CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did anyone stream EG vs 2gre's team? Are they a pickup team or have they been playing together for a bit?

Looks like EG Steamrolled them hard! 12 - 1 and most of the games weren't close.

Cloud streamed and Towey streamed spectator mode. That same 2gre team played the night before as well but I think they're still trying things out, nothing is set it stone.

EG were definitely beating them pretty bad from what I saw. Almost all of the games were completely one sided and weren't even competitive. I'd be very surprised if the players on 2gre's team stick together in all honesty. I would personally like to see how cloud fairs on elevate in place of assault or nemassist. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe a bit late to the discussion, but I have no idea why people overrate the hell out of Formal.  I'm only going to focus on the Halo part here.

XhJaf.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

it's cool that no matter what language you speak, everyone is fluent in Kappa  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

Does anyone take Kappa seriously in meetings? :kappa:

OpTic vs RNG (Ace's PoV): Link

CLG vs NV (Frosty's PoV): Link

Liquid vs E6 (Spartan's PoV): Link

I tried something new with the og/rng and clg/nv scrims. Due to quite a few requests, I put the match results at the bottom of the post behind spoiler tags, then listed the map #'s each team won. What do you guys think? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hence :kappa: in the og post. I think its pretty well accepted around here that Suspector is a top 10 player, not just for his skill but the intangibles as well.

I never thought I'd be in a situation to say this: That was my Kappa not his.

I feel as though we can make this happen.

Anything is possible

Don't let your memes be dreams

Maybe a bit late to the discussion

Not anymore. 2gre is essentially the Jaromir Jagr of the Halo world.

An aged, grizzled veteran, undisputed to be one of the best of his generation who dominated early in his career (StK/Domination/3D/H2 FB; Penguins) before slowing down and assumed to be washed (early H3; Capitals) but came back with a bang (late H3/Reach; Rangers sort of), then took a lengthy hiatus (H4, KHL), only to come back to bounce around a little before settling down to succeed with a new team (CLG/nV/???; 2013 - present).

All 2gre needs to do to fulfill the prophecy is find his Florida Panthers. And then play professionally until he's 60 like Jagr is likely to do.

• Upvote (+1) 7

OpTic vs RNG (Ace's PoV): Link

CLG vs NV (Frosty's PoV): Link

Liquid vs E6 (Spartan's PoV): Link

I tried something new with the og/rng and clg/nv scrims. Due to quite a few requests, I put the match results at the bottom of the post behind spoiler tags, then listed the map #'s each team won. What do you guys think? 

much better

Maybe a bit late to the discussion, but I have no idea why people overrate the hell out of Formal. I'm only going to focus on the Halo part here.

Sure, he was a good halo player, but Halo's lifespan has seen so many people better than him, I have no idea why he's in discussion for "best console FPS player of all time".

Going off e-sportspedia,

He had very meh placings in Halo 3 , placing 30th and outside of the top 32 twice.

In Reach he got 5,6,5, and 3. place, then his first win in Orlando and then 3. at the last MLG event.

After that 2 more 3. places at AGLs.

Sure, he then won 5 events in Halo 4, but lets be honest here, does Halo 4 really count? The "competitive" scene in Halo 4 was a joke.

He then won the MCC launch invitational, i.e a tournament that was going to be a fluke by design.

So in summary, he has ONE win in what I would call a "valuable" tournament. There are so many players much more impressive than that unless you somehow happen to be a massive Halo 4 fan.

58996485.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe a bit late to the discussion, but I have no idea why people overrate the hell out of Formal. I'm only going to focus on the Halo part here.

Sure, he was a good halo player, but Halo's lifespan has seen so many people better than him, I have no idea why he's in discussion for "best console FPS player of all time".

Going off e-sportspedia,

He had very meh placings in Halo 3 , placing 30th and outside of the top 32 twice.

In Reach he got 5,6,5, and 3. place, then his first win in Orlando and then 3. at the last MLG event.

After that 2 more 3. places at AGLs.

Sure, he then won 5 events in Halo 4, but lets be honest here, does Halo 4 really count? The "competitive" scene in Halo 4 was a joke.

He then won the MCC launch invitational, i.e a tournament that was going to be a fluke by design.

So in summary, he has ONE win in what I would call a "valuable" tournament. There are so many players much more impressive than that unless you somehow happen to be a massive Halo 4 fan.

While i think Formal is amazing and his abilities across two games mean a lot, i also want to point out that for some reason he gets a ton more attention for similar things than players like Cloud.

For example, Formal was considered this beast sniper who hit sick shots and placed well in tournements, same with how snipedown got started even thought snipedown started a lot better.  But to continue the cloud comparison, cloud had one of the nastiest snipers and over all shots in the game, and he wasnt nearly as hyped up as formal was.  Then lets look at clouds placings over all

4 event wins outside H4, one of which was an H2A win at a non flukey event, and then he got two top 2s in H2A, as well as many top 3 finishes in all of halo.

I do think if formal came back to Halo he would be better than cloud, im just using cloud as an example of someone who should really be getting as much hype, if not more, than formal gets, just based on what got formal all his attention.  tbh the stuff cloud did with snipe in H3 was better than anything formal really did in HR

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What about four 06 Gandhi's vs four 16 Lxthul's?  

I would ARGUABLY  have to go with 4 X Lethul's, because 4 ghandi's would just kill whore

• Upvote (+1) 2

58996485.jpg

If you want my advice, don't worry about the memes so soon. Give it a few months, try to learn from some of the best, adapt their methods to your own unique style, and surprise us with something truly inspiring in a little while.

Good luck and happy memeing :smiley:

I saw some skillful "positional gameplay" in og vs rng when commonly crouched around a corner with an AR to kill ace. Competitive Halo is evolving.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3