CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

RNG v Liquid: link

CLG v E6: Link

OpTic v Elevate: Link

OpTic v Ogre 2 and Co: Link

(Tried something new with this post, I put up both Maniac and Cloud's PoV. Any feedback would be appreciated since it obviously takes longer. If nobody cares/wants to see more than one PoV per scrim then I'll just stick to picking someone at random for each scrim).

• Upvote (+1) 9

Looks like Elevate (Assault, Nemassist, Str8 Sick, Swift Kill) had two scrims last night. First against Denial, second against nV. Will post detailed scores later.

Lost to Denial 7-6, and lost to nV 7-4. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, which players in the HCS Pro League Teams would improve or decline the most without radar? Would any teams get better Seeds without radar? Let's have a Discussion.

I think that some smart players who don't necessarily have the best shots could improve

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think PAX will be really competitive. EG, Enigma 6, and NV have all looked pretty solid. Here are my made up chances of teams winning. 

EG - 45%

Enigma 6 - 25%

NV - 25%

OG - 5%

I think EG is the favorite here followed by Enigma 6 and NV. These 3 teams I expect to have close games and series. They have all played well since forming but I think EG might be a little more refined. Optic, I expect will have some close games, maybe get a game or two off teams but ultimately will not really threaten anyone. 

Has the format (seeds, best of 5/7, single/double elim) for PAX been explained yet? I might have just missed it.

@@charas Any way we could select multiple custom games and collect stats ala the "Matchup" page, for teams that aren't final yet? 

Today the scrims I'd like to see are listed below. I'm going to make sure that we have all potential PAX matches played before PAX so we can make wild predictions about how that tournament will turn out.

RNG vs EG

E6 vs NV

Elevate vs Team Randa

Optic vs Liquid

CLG vs Denial

Just FYI the matches coming tomorrow and Thursday for the PAX matches will be (There's a lot of these so if pros are listening or care about this maybe play 2 5 or 7 game series a night?):

Optic vs NV

Optic vs E6

Optic vs EG

NV vs EG (Played 4/18 EG wins 12-1)

NV vs E6 (4/19?)

E6 ve EG

Has the format (seeds, best of 5/7, single/double elim) for PAX been explained yet? I might have just missed it.

Seeds:

1)E6

2)EG

3)nV

4)OpTic

Tournament is double elimination BO5 except for Winners Finals, Losers Finals, & Grand Finals (those will be BO7). It is double elimination so I'm assuming the winners finalists in grand finals will have to be beat in two BO7's but they didn't really clarify if finals will just be one series or two. Hoping it's just one series for finals regardless.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I only watched the first four games of the RNG - TL scrim last night, and from that, Ninja had some shit luck with grenades. That being said, I think they looked pretty good in those first four games, and communication was good. I don't know what happened after that, but they only went 3-6? It is a bit discouraging, but they need to just play through it. Watch the footage from last night, and play again tonight. Learn from the mistakes, it was only their second night back. 

Was going to say the exact same thing about the grenades. 

Did anyone watch the EG vs nV scrim last night? 12-1 in favor of EG is a lopsided score. Was EG really dominate? Was nV off their game? Was it closer than 12 - 1 and EG just won the close ones?

I'm excited he is putting his money back into eSports. And the dude learned from the best and is now a millionaire so hopefully he follows in the footsteps Hecz made and makes some more Nadeshots out of these players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Update on Nadeshots, team, in three hours they managed to surpass Rise's twitter following:

To put that into comparison Rise, has been in every pro league since the end of Ghost's (I believe) and have won 2 out of three call of duty tournaments this year lol (easily the second best team in the game behind OG)

It is currently sitting at 57.7k followers which is pretty ridiculous for a brand new org, to be honest I would be surprised if it didn't break 100k by the end of the day.

Two things  are a certainty with this org,  A the players will be treated well, (highly unlikely that Nadeshot, a former professional gamer, will be a scumbag to other gamers)

B The org's social media will be on point, Nadeshot understands just how crucial this is in the e-sports scence and will be more than supportive to his players, in this regard.

Please God let him pick up a Halo Team, we could use someone as large as him continuously endorsing halo and possibly drawing some of his more casual fan base to try our game.

Nadeshot pulled 80,000 viewers his first night back streaming. He has his own followers and just about every GreenWall fanboy behind him.

Excited to see how his teams do

Tournament is double elimination BO5 except for Winners Finals, Losers Finals, & Grand Finals (those will be BO7). It is double elimination so I'm assuming the winners finalists in grand finals will have to be beat in two BO7's but they didn't really clarify if finals will just be one series or two. Hoping it's just one series for finals regardless.

Double elimination by definition requires 2 grand finals series if the winner of the winner's bracket loses the first series. Otherwise its not really a fair double elimination format. 

Honestly with the way scrims have been going as a whole I'd be shocked if EG lost a series. So it likely won't matter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol yeah I remember that he had like a 4 - 5 hour sub train lol, shit was insane. Hopefully Twitch's prodigal son can rub some of that magic off on his team's.

Did anyone watch the EG vs nV scrim last night? 12-1 in favor of EG is a lopsided score. Was EG really dominate? Was nV off their game? Was it closer than 12 - 1 and EG just won the close ones?

EG definitely had some strength in closing their close matches, but most of then weren't close. Their communication was better than it has been even though Snip3down was having an interesting performance (Not bad just...I've never seen him behave that way during a scrim). NV wasn't playing their best but 12-1 is pretty telling. Also Lunchbox was playing like a god. Anyone who doubts his ability to compete at a pro level should watch the VOD. 

Wouldn't most of Nadeshot's followers already be following Optic? I'm not sure having a 100 Thieves team would give us a significant amount more exposure over what we're already receiving from Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wouldn't most of Nadeshot's followers already be following Optic? I'm not sure having a 100 Thieves team would give us a significant amount more exposure over what we're already receiving from Optic.

I don't know many people that follow E-sports who strictly follow and support one team, Nadeshot has established his own dedicated fan base, hence why he pulled 80k on his first twitch stream, i mean that pulled more than most cod tourneys, sure yes the vast majority are optic fans but what is to say they cant support two simutainiously, like my sig, I am rooting for both E6 and NV this season.

Edit: from what I have noticed people tend to support personalities rather than org's. I will be interested to see how many people tune in to see his team's first league match tonight.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also Penquin's name is under elevate and renegades on the front page of this thread.

Edit: Fixed

Nadeshot has 2.5 million YouTube subscribers compared to Optic Nations 1.3 million. He has a larger fan base and made most of his money from his YouTube. He as a personality now owning an org will hopefully be like having a second Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nadeshot has 2 million YouTube subscribers compared to Optic Nations 1.3 million. He has a larger fan base and made most of his money from his YouTube. He as a personality now owning an org will hopefully be like having a second Optic.

You said, what I was trying to lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

:weback: ? 

I got a "if he does this again, he's banned from HCS" vibe from this tweet, ngl.