finally warm like midway thru the scrims, and last night Roy was talking about how he finally got warm after like the 7th or 8th game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CS has stayed basically the same for a decade, not to mention the same maps have been in rotation. if its not broken dont fix it..

Been thinking about the future of halo lately. How long can HCS last? are we going to go all the way to halo 10?, i think we need a "set" halo. like counterstrike. A multiplayer only version that lasts 3-4 years at a time, with updates along the way. Dont get me wrong i love the story, but it is becoming less and less important the further we get in the series. I would like to see the same for call of duty. Just standard multiplayer championship series games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 could sell two games like that (1MP & 1 Story) and even i wouldn't be mad

do it @@Sal1ent @@Deez

think of the microtransaction  :cash:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't see them ever not having campaign. Halo's design has always been based on lore and they use it as a vehicle to build hype. A mass of their sales are driven by people only buying the game for the story. And with their award-winning book series they continue to get a back bone to be inspired by for multiplayer. CSGO has a good formula that works for them, but Imo, don't think it would ever work for the Halo franchise in the way you are thinking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The biggest reason they start slow is they typically just jump on and start scrimming. No CTF warmup, no playlist warming up. That's why they perform so poorly to start and finish strong. I always hear Suspector say he's finally warm like midway thru the scrims, and last night Roy was talking about how he finally got warm after like the 7th or 8th game.

ahh, another reason why there should be a playlist that has HCS only gametypes.  Hope on and play 4 or 5, then hop into scrims.  With pro-league being all online they really need this for the tournament teams.  They aren't going to want to be playing a short series against another pro team to just then hop on against a different team and play a real series....

Has new EG scrimmed new RNG yet?

Yes, it was RNG 9-5 EG. EG has looked good since then though, would love to see them scrim again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't see them ever not having campaign. Halo's design has always been based on lore and they use it as a vehicle to build hype. A mass of their sales are driven by people only buying the game for the story. And with their award-winning book series they continue to get a back bone to be inspired by for multiplayer. CSGO has a good formula that works for them, but Imo, don't think it would ever work for the Halo franchise in the way you are thinking.

what about

HCS MP version $30

Full Version $60

but idk if that would help or hurt sales and that's obviously the deciding factor 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Found this gem in the comments section, from someone with an OG sweater:  

Lethul is everything that is wrong with any gaming community. Only taking short cuts and thinks after a few small time AGL wins that he is the greatest thing to step into the scene. MLG wins are the only thing that ever will matter to date until another league gets as many teams that they brought in of that caliber. Delusional, junkie. It is true that he probably wont make it to 22. He needs drugs to even play average. Sad existence of a human being.

at 5:35 they start talking about binging on addy lmao

You guys are blowing EGs slow starts out of proportion. You're not wrong, sometimes they do, but against elevate two nights ago and nV they didn't. I've only seen slow starts against Elevate last week and last night, and like someone already stated, they don't really warm up like other teams do.

They just get on and play. You can't really say because they start slow in scrims theyre gonna lose series at tourneys. Lol, just doesn't make sense to me, Idk.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is RNG scrimming EG tonight?  Ninja mentioned that he wanted to scrim them or CLG tonight.  Curious if anything is official.  If so, I gotta buy popcorn.

• Upvote (+1) 1